1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones arrested in Portland for stomping on homeless man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, Jul 31, 2013.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's close to indecent exposure if you flaunt it.

Eddie Griffin's masturbation in public is a far worse offense as far as the law and courts are concerned. :grin:

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Yeah right. And that management team is not this management team. Jones hopefully is gone. Forever.

Jones is not even an important part of the Rockets. He ranks what - 8th or 9th on the list? Send his sorry ass elsewhere. He is not worth the public relations nightmare.

Harden
    Howard
    Parsons
    Lin
    Asik
    D-Mo
    Bev
    Smith

Damn he is at the rear end!

#582 jtr, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  3. heypartner

it's true.

Masturbation in public > harassment

Class 1 misdemeanor and must register as a sex offender vs Class 2 misdemeanor. You do the math. I'm not making this up. The courts and law agree.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he stepped on someone lying on a walkway probably his path.. plus no details on any exchange between the two before that happened

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And that was how many years ago? Isn't it approaching a decade? Completely different world dude. He made the front page of cnn.com. I feel sure Les and Morey will have a tough time getting to sleep tonight.

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

THIS.

Honestly, it sounds like he was probably out being silly with friends late at night and made a really poor choice. Did he mean to stomp on the guy or was he trying to stomp his foot next to him to be loud and accidentally stepped on the guy's leg(possibly after a few drinks)? Either way it's a real a-hole thing to do, and he should be punished...but let's not crucify the guy. Pretty much everyone does stupid stuff they regret at the age of 21.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Hey. He was arrested because a Portland police sergeant saw him abuse a sleeping homeless man. Can you get any lower than that without committing a felony? And let us see what tomorrow brings as far as charges.

8. heypartner

I'm pretty sure registered sex offenders can't play in the NBA. So, what's worse?

Sorry, but you are making a bigger deal about this than the Law is. You are equating it to Assault by assuming it will lead to Assault. You could be right, but the courts say you cannot make that judgement in this case at all, because the charge is Harassment...which they don't equate to Assault until a second offense....and usually against the same person.

I'm not defending the drunk douchebag, but you are just not understanding what the police officers charged him with, and what it means. At least get that correct.

9. heypartner

No...the charge is "annoy" not abuse. So, now you are saying the cops got it all wrong with the harassment/annoy charge.

10. platypus

platypus Member

The guy was charged with Harassment, not battery, not assault. He will repay his debt to society and go on with his life.

This is also his first misstep with the law so i am sure Management will show good faith and give him a second chance.

I'm sure Les and Morey will sleep just fine.

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I often annoy sleeping people by stomping on their legs. As I said before, who here hasn't gotten drunk and gone around stomping people?

YOLO!

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Damn, looks like some critical thinkers have arrived and paused the circle jerk.

Will read again to see if jtr survives through the night. Stay strong jtr, it's going to be ok, just keep repeating "innocent until proven guilty" until you can get to sleep.

13. coffeelover665

Its funny I see this thread because I had a broken brake light ticket and needed a cop signature so I was driving around looking for one.

Looks like I was in the wrong town.

14. SevenMinuteAbs

I'm disappointed but he really doesn't come off as the type to do something like this. drunk or not, idk, i hope it isn't true, but it doesn't look too good right now.

15. elliotquine

elliotquine Member

In the face of this heinous act, the questions should be: Where was Lin? Why wasn't he there to prevent this from happening? First he can't go left, now he can't keep his Black brother from stomping homeless people?!

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Since things don't make sense I'm not rushing to judgement.

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Wow seriously. If it was Lin, Yao, or even Clutch the bear, I would still hope the guy is off our roster and the law does its work. The report says the homeless man was SLEEPING and Jones screamed "Wake up." A homeless man is still a human being and if he was sleeping doing no one any harm that's just disgraceful. I hope the organization cuts ties with this guy.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Lol.

I'm quite sure Les & Daryl will sleep fine.

19. ILoveWhiteGirls

The homeless guys was sleeping, it's in the thread title did you not see it???

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He might have been snoring loudly in T Jones direction.