1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones arrested in Portland for stomping on homeless man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, Jul 31, 2013.

1. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

2012 Rockets draft class= Worst ever... At least Lamb helped us land Harden

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

as I said before, he might have farted on T Jones in his sleep. Homeless farts are the worst.

3. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

A bad decision by a possibly intoxicated young player. Disappointing and rather foreboding about his character. Please don't twist the issue here, we have a young player who made a poor decision and now he's paying the consequences. Any single one of our players would be receiving backlash if they had done something as stupid as this. Some more than others, but the negative attention just the same. It's just overall disappointment.

4. treeman

treeman Member

If this actually happened as reported (having a LEO as a primary witness means it's probably pretty accurate, even if he isn't charged with assault) then I don't want the guy here. It speaks to character issues. It means A) he's a thug, and B) he has self control issues.

Ship his a$$ out of here.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If the idiot had a job, this wouldn't have happened.

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Not sure if you're serious.;)

7. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

I get the feeling this is a complete non-issue. I read a more detailed version of the story and it said 2 guys were sleeping in the doorway and Jones tried to wake them up. The victim was not injured and did not press charges.

He has plead not guilty so in my mind he hasn't done anything until they can show he did significantly more than just try get the dude to move out of the way.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

why are police officers accurate witnesses. I've found them to be as biased as anyone else.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

They are not worried about being stomped on while asleep?

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

Johns thought they were his boys and he was trying to woke them up.

11. heypartner

That only happens in Portland.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. heypartner

People who had to play for the Jazz don't count. You know better than that.

And he wasn't an NBA player then.

14. treeman

treeman Member

Like it or not, the courts will certainly treat them as reliable witnesses.

And generally speaking, I have a hard time believing that a police sergeant would take this seriously enough to make an arrest if he had just accidentally tripped over someone or whatever. And there will likely be other witnesses. I doubt that Jones was alone. And of course, there is the victim's statement...

On the one hand, he is innocent until proven guilty, on the other hand, stop making excuses for what was likely bad behavior. I see ALOT of people excusing this as nothing, no big deal, just something normal 21 year olds do... Er, NO. The type of person who would stomp on a sleeping homeless person is someone who most definitely has character issues, regardless of age. Sleeping. Homeless. It doesn't get much more vulnerable than that. Intoxication level is NOT an excuse - it actually makes it worse. It indicates lack of control issues.

We don't know what happened. Let the facts shake out and let the courts decide. But if true as reported (as I said right off the bat in my first post on the subject) then I want him gone. I don't want a guy who would do something like that on this team, because he is a risk in the future.

15. treeman

treeman Member

Can you post a link to the other story? The more facts the better.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Here are a bunch of drunk 20 year olds. For reference.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wEd7goF9-yU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HMP0vcBMzdM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he was sleeping according to the cop.. i want to hear what T Jones says.. and what the homeless man says in court..

he was probably lying down and in the middle of people's paths.. then when tjones asked him to move.. he didn't or said something..

19. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

He'll do a little community service for this. that's all.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

1 person likes this.