1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Terrence Jones arrested in Portland for stomping on homeless man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, Jul 31, 2013.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Exactly.

Was trying to find someone in this thread who thought like me.

2. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

I think that's why the term "harassment" applies rather than "assault."

Look, it was stupid, a little heartless, and hopefully not a part of a pattern with Jones. Either way it was the wrong thing to do. If TJ is really not that bad of a guy maybe this gives him a nudge to grow up.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, it is not that hard. We as fans support those players that are hard working through these kind of incidents.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

5. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Did Terrance get bum-bumped? Is that why?

6. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Interesting enough, I found some comments elsewhere that the guy jones stomped is a registered sex offender and heroin addict. I don't know if that is actually true, though, and I don't really have time to research any further.

That doesn't make what Jones did okay by any stretch, but it would make me feel less sympathy for the victim.

7. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

don't know the full story but it sounds ugly. if he did beat on a homeless man unprovoked, he's not a good kid. period.

as a rockets fan, i hope he can put this behind him, get the mental health help he needs, and concentrate on improving his game ...but i don't have to like him ...and if these reports are true, i don't.

1 person likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Beat? You can be sure he did not beat him up. It was a kick. Stomp is not the right word.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You should read the story and not the headline before posting.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It is most certainly a reflection on his poor character if he is stomping on a homeless guy sleeping.

It is one thing to make a joke, or even feel distaste for the homeless, but stomping or kicking a person while they are sleeping - is inexcusable and it is 100% a look inside the mans lack of character.

It is inexcusable, alcohol or not.....it is stupid - yes, but kicking a defenseless guy who is asleep - honestly - just nothing that can explain that.

He deserves his day in court, but this is bad mojo - IMO.....and he is not all that good to begin with.....(not that it matters).

DD

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Did you read more than the headline?

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...d-in-portland-for-harassment-of-homeless-man/

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ok. Let's talk BBall then. He is a tremendous talent for a 18th pick.
    No he is not an Allstar type right now but he is still a good player.

He is actually a Parsons type PF can do it all with lesser handles, shooting and more post game. And he can do things that Parsons can't and that's blocking more shots.

14. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

15. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I would like to hear Tjones side of the story. The story we have heard so far does cast TJones in a very unfavorable light. I like Rocket players to be good players on the court and good people off the court, so at his point I'm really disappointed in TJones.

However, I'm not going to blow this out of proportion either. He didn't throw someone threw a window, or assault a young girl in a hotel room. It looks like he got caught coming out of a bar at 2am and participating in some unthoughtful and uncaring horseplay. I know I did some stupid stuff when I was 21 years old, as I'm sure many people have. So, I'm just hoping that TJones can learn from this and become a better person.

I'd really like to see him take responsibility of his actions, apologize, and then move on and focus on basketball.

16. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

The sensationalist headline doesn't seem to match the description of the events.

There were no injuries. So if a stomp was observed, perhaps he stomped the ground to wake up the person.

Hopefully, someday we'll start to rise up against the police state that we live under. From the article, it basically sounds like he was arrested for being rude and inconsiderate.

17. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Yes,I have. Obviously you and I are getting different interpretations of the same information.

I agree that he will probably just get a slap on the wrist, he's not going to jail or is being kicked off of the team. What I don't agree with you is that this isn't a big deal/nonevent. He was arrested for allegedly kicking/stomping a person, a person who was asleep at the time of the incident. The person who saw the incident and is bringing forth those allegations happens to be a police officer.

None of us here witnessed the incident, so all we have to go by is the information that is being reported by the media and the the information so far doesn't look good for TJones. Even the report of the man not being injured doesn't look good for Jones, all that's saying is that something actually did happen! Just because a person doesn't need/want medical attention does that mean that it's alright for Jones to kick whoever he wants, just as long as he doesn't injure them?

Also, something that hasn't been talked about yet is that there were 7/8 people who were with Jones at the time. Why weren't any of them arrested? If they are hanging around together at 2a.m. it's more than likely that they were all partying and drinking, yet none of the other people got arrested. This means he did something that singled him out,something that eventually got him arrested.

I'm not trying to single you out, I actually enjoy reading your posts...;)

20. MaxRider

MaxRider Member