1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tennis, Wimbledon

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rocketsjudoka, Jul 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lets go Zheng Jie!

Lets hear it for the little gal!

2. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I guess no tennis fans here.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Go Schuettler!

Only chance for him to win is if Nadal twists his ankle and has to give up. Nadal might actually beat Federer in the final this year.

4. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

post a pic and i'll cheer for her too :cool:

5. FROSTEEiCE

FROSTEEiCE Contributing Member

i dunno if its just me but Zheng Jie is a cutie. its too bad she lost :(

6. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

i just googled her picture and no, she is not cute. not even slightly, barely, or remotely in the vicinity.

7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I'll be up early to watch safin-federer. I'm rooting for safin so I sure hope the badass one shows up. Even if Safin wins I think he would have a let down against Nadal. :(

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Just so that everyone can judge for themselves... (feel free to caption the first one, too...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

she ain't cute.. never has been. I was rooting for her, though.. first female wildcard to advance to the semis at Wimbledon. And first female Chinese player to advance to the semis in any Grand Slam. Too bad.

All Williams finals is fun in its own right.. but I don't like either of them. It's gonna be a grunt-fest.

10. BiGGieStuFF

She's not cute but she's not hideously ugly either. With some make-up she could pull off a Lucy Liu and would look cute enough at a dark club :D. She has some nice boobage for an asian woman though. Legs are Michael Chang-ish though.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's been Nadal followed by daylight so far. I don't think Federer has much of a chance in the final. Safin and Schuettler are probably hoping not to lose with a bagel to their name in the semis.

12. jli

jli Member

Lucy Liu is cute ? Give me a break !

13. BiGGieStuFF

did you see the part about "cute enough at a dark club"?? :D Throw in a few brewskies to help the cause of little willy.

14. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

WOW, Federer, the guy that has won the LAST 5 WIMBLEDONS IN A ROW, doesn't have a chance in the final?

His game is made for grass. I am pretty sure he has MORE than a chance. He does have the tougher semi match against a resurgent Safin though. Well, you never know which Safin will show up....the solid and often spectacular Safin, or the headcase.

15. BiGGieStuFF

Yeah Fed has more than a chance but people are still grimacing over Fed's performance in the French Open final where he got bageled in the last set. The fact that he barely won Wimbledon last year against Nadal and the beating he took at the French at the hands of Nadal are fresh in people's mind. I think he'll be fine but it's tough not to let that play in your head if the two do meet.

Nadal at this point is closer to winning wimbledon than Fed is to winning the French.

16. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Now THAT I agree with....

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I think she's pretty cute and those pictures don't do her justice.

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

then again, you started the idea

19. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

You're right, Lucy Liu is not cute, she's effin hot.Forget about Rashida whateva and Jenna something something from the office.

Now this Zheng chick is no Lucy Liu.

Time for some Ana Ivanovic pics please!

20. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Chick aint ugly. She just aint the choicest of morsels. And Lucy Liu is hot.

Anyone who doesn't think Federer will win, or has a chance of doing so, needs to admit their saying so is only done as a contrarian.

Making a point based on Wimbledon compared to the French Open comes from someone who has never actually played tennis and needs to realize the maaaaassive difference between the two surfaces. That kind of difference makes any kind of point about Nadal being closer to a Wimbledon blah blah blah useless.

Federer will win. Nadal is a hell of a player. So was Agassi but he still had Sampras living on planet Earth with him.

Are jorts as cool as man capris?