1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive's_gf, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That 3pt shot Terence made in the playoffs against Dallas was fun.

[​IMG]

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, yeah and Morey evaluated Jones to not be worth a QO.....so maybe he doesn't think that differently about your cousin than I do.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I did not see much narrative about Jones defending the rim.

He was a nice help shot blocker, which relied heavily on Dwight's production.

Once Dwight fell off, everything fell off

Nice development on the defensive end for Dmo but it is not like it will win many games.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's another one of those narratives that have since been dropped but for a few years people would say that Jones defended the rim well and if anyone disagreed they'd post a video of him blocking a shot as "evidence".

I do agree about Dwight, once he fell off, it brought down the defense of the whole team.

When you say that it won't "win many games", maybe not, but it won't "lose many games" which really bad defense can do. The Rockets lost games last season specifically because of how bad guys like Jones and Beasley were on defense. If you replaced them with better defenders (though not saying much) in DMo and Harrell then you likely win at least a handful more games last season, probably more. If you had Dwight playing like the Dwight Howard we're used to then the same team could have been in the hunt for home court in the playoffs.

5. dmoneybangbang

Lol. Yea I bet Morey was saying TJones had no potential and no basketball skills back in 2013 like apparently you did.

I wouldn't offer the Jones the QO but that's not the point.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

At one point he had athleticism that made him decent enough to justify drafting him and there was a chance that he wasn't a total moron and that he'd develop his game some. When it became clear that he wasn't bright enough or didn't have the work ethic to develop any part of his game, it was clear he wasn't going to amount to anything all that valuable. I wasn't saying that Jones would be bad from the day he was drafted, in fact I liked his potential because at the time I assumed he'd get better.....he didn't.

7. dmoneybangbang

You should probably not use hyperboles when you "evaluate" and not say someone whose production mirrors that of a NBA role player has no basketball skills. There was no reason to evaluate Jones the way you did before his injury.

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Can't wait for his 30 for 30

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL I didn't use hyperbole. Jones is not good at anything, he just had athleticism going for him at one point. I know he's your cousin or whatever and that's preventing you from seeing the obvious so let's just end it here kiddo. I wouldn't want you to have to think ill of your family member like that if you ever saw the light.

10. dmoneybangbang

Yea... you don't seem to know what a hyperbole is...

Yawn.... What else ya got? Certainly not other metrics to support your evaluation.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

An accurate statement isn't hyperbole......and it's pretty obvious that the reason you keep ducking the question about your relationship to the player is because you know it'll establish why you have no credibility on the subject. I don't know that he's your cousin, but there's gotta be some kind of relationship there because you are going out of your way to make excuses for him like some kind of crazy Lin fan would.

12. alethios

alethios Member

[​IMG]

13. dmoneybangbang

A player with no skill and not good at anything wouldn't be able produce what TJones produced. No one is making you choose words that don't corroborate with his actual production.

I have ducked nothing as I explained my position multiple times. You just can't put forth anything besides opposing fg% so you have to deflect and put words in my mouth. A trademark of a weak evaluator.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And yet....we saw it happen. If you seem to think Terrence Jones has any basketball skills, by all means, what are they? The only thing I've ever seen from him is athleticism which he no longer has. He's a terrible defender, he can't shoot, he can't consistently even make layups, he's not a good rebounder, he has no post game, he has no face to the basket game, he's not a consistent shot creator, he's not a good passer. What skills do you think he has?

You've absolutely ducked the question about your relationship to Jones, and you continue to duck it.

15. dmoneybangbang

You are right... It was merely a fluke he produced 12pts and grabbed 7 rebounds with a TS of 57%.... A flukey oasis... Because the NBA is tripping over itself with players that do that in their first full NBA season.

I haven't, you just don't have good reading comprehension or merely just don't read what I type.

I've stated my position multiple times, you just keep trying to put words in my mouth since you are a weak evaluator.

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Hahahahaha :grin:

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL yes, the person that's STILL pulling for the scrub is telling me that I'm a weak evaluatorbecause I accurately called it a few years ago and you still don't get it.

Brilliant.

18. dmoneybangbang

I guess that's why you couldn't reply to the first half of my post....? How convenient....

Where have I claimed Jones is some awesome player who deserves more than the QO? Please show me.

I am just proving to you and CF how you are broken clock who merely got lucky. Had you waited until TJones came back from nerve injury to open your mouth folks wouldn't think you are troll.

Morey, an actual paid talent evaluator, wouldn't evaluate a player like you did after his sophomore season as something of a flukey, oasis.

Brilliant.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I told you before that I'm not going to keep proving you wrong because I sympathize with your situation. You don't want to think ill of your family member so you'll defend Jones to the death. Given that, I'm not wasting any more time on you, I feel like you've embarrassed yourself enough.

Have a good day kiddo.

20. dmoneybangbang

I understand TJones stomped a family member of yours in Portland but Morey, an actual evaluator, would never call a sophomore player no skilled or garbage like you did. Take care and keep trying! You will turn a corner eventually...