1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Terrence Jones arrested in Portland for stomping on homeless man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, Jul 31, 2013.

1. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I like this thread. While I don't know the full particulars of the incident, this thread tells me a lot about the characters/values of some of my fellow CFers.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Can't believe some of you are rationalizing this.

When I was 21 I got so drunk in a bar in Crete I felt I was having an out-of-body experience. Got a little friendly with the Dutch girl bartender but she politely asked me not to put my hands on her "ahss" as we danced.

Now, switch to, 21 years old, drunk....and rich, spoiled, overprivileged, and more than a little bit mean.

How you treat people less fortunate than you goes a looooooong way into showing your character.

Stomping a homeless dude? Will time heal this wound on his image? Does time heal all wounds? Or does time wound all heels? Hopefully he'll grow up.

3. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

funny, I puked on a cop's shoe downtown on my 21st...and got away with it.

4. Sirton

Sirton Contributing Member

Ya I see your point like Aaron Hernandez of the New England Patriots

5. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

correct...public urination would make him a registered sex offender. think id rather deal with an assault charge personally...sad but true.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm gonna assume he was really drunk when he did it and it won't happen again.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Better not call him a homeless man's version of Howard or Someone next time

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

I agree. They are mediocre. Just average donuts with out-of-the-ordinary ingredients to make them seem cool.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Allegedly... but ... sounds too odd to be cooked up. If true then he needs to go.

10. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Dumb move, at least the poor guy won't be homeless anymore...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

where will he go? Smart move by him diminishing his trade value.

12. craguin

craguin Member

13. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

It`s not "no big deal" - for one he should know better from a purely "pr-standpoint". Of course this stuff gets out and hurt your career. But way more than that, everybody needs to respect other people, way more so if you ar a privileged sport star millionaire and you are facing somebody who fights for survival every day. This is not only classless, it is disgusting.

That being said, I am not ready to give up on Jones yet. He is young, dumb and probably was as drunk as you can be and trying to impress his friends. He needs to be very carefully now and handle this situation with class and grow from it. Apologize, give a significant amount of money to charity and pledge to be a class act from now on. Show everybody, that you are not just sorry, because you got caught, but you truly understand you did a terrible thing and are a better man today.

If he fails to do that, cut him. He has potential, but he is not that valuable that you should risk the integrity of your team for him.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Did I say instantly trade him? Don't assume others are idiots before reading the full statement carefully.

15. Postcall

Postcall Member

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'll wait till he goes to court no telling why he stomped on the guy.

17. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

It's funny cause i see him posting religious **** on twitter all the time. Hypocrite

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

Really disappointing, didn't expect that kind of behavior from him. Seemed like a shy relatively nice guy. Guess I was wrong. Will not set well with the Rockets org. Plus, he going to get sued like crazy.

19. Normalus

Normalus Member

Never understood how professional athlete can get drunk. Yeah, you still a person who can drink a beer or two with bros once a week or so during summer break. But get drunk during the time when you should practise and get better for season start to fight for starting spot?

It's like you may get promotion at working place, and there is a vocation for this. Then you got drunk in public instead of working extra miles to get that reward and promotion.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Age 21, out with his boys & trying to show off. Extremely stupid but geez there's a lot of holier than thou posters on this site.

He'll get sued & learn his lesson, but there are far worse things are happening in the world everyday. You know Morey, Jones was probably on his way out anyway.