1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones arrested in Portland for stomping on homeless man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

um ...no

2. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

i would prefer to trade royce for jones now...

anyone who assaults a homeless man is a lowlife scum

3. Drawkwa22

Drawkwa22 Member

surprised this isn't a battery charge

4. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Jones, who is a Portland native, was reported to have been observed by a police sergeant in the wee hours as shouting down the homeless man before kicking the victim’s leg.

While watching the group walk away from the bar, the sergeant observed a man, later identified as Jones, walk by a doorway where two homeless men were sleeping, according to police spokesman Sgt. Pete Simpson.

The sergeant said Jones yelled, “Wake up,” then raised his leg and stomped down on one of the man’s legs.

------------------------------------

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am saying it probably the 100th time.
    I am glad you are not the GM of the Rockets

6. Crank

Crank Member

Parental love. Hi maternal instinct kicked in.

7. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

how can anyone have sympathy for jones is beyond me...

please tell me what the worse thing royce white did ?

he was crucified on clutchfans !

8. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

Yes, it definitely takes a very very high horse to know not to stomp on someone sleeping. "*huge eyeroll*"

9. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

all the comments on nba forums have called for him to be put in prison !

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Easy. Royce was never a Rocket. Jones is at least part of the team as of now.

11. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Jones should be suspended by the nba and rockets for a while

12. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

want no part of jones... has brought disgrace to the rockets and nba

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

sadly ...i agree with this completely. the nature of the crime is such that it does deserve real punishment rather than a slap on the wrist.

14. rullrich

rullrich Member

I'm kind of getting the sense (or at least hoping) that something like this was the cause for everything. It's difficult to understand TJ just walking up to a homeless man and stomping on him for no reason. Still doesn't excuse it but I'd at least be able to comprehend it on some level if the homeless guy did something offensive to a drunk person.

He plead not guilty after a cop saw him do it - must be more to the story. Dude is uninjured and not pressing charges.

I'll be the hopeful optimist I guess.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree with you Royce has bought in well within a system and had a wonderful season with the Rockets

:rolleyes::rolleyes: in your dreams

16. Crank

Crank Member

Listen alot worse things can happen while you sleep. Getting a leg stomp? Not so bad. it depends. Maybe TJones's leg was falling asleep sitting at a bar and was talking to his leg with the "wake up!" and incidentally stomped on the sleeping homeless mans leg by accident.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Happens to me regularly. I don't yell 'Wake up' though. Innovative thinking.

18. Crank

Crank Member

Lastly TJones may be still distraught over the Trayvon verdict. The homeless man was white if i am not mistaken. Maybe the homeless said some racial epithets in his sleep thus enraging TJones to wake him up and educate him on hate and why we all gotta love each other?

19. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Some Precedent for Jones....

21 New Jersey man gets 3 years in prison for beating a homeless man

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-homeless-man-article-1.1277381#ixzz2aj4NhGYN

FREEHOLD, N.J. - A video posted on YouTube a few days before Christmas in 2011 shows a young man striding purposefully into the woods as a cameraman asks what he's about to do.
    "About to go beat up this bum," the man in the video says.
    And that's exactly what he does, punching and kicking a homeless man in the face, bloodying his nose, before wishing him a Merry Christmas.
    That videotaped assault led to a three-year prison sentence Friday for the man shown carrying it out.
    Taylor Giresi, 22, whose lawyer said he has an IQ of 74 and numerous psychological issues, told Superior Court Judge Anthony J. Mellaci Jr. that he didn't intend to hurt David Ivins. But he also said he failed to see what the big deal was.
    "I already apologized to the homeless man; I knew him," said Giresi.
    TAYLOR GIRESI VIA YOUTUBE/WESTCHESTER.NEWS12.COM

"I already apologized to the homeless man; I knew him," said Giresi.

"I already apologized to the homeless man; I knew him," Giresi said in a halting monotone. "It wasn't like anything serious. But when I put it on YouTube it got serious. I wasn't trying to hurt the man."
    Giresi pleaded guilty in January under the terms of a plea agreement to conspiring to use a juvenile to commit a crime. More serious charges, including assault, were dropped as part of the agreement.
    Prosecutors and Giresi's defense lawyer agreed Giresi was egged on and had his actions directed by a juvenile who filmed the attack and who was 17 at the time. The juvenile, whose name has not been made public, spent more than two months in a state youth detention center, and later received a one-year suspended sentence and placed on probation for a year.
    Giresi was 20 at the time of the attack, but had mental issues and were easily influenced by the co-defendant, with whom he lived in Lake Como, not far from the site of the attack in Wall Township, according to court testimony.
    "What I did was wrong," said Giresi, who claimed he was under the influence "of mar1juana and something else" that day. "I wasn't thinking right. He said the wrong thing at the wrong time; I reacted on it."
    David Ivins was bloodied by the attack.

Ivins did not attend the court hearing and his whereabouts could not be determined.
    The video, which was quickly taken down from the video sharing site after the pair were charged, shows Giresi repeatedly kicking and punching Ivins, while taunting him and pretending to sympathize with him.

20. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

base on the above case...

Jones should be getting some prison time if found guilty, maybe a few months