1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Terrence Jones arrested in Portland for stomping on homeless man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, Jul 31, 2013.

1. ILoveWhiteGirls

What part of sleeping don't you understand??? I'm curious are you guys just now visiting the internet? Seems like it.

2. H-townRedOx

H-townRedOx Member

Why are people still insisting Jones assaulted a homeless man? Not even the cop thought Jones assaulted him, or else Jones would have been charged with ASSAULT. smh people have 0 reading comprehension whatsoever. and if he "stomped" on the guy, im pretty sure the guy would be hurt. Jones weighs 250 lbs and is strong. if he wanted to hurt the homeless guy, the guy would be hurt. so because the man wasn't hurt, we can conclude both that Jones didn't stomp on him, nor did he want to even hurt him.

As for Jones crying in court, Im sure he was. He is scared that he is gonna lose his NBA future because some cop probably overreacted to Jones getting a hobo out of his way. crying is not an admission of guilt whatsoever, I've seen people cry in court before then be found innocent. Also lol at cops alays being reliable witnesses. there are cops that are reliable and unbiased witnesses, just like there are ordinary citizens that are unbiased and reliable. but also like regular citizens, there are cops who are extremely biased. to take anything anyone says as 100% fact before doing your own research just makes you look extremely naive.

last thing, i hope all you people who want Jones off the team eat a ton of crow for assuming you are better than the courts and can pass judgement before they do. you don't know all the facts, and this is America, where you are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

3. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

i promise you this

Jones is doing 10 times more damage to the rockets then royce was doing on his twitter

BE well

4. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Define " leg stomp" in this case. Then define "screaming" in this case. Was the guys legs broken or even bruised? Ear drums busted?

Did the homeless guy say something f'd up to Jones or try to grab Jones?

You guys don't know all the facts, so calm down. Yes, it sounds bad, but il wait until more comes out before I pass Judgment like some of you.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is one parallel to the Trayvon story. Both the police guy and the Hispanic coordinator observed before taking action. In Jones' case the officer did not have to shoot but it could be a mistake nonetheless. Wrong judgement.

6. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

thank you O.J

well written

hows prison ?

7. ILoveWhiteGirls

Why you so slow?

8. Crank

Crank Member

dude. that homeless dude just won the lottery. I wish an NBA player or Donald Trump would wake me up. This is America, where even the homeless can sue people.

9. H-townRedOx

H-townRedOx Member

lol @Kmav23 and @Ilovewhitegirls

terrible posters who dont have anything to add to the conversation so they just troll. Kmav especially, all he has been doing is trying to find reasons to get Jones off the team and in prison.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

don't you just hate it when you peacefully sleep in the middle of the sidewalk then some pedestrian wanting to pass wakes you up

11. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

He did not have to do what ever he did to that cat on the sidewalk, even if the cop did over-react. Drunk people do stupid things. Especially 21 year old males hanging out with friends, but hey at least he wasn't smoking cannabis right? That would be way worse he probably would have stayed at home and played the new NCAA.

12. seeingred

seeingred Member

homeless guy was sleeping in some ants. Jones wanted to wake him up but didn't want to get ants on him so: give him a little nudge. but homeless guy is on the nod from that last dose of black tar heroin and doesn't feel it. he continues to get bit by ferocious Portland ants. so TJones has to nudge him a little harder. Cop arrests TJones, homeless man shuffles a few feet out of the antpile and goes back to blissful, heroin fueled sleep.

see how fun it is fill in the details of a story yourself ?

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm not seeing the big deal. He perhaps did something kind of thoughtless and may eventually get a slap on the wrist. It's not going to effect his place on the team or mess with his game. I don't think it even reflects much on his character. Seems like a nonevent.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so what did he exactly do? since the "victim" injured and not pressing charges obviously he didn't stomp or kick or violently step on him.. he probably just nudged him to wake him up.. no biggie

and yeah the cop describing what jones did as stomped made it a big deal

#734 vlaurelio, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah this isn't really a big deal. The fact that the bum isn't even pressing charges says a lot. Must have been really minor.

Which is surprising because usually a bum would press charges to get some money out of this, especially since the "assaulter" is an NBA player.

16. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

What the hell else are the Portland cops supposed to do? They were doubtless grateful for the change in pace from breaking up hipster disputes i.e. "he poisoned my chicken" or "I bought champagne that was supposed to be cruelty free but I suspect otherwise."

1 person likes this.
  17. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

You're a real piece of work...He's charged with harassment not assault. It's a misdemeanor. He MAY pay a fine and do some community service. Possibly 6 months of probation probably deferred adjudication.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It wasn't assault. Did you bother to read what he was charged with or do you only get your news from headlines?

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Thank you. I think people generally are overreacting because of the drama in the news in the past about people beating up homeless people for sick fun, and think this is somehow a related incident.

Even if you read the report with the thought that yes maybe there is some deep seeded hate built up in Terrence, the fact is, he never hurt the man, and despite being WITNESSED by a cop, he's only getting charged with a class B misdemeoner. This is in the same class as graffiti or a DWI mind you.

At worst, I see a 4000 to 10000 dollar fine... which is less than David Stern would give him for complaining about the refs in a regular season game.

This might say something about his character (might need a stern talking to), but you, I, and all the over-judgemental idiots on this board probaby needed a good talking to and hand slap at some point in our youth around this age.

This will not, and should not affect ANYTHING about his career whether it be in professional sports, or if he was working as a teller at a bank. Stuff happens, and people make mistakes.... move on drama queens.

1 person likes this.
  20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Well said.