1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones can not be a starter on a championship caliber team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mdoggnic, May 3, 2014.

1. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

My biggest issue with Terrence is he's a horrible outlet passer. Outlet passes are vital with our guys, especially with the small lineups. He wants to be a point guard so bad.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

LMA undressed Terrence again last night.

Rockets were missing 2 key bigs, so there's hope.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

LMA undresses a lot of people

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

It doesn't really make much sense to just keep complaining about Jones everytime he has a bad game. Until McHale has other options, then Jones will play.

I will say this though. Jones had 8 rebounds, while Harrell and Capela had 5 combined. Jones scored 10 points while Harrell and Capela had 9 combined. Jones had 2 blocks while Harrel and Capela had 1 combined. Jones had 1 turnover while Harrell and Capela had 5 combined. Jones had 0 fouls while Harrell and Capela had 10 combined.

I know Jones didn't have a good game. He missed a lot of shots and couldn't defend LMA. But, other players played even worse in my opinion. Jones seems to catch all the hate around here. I don't think anyone expects him to be a star player. He has good games and he has bad games. Just like many other players in the league.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Fixed

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with this. We all know Jones isn't our top option, but right now he's our best option. He's going to look bad from time to time, especially when he's going against good players. Until DMo is back, or until Harrell makes a huge leap as a player, there's no point in harping on Jones' bad games. We should instead just be happy the times he actually has good games.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Has anyone else noticed that this is a 1 1/2 yr old thread.

Take back your GARM

[​IMG]

9. basketballholic

Those things are all true. But....time is still on Capela's and Harrell's side. It's not on Terrence's side. This is the last year of his rookie deal. He becomes a cap concern now.

By the way, unless Harrell miraculously becomes a good rebounder over night, his value to us winning games this year is going to be very low. I like him. And it's obvious to me that Harrell processes the game better, in his rookie preseason, than Terrence does after 3 NBA campaigns. But that doesn't mean he's good enough to help us win. He has been owned on the glass because his one-dimensional mindset is to look for spectacular putback dunks instead of making the fundamental boxout. Unless he changes his rebounding approach significantly he'll be limited in how much he helps us as well.

As for Capela, he's in his second season. He's going to have plenty of up and down moments. He's going to look sensational at things and other times he's going to look terrible. It's obvious he's improved but he's going to be inconsistent.

And this is precisely why I have stated multiple times that we have to get another primary big that can board and shoot at an above average NBA level. Otherwise we ain't winning a championship.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Jones wasn't that bad, he actually had a good first half. He basically matched or out performed Ariza but I don't hear anybody calling for his head.

10 points, 8 boards, 2 blocks in 24 minutes, in a pre season game, coming off a concussion that kept him out for like a week.

He tried to do too much in the second half on offense, Aldridged played really well. Sure, but Green went off like crazy as well, and the whole team shot under 40%.

People just love to **** on Jones.

And as for Harrell, he looked ok but I'm worried about his rebounding, last night in 21 minutes he got only 3 rebounds to go with 5 points, 3 turnovers and 5 fouls.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

It's easy to identify the problem……the solutions are much harder to come up with.

JMO, but I don't see a small trade to "fill a hole". Our next and likely only trade this year needs to all but guarantee our spot in the finals. A small trade might marginally improve us, but it will cost us more than its worth.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I get that the goal is to destroy threads with the picture of the cat....but in a lot of cases, that post is better and more valuable than what they might normally post so I'm not sure that plan is going to work.

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmfao this cat though

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

If you watch the actual game last you would have seen he undressed Jones, Capela, Ariza and Harrell.

I can't stand it when you agenda driven people make these false claims.
    Please go back and watch the game.

18. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

HTownBaller38 = Terrence Jones' mother

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Have we ever seen HTownBaller38 and Terrence Jones' mother in the same place at the same time? You might be on to something.

20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

The Dekker pick is baffling. I don't know what Morey was thinking. Maybe he sees something we don't......Not saying that Dekker is a bad player. I like that he hustles and plays hard but I don't really understand why we picked him.