1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive's_gf, Jul 14, 2016.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

thanks jones for all those camera flexes after making a simple layup, while your man was on the other end about to make himself a layup. good times

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Terrence Jones has landed at least one offer richer than what New Orleans can pay, league sources say, but Pels still hopeful Jones says yes</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/753703806613852160">July 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Jones was so promising in his second year. :(

I wish him well. New Orleans has a lot of homeless people, right? :grin:

4. Remlap

Remlap Member

I wish no ill for TJ

Best of luck to him. Glad he got picked up.

Now the Pels can run plenty of 3 on 1's
    TJ vs 3 defenders that is . . . .

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Tjones finna clean up Bourbon St for them Nawlin folk.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What happened to Jones? How did he fall off so badly?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well he never had any real NBA talent, he was all athleticism and once that faded, he had nothing to fall back on. Now he's just a guy that can't shoot, can't play defense, has no post game, no face to the basket game, and doesn't have the athleticism to make up for those shortcomings.

8. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

I really liked his game as a rookie.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I kind of feel like Terrence failed us. He went from being good to being benched with injuries and car accidents in between. It wasn't long ago we were talking about having this guy develop and be an asset for several seasons. It's like he disappeared from the face of the Rockets. His stock fell pretty fast.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Another Morey asset he held onto too long. A couple years ago Jobes could have been the centerpiece of a competitive package for a really good player; or at least a mid-round pick. But we got nothing for him; just like Paraons, Dragic, Dwight, and potentially DMO. Yay!

11. dmoneybangbang

LOL. Now his athleticism faded. Much like Ryan Mallet? Amirite?

12. dmoneybangbang

Well to be fair we did try and move Dwight, TJones, and DMo (we know how that went). The overall excrement of the season made any trades during mid season a losing proposition as our overall value was low.

13. Aruba77

We could have traded Dwight at the deadline; we chose not to. We should have traded Jones over a year ago; it's been obvious that developing DMo and Jones at the same time wasn't working. Agreed on DMo; guess the back is really bad because his skill set it too good for his market to be this cold.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You keep bringing up Ryan Mallett and all I ever said about him was that he is better than Brian Hoyer.....which he is. In fact, I was very much against the Texans trading for Mallett.

Also the point about Jones' athleticism fading is just on obvious statement that any competent person could see with ease.

You aren't very good at this.

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

LMAO wut.

That guy was injured most of that year. Sweet revisionist history.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nothin much to appreciate here, he got a look from the Rox but Rox is a veteran team.

Wish him luck for the future.

17. Chamillionaire

Who's Terrance Jones?

18. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I think Jones will surprise many people either at the Pels or wherever he lands.
    He had the weirdest injuries which impacted his development for sure, which included last season.
    When you look at most of our team last season, they all underperformed. Jones is no exception.
    I would've re-signed him. But he's gone and good luck to him.
    (Caveat - I have no knowledge of what his impact was like in the locker room. If he was a cancer, then glad he's gone. But I've not heard any of that.)

19. Aruba77

The homeless population of New Orleans has been notified, and they are on high alert. Goodwill can't keep shin guards in stock.

#59 Aruba77, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So you think Kev Love thought Scola was a homeless when he was lying on the stomping grounds with his flying hair?