1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terminator 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Phreak3, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I know it would be hard to make a sequel that flopped as badly as Salvation did.. but with McG.. you never know:

http://screenrant.com/terminator-5-london-rob-12357/2/

“I strongly suspect the next movie is going to take place in a [pre-Judgment Day] 2011… John Connor is going to travel back in time and he’s going to have to galvanize the [sic] militaries of the world for an impending Skynet invasion. They’ve figured out time travel to the degree where they can send more than one naked entity. So you’re going to have hunter killers and transports and harvesters and everything arriving in our time and Connor fighting back with conventional military warfare, which I think is going to be f***ing awesome. I also think he’s going to meet a scientist that’s going to look a lot like present-day Robert Patrick [who famously played the T-1000 in Terminator 2], talking about stem-cell research and how we can all live as idealized, younger versions of ourselves.”

seriously, is McG getting these stories from his kids or what? this sounds r****ded...

2. TheBigAristotle

I still really wanna watch T4 again. Maybe tomorrow or the day after at a matinee price for a re-examination. I went into T4 having watched none of the previous three movies, so I was a little confused on what was going on lol.

Having watched the previous 3 (although T3 of course doesn't count) movies now, I want to re-examine T4 again. Because on it's own, I loved it just for the sheer "shoot em up, blow **** up" value but apparently that wasn't supposed to be the purpose of this movie, lol. I know everyone is waiting on my re-analysis, so I will try to get around to this ASAP.

3. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

no it really is a mess after so many sequels. alternate timelines can only be used so many times. so apparently they had the t-800 at the same time that they had the t-1000 and the t-x and all the things from salvation. it could be really interesting they just never take the effort to provide a good explanation which any good writing staff could do.

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Salvation flopped? I've heard it was pretty good and it's making some pretty big bucks at the box office.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Umm... Each T pretty much just crushes the previous T. So there is no need to watch any T. Do yourself a favor and pretend it ends at 2.

6. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

if you heard it was pretty good then you never saw it for yourself. a lot of teenagers must have washed a lot of dishes to see this movie. they work so hard to see quality cinema.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The reviews haven't been that good but it's already made a profit and in the end, that's all the studio cares about.

8. TheBigAristotle

Oh yeah, I forgot what I was going to say with regards to the early T5 plot line as "McG" puts it so far. I don't like the idea because you've used time travel ENOUGH, lol. It's time to actually explore the future where humanity either ends up truly doomed or victorious in the war against machines. Don't keep copping out on the "let's go back in time and fix this and this and this" plotline. I really hope it isn't the plot for T5, but considering this director is the same guy that has no vowels in his name and the same director from Charlies Angels - I do not hold out great hope.

9. dmc89

dmc89 Member

NO.

No more time travel stuff. If you think about it, Skynet should have sent a Terminator back to the 1800s to kill John Connor's maternal and paternal ancestors (that would be kind of cool though haha, colonial settlers fighting a machine from the 21st century) just to get the job done right/easily.

I want the future battle scenes as depicted by James Cameron. Shoot it with blue filter at night using an IMAX camera like Dark Knight. Lots of boomy explosions, skulls crushing, high metallic sounds, home theater orgasm in other words. Armies of Terminators (no newer/flashier models please, stick to the ones JC showed and increase the quantity x 1000 => remember one T-800 can be dealt with, but a thousand marching across a desolate LA carrying huge laser guns along with more giant robots? Terminator 5 baby!)

Bring back the original score/composer.

Plasma/laser rifles. This is the future, don't make into 'I Am Legend' with robots.

Make it R-rated. Lots of violence and gore - this a war damnit.

Focus on John Connor. Show why he deserves the kind of veneration that people in T4 give him. In T4, John Connor had a Kobe-like fake persona. Make him earn it.

It's a world-wide conflict too though, so if not showing John Connor in California, go to other places in the world like China or Russia. I want different environemnts too: an ice setting, a jungle/forest setting, but most of all, urban warfare.

Emphasize the horror element. There sci-fi action like Transformers where people go "ooh-aah-tight!" but then there's sci-fi horror like Alien. Shift this next movie closer to the latter.

Lastly, show us how the time travel machine is discovered and the limits of the technology so we know why Skynet only chose to send Terminators in 1985 and 1991.

T5 should like this:
    [​IMG]

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

For some reason this is one of the few "epic" storylines I pay attention to, maybe because it's so easy to follow. Always like the recurring theme of self-sacrifice at the end of each movie. The only thing that peeved me was the Terminator being melted by lava but surviving.

I guess it's nice that we now have an action star (Bale) who can also act, like in the old days.

11. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

What he said. ^^^

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Gotcha. Have not seen it yet but planned on it. I guess I will wait until the DVD.

Damn. I was at a point where I thought Christian Bale could not be in a bad movie :(

13. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Saw it yesterday.

As someone whose not the least bit impressed by 'action and 'effects' aspects of a movie - this one struggled to keep me interested as the actual storyline wasn't what i'd hoped.

Not even close actually.

14. shawn786

shawn786 Member

McG killed this franchise & its a damn shame

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

What an interesting followup movie(s) there could have been had
    Connor been killed in the end like McG initially intended; or at the very least he becomes a machine like Marcus

Instead we may get a rehashed timeline story that completely f***s up what remained of the Terminator canon after T3 and 4. And no, seeing Connor fight the machines with present day, conventional weapons would not be cool to see...hell we saw that in T4...I wanna see lasers...I wanna see the world Cameron envisioned.