1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by codell, Jun 30, 2003.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

Is anyone else as excited as I am about this movie? I have to admit that I usually don't get excited about movies or sequels. However, I have spend the last hour watching a whole bunch of clips from the movie and they really got me fired up. The chase scene is really amazing.

I like Nick Stahl in place of Ed Furlong. I like Clair Daines too. Not sure about the fem terminator though. However, in the previews, it seems to work.

Here is a link to the clips and trailers that I saw. http://movies.go.com/movies/T/terminator3_2000/index.html

So do yall think it will be as good, better, or worse than the previous two???

PS - In theaters Wednesday!!

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I read some early reviews. One said it lacks the "James Cameron" feel of the first two. Their still recommending it, however, because of the action scenes alone.

3. codell

Got any links? I was looking for some this morning. Movies.com will usually have one or two early reviews but they did not have anything when I looked.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I can understand that. The first 2 had that distinctive "Cameron feel", sort of a dark edge. I've heard the 3rd one doesn't have it, but hey...if it has Arnold, I'm seeing it. This role was made for him.

I've always liked Clair Daines as well. She's an interesting choice. Oddly enough, I've never been a fan of Linda Hamilton.

6. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I'm sure the action scenes will be great, but Arnold just seems to look a bit more aged in this one then the previous ones. And the dark edge of the first two made them great, and kinda made it more easy to buy into the machines taking over the world idea. Now it just seems like a bunch of cheesy one liners atleast from the trailers, and how many explosions they can fit on the big screen. And the female terminator would be cool, except that leg thing she does looks so cheesy, I'm just not too excited about the movie, but I'll definitely see if atleast just to talk about it with my friends.

I really liked the approach Cameron took in trying to give the Terminator emotion in the second movie and his attempt at understanding human feelings. While I'm as big a fan as any for some cool action scenes if there isn't any substance to justify the need for it, it just doesn't seem as meaningful. It was kinda the same way for me with the Matrix Reloaded. The fight scenes were very cool, but they seemed to serve very little point, other then to spend 10 minutes on how Hugo Weaving, and Keanu Reeves learned some Kung Fu. :D The fight scenes in the first movie seemed more meaningful because they only fought as a last resort, now it seems anyone can fight the agents toe to toe with them and do alright. At any rate, I love both trilogies, and have been pleased with both of them. I just don't expect too much from the third one is all.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I'm watching the 12:00 am show Tueday night. :cool:

Anyone know why Cameron refused to do the T3?

8. codell

http://actionadventure.about.com/cs/weeklystories/a/aa040703_3.htm

Question: Why didn’t you want to do Terminator 3?

Cameron: Basically because I had told the story. To make Terminator 3 was to make a 3. Was to just do a film for the sake of the commerce. Quite honestly, with all the other above the line players, it wasn’t that attractive a deal. I’m being totally honest here. I could make a lot more money off of any other film that I made. Now, if I had a story that I felt passionate about telling, I wouldn’t have considered that. But I didn’t. I would have been doing it for the sake of doing the third Terminator. The only compelling reason for me to have done that film was a sense of pride of authorship. “Well, dammit, I did the first one and I did the second one and it’s my creation and I should do the third one.” But ultimately, that’s a stupid reason to spend a year, year and a half of your life in hell to make a big movie. I’d rather spend a year of my life in hell to make something new, which is what I will be doing.

9. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

I got passes tonight 730 advanced screening here in Austin. :p

10. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

We expect a full report and if there are spoilers in your review they must be addressed as such in BOLD CAPS thusly... SPOILERS!!! followed by ridiculous amounts of blank space.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

It's a fine line for T3. In a lot of ways sequels and spinoffs can revive a franchise. Other times it just kills them like Friday 13th. It really depends on the quality of the director. You have to wonder what's going to happen to the Matrix movies. Surely there will 4,5,and 6. You just pray that they don't go to all hell.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

"Rise of the Machines"

Could they be trying to capitalize on the popularity of another Si-fi film????

13. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

UMMM YES!!!

See my sig!!!

Tuesday night (sneak preview) I am soooo there, I've been waiting 12yrs for this. :D :D :D

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Reviews have been pretty solid thus far. The only remotely negative one I've read complained that the film was too comedic, with the exception of the last 10 minutes which are reportedly dark and serious.

I love the first two Terminator films and even though I don't think there's any hope of Jonathan Mostow matching Cameron's efforts, I'll still be there Tuesday night.

15. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I've been excited about this one for a long time. I think T-2 is one of the best action movies ever made. As much as I'm looking forward to T-3, I realize that the film is being made in the new age of movie making technology. In Judgement Day there were a lot of good stunts, good script/characters, everything flowed well etc. However, I believe the third one will suffer the same fate of most sequels these days in that it's too over the top with too many stunts that make you leave feeling dissapointed. I'm gonna see it as soon as possible, but I'm prepared for a subpar movie.

16. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Kristanna Loken is f***in hot! It will be wierd seein a woman as a terminator though.

#16 rockets-#1, Jun 30, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2003
  17. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

uhhh i got rejected from the screening. i came in late after work. 30 people away from getting in. I HATE ME!!!

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

19. HaYnBoi

HaYnBoi Member

Just got back from the movie.

Action scenes were great but the feel of the movie is nothing like T2. It's a little lighter.

Connor is different now he keeps to himself more.

Kristanna Loken remains hot throughout the movie. :)

***************SPOILERS***************
    ***************SPOILERS****************

Skynet does not have a main hub that can be shut down it, it's a software program that can't be shut off.

Kate Brewster is going to be Connor's wife in the future. And their kids will play a vital role in the future.

Judgement Day was only postponed in T2 , it was always meant to happen, Connor's destiny was not to stop it but to lead the rebelion agasint the machines in the future.

At the end of T3 , Judgement Day occurs and Connor and Kate are in a military safe house in the mountains almost assuring the audience that there will be a sequel.

#19 HaYnBoi, Jul 2, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2003