1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrell Owens could be headed to the ...

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by moestavern19, Jun 30, 2005.

1. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't I call this about 3 weeks ago moes?

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

WOA. Mark my words, it won't be Oakland. I think I have one testicle left, and I am willing to put this on the line. I read that MOSS article in Sports Illustrated a while back, and he was honest enough to say that Culpepper turned his back on him while Moss was trying to work things out... stopped going over to each other's house... etc.

Has McNabb turned his back on Owens indefinitely and that's why it is not a happy relationship anymore? It was great while it lasted... I think they can sort things out although I don't know what that last straw was... I agree with KingCheetah about the disaster waiting to be... Owens is gone from the Eagles, but not to Oakland... that will be BAD...

"that is a bad idea, mahn... a very-very-bad idea, man..."
    sincerely,[​IMG]

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

pairing randy moss and terrell owens???

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

;)

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Well the Eagles made it to the Super Bowl last year and won their final several games, including playoffs, without Owens so I think they can make it there again. The hump they must get over now is the Super Bowl and even though they made it there without Owens he was arguably their best player in the big game. I wanted Owens in Philly more than anybody last year but when he went on his latest rant I started questioning my own wants. I now realize I have gotten exactly what I asked for, a very talented player who cares nothing about the team aspect of the game and everything about himself and has to make a media spectacle out of just about everything. If the Eagles can pull off a trade for a younger wide receiver with the same or near the same talent level I will be happy. They made it to the big game without Owens now let's see if they can win it all without him too. :mad:

5. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

TO is a selfish idiot.

His act got old when my great-grandfather was in diapers.

6. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

I know Owens is good but that attitude scares me. Getting him would of course make us a sideshow, but what secondary wants to worry about Moss and Owens together. Talk about nightmares. Shanahan would crap his pants :D

I guess in the end I say no just because Porter is just coming into his own and has no character issues to deal with. But I wont be upset if this deal goes down.
    Al just wants to get back to winning.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Aren't most great grandfathers in diapers again? ;)

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I just read an article on ESPN.com that said Owens will likely remain an Eagle and probably miss the first two games of the season. It was a prediction, nothing concrete.

9. drapg

drapg Member

You leave Mariah alone! That's my woman. I'm gonna wham, bam, and slam the crazy right out of her one day. Just wait and see!

10. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Kerry Collins still is a stiff at QB. Unless he becomes a better QB, the Raiders can get TO, Moss, and Andre Johnson but it won't make a difference.

11. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Well I guess that settles it for the NFL team most likely to implode.....

Oakland would be a mess....

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I don't know about that... well, it Depends!

13. Toast

Toast Member

They don't need that kind of redundancy on their roster.

Unless Moss is part of the trade, I don't see it happening.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Uh, no.

Jeff ****in George was a pro-bowl QB in Minnesota with that offense.

Akili Smith could throw 30 TDs with that kind of offensive weapondry.

Yeah I agree with Scary, it would be fun to watch a Moss-Owens sideshow, but it would certainly end up in disaster. Let's just keep the good thing we have going.

15. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

The only thing Kerry Collins has ever done well was throw the deep ball. Al Davis could revive his vertical passing game plans.

I want to see a Moss/Owen receiver tandem. I'd love to see those two characters try to one-up each other.

16. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

BTW- THIS ISN'T HAPPENING

The GM said "No" period.

17. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Moss and Owens??? I did this once on Madden, it wasn't pretty.