1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones arrested in Portland for stomping on homeless man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, Jul 31, 2013.

1. NotChandlerParsons

Gonna have to update the rep text again.

NotChandlerParsons is Terrence Jones - on a good road but occasionally stomps on homeless people.

2 people like this.
  2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I guarantee you if you put a sleeping homeless guy outside of a club at closing time when a bunch of intoxicated early 20s people are leaving, that someone would eff with the homeless guy in some way every single night. Guarantee it. I'm not saying it's right, but I am saying it's a mistake a lot of 21yr olds would make given the opportunity.

..but that's the problem with being 21 - you don't think things through and you probably haven't yet learned to "walk a mile in someone else's shoes". Again it's not right, but if anyone is going to make that mistake, it's going to be someone young like that.

It didn't appear to be anything in pure malice. I mean let's be clear - Jones is a huge guy AND a professional athlete. If he really wanted to hurt that guy he probably could have done some serious damage to his leg quiet easily. The fact he said "Wake up" seems like he was trying to be funny - probably for his friends.

If your really disgusted, I find it hard to believe that Jones is pure evil and he was TRYING to hurt the guy(and somehow failed despite being huge, athletic, and hitting a sleeping person) and is so cold that he was making a joke out of it to the guy's face.

3. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I want to hear what fully happened but I will say, it isn't looking like a good thing at all. The only way I see him justifiably doing something like this is if the homeless man was going to mug him or something. This is looking like it was all on him.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he asked a guy to wake up and put his feet on his legs (he probably just nudged him with his feet).. even the homeless guy is not injured at all nor pressing charges

if he stomped him, the guy would have serious injuries.. even stepping on the guys leg with tjones full weight will cause injuires.. but as the story says, no injuries

5. T.MAC

T.MAC Member

what a brilliant first round draft we had :| :D

6. Fantasma Negro

The point I'm trying to make is liquor makes ppl do dumb stuff. I doubt Jones would've done this if he was sober. I like Jones and I think he's gonna get his act together. Charles Barkley spit on a little girl and ppl still love him. Give dude a break

7. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Yeah most of us have all been there, done that. But bullying and harassing a homeless person?

8. treeman

treeman Member

Dude, I was 21, drunk and stupid once. I know EXACTLY what it's like.

The operative word here is *stupid*. It's not "evil" or anything like that, just stupid. Although targeting homeless people does speak to a lack of character. When I was young, drunk, and stupid I did know other people who did "bum-bashing", which I always thought was both stupid and cruel. I don't see how any rational person can see it otherwise.

I am prepared to wait and see on the actual events (initial reports are usually wrong) and will reserve judgment. But if it happened as reported, I want to see him off of our roster.

9. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

i dont know the full details but if the homeless guy was just sleeping and gets stomped that is messed up no matter how you put it, even if you are 13, 21, 45 or whatever. These are character issues. I like Jones, but this news is really disappointing.

10. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

What incentive does a police officer have to file a false report of a multimillion dollar athlete against a homeless person? The risks far outweigh any illusory benefits of notoriety if he's caught embellishing the truth. If anything, the cop had an incentive to keep the story low profile - Less issues, less paperwork, less headaches.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Kicking a sleeping homeless person is an act of depravity. It's violent, mean, and shows a callous disregard for other human beings. Alcohol is no excuse. Nor is the behavior of other drunk hooligans.

12. alX

alX Member

steve martin?

13. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

So youre saying if they are in their 20s and drunk they get a free pass to stomp and punk homeless dudes or random people? just because there are other people that do it, it makes it ok for Jones? SMH

14. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Exactly. I find it incredible that people here are trying to justify assaulting or even harassing a person unprovoked because of the perpetrator's age or because alcohol is involved.

I'm sure most of us here have drunk a lot of alcohol and done stupid things that we regret, but if you can walk home you've still got plenty of cognitive functioning and self-control. This is a character issue, he's a bad person. I'm sure he'll probably clean up his act and keep a low profile from now on, and afaik he was a studious rookie during his stint in the d-league, but he's still a douchebag.

15. Raven

Raven Member

A player could be caught tossing a cat into a tree shredder, and some fans would say - well, that's definitely not cool, but it's just a cat.

1 person likes this.
  16. dxdx

dxdx Member

So... its okay to injure and harass the downtrodden because of alcohol? Well then, do remember to turn the other cheek the next time a drunk happens to punch you.

17. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]
    I honestly can't tell if he's drunk on not, but he looks like he's on something

18. jayland

jayland Member

Maybe for his defense Jones will claim he grew up watching the Portland Jail Blazers, which had a bad influence on him.

19. koopa

koopa Member

Wow, first royce white, then him.

20. Fantasma Negro

Dude chill the freak out, you act like you never made a mistake in your life. Did he do something stupid? Yes, incredibly stupid. But damn he's human and he's young, it doesn't make him a despicable life form it makes him human. Besides he plead not guilty, I thought this was America