1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Termine and Woj: D'Antoni top target for Indiana

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He’s gone. Not giving him an extension before the season started was the first obvious clue. He’s too old to tolerate that level of disrespect, the organization handled it very poorly. The problem is that they went ahead and built the team around his system without wrapping him up. There aren’t a lot of other coaches who would win like he has with this roster. It’s not an ideal situation to say the least.

s3ts and HP3 like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

You trade Russ then you need to trade James. That is his brother from another mother. Harden will be left fuming

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Get me Kenny Atkinson. Love Mike D, but if we can't do anything this year again, the ship has sailed. Harden/Westbrook only have X amount of time left.

4. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I'll take anyone that will allow a player to shoot an open mid-range shot. Give me Sam Cassell.

5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

He is a cheap ass for not including more shrimp on his dinner platters.

Invisible Fan and D-rock like this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If we get knocked out in the first round MDA should be gone .

we have to try to get JVG. Ideally you demote MDA and have him be offensive assistant lol .

If we get knocked out by lakers , well tbd

I’d like to see Morey coach too hahaha . Put your legacy on the line man . You know if we have a first round knockout this playoffs and do poorly again next year .. Tilman will prolly fire morey . Are GM contracts guaranteed?

why isn’t he training the team by playing ping pong with them? It trains quickness . Step up Murray

oh kelvin sampson might be the number 2 guy I’d want . They should pay Kevin Mchale to come by once a month and piss James off to help him stay locked in and make sure the ball isn’t getting sticky .

Idk how Calvin Murphy is with X’s and O’s But I’d like to see him get a look too . To be that small and ball that hard , you’ve gotta be ruthless . We need someone who can instill an attitude. Russ helps MDA in that aspect .

7. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

TF Jr. is ready to slide on in, he’s great at NBA 2K20

8. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Of the "known available" coaching names, Atkinson tops my list as well.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This makes some sense for Indy.

OIadipo, if healthy, has a superstar edge to him. Brogdon can shoot threes, if healthy. Turner and Sabonis have the ability to play inside out. Warren can shoot threes.

They were meh offensively, but good defensively.

But in reality, you know however they catch up offensively, they are likely to lose defensively. Still, in the East, should be able to get them out of the first round.

As for Rockets, I'll with-hold my thoughts until a move happens. I don't hate MDA, but for everything 2 things he seems to do well, he does 1 thing poorly that is too much for the team to overcome (short rotation, inability to install ACTUAL plays, bad at defense)

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

All your choices are scary as hell.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

A rested Harden is a game 1 & 2 Harden.

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Gotta gamble . Also I have no idea who else is out there . I just like those guys . Leadership is a lot about personality. Coach is a manager of egos , rest , and strategy . Gotta be solid . In this league he has to be aggressive . MDA doesn’t have the ability to get angry enough imo

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Definition of coveted

: earnestly wished for or sought after

Your word was "most coveted head coach". Not most coveted FA head coach. Not most coveted "available" coach or lame duck/final year of contract coach.
    It's not that difficult.
    If you said most coveted soon to be FA coach or lame duck coach then I couldn't disagree with that. You simply wrote "most coveted coach" and regardless of Nurse and Malone's availability...they are more coveted right now. As far as FA coaches or soon to be? Then yeah, that's all Dan Tony.

14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

15. foggy94

foggy94 Member

do you think seeing what Jeff Green has been able to do has given them a sense of urgency that a big like that is now their priority as their 3rd guy?

Nook likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I really want to know the reason behind 7 players or less playoff games. Even if the last two are -5 or -10 rating points behind the other guy, giving the other guys a break while the bench learns to play together against a team you potentially face for seven games is a good investment.

Warriors constantly made us look stupid when their scrubs like Livingston or Looney finally broke out in later games.

No one remembered the bbq chicken plays on them earlier in the series.

Instead it's like we're seeing some arcade fighting game bs where some kid cheeses jabs, low sweeps and fireballs to get some surprise wins but after a few rounds, his game is exposed for everyone to see.

Smart players with energy makes his system but that doesn't mean you can't make some of it back with experience. He played and gambled on Gerald Green for years because of that energy so I know it isn't an iron tight rule.

His idea of maintaining rythym is being ****ed up considering all players besides the all stars park cold behind the line then bust their asses on switch d and boards.

That seems like it's even better idea to open up the rotation rather than keeping the best defensive players in a stable and asking them to pull the entire wagon because you can't bear mistakes but are tolerant to errors from fatigue.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I’ll take Nate Macmillan

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Good riddens!! Small ball doesn’t work. Jacking up threes doesn’t work. No off ball movement doesn’t work. No ball movement doesn’t work.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Atkinson is a developmental coach. brings young guys along. builds a culture. not a good fit here. he would be great for the pelicans.

we need someone who excels at game management and player management. Morey has his offense (harden iso) and defense (switch everything) systems. a new coach only needs to worry about game preparation, in game adjustments, and keeping the guys motivated and happy.

ty lue is the best on the market at that. ran the iso heavy offense with lebron/kyrie, known for game management and adjustments. won a ring, managed superstars like lebron/kyrie. would be a great fit.

unfortunately he's probably going to the nets if they can't land pop. even then would tilman get into a bidding war for him with the Sixers? probably not.

I would look at the following names as realistic options:

1) Silas - DM liked him last time and since then he's been mentored by Carlisle.
    2) Kalamian
    3) Larranaga
    4) Griffin
    5) Stackhouse - would be higher on the list but I don't think tilman would pay enough for him to leave NCAA

#59 smoothie, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    Nook likes this.
  20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Go Hoosiers!