1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tell me I am wrong

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, May 9, 2019.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You are right. If the Rockets are a team supposedly full of dogs, some of our players play like chihuahuas rather than pitbulls (looking at you CC).

Ron Ron would b****slap Capela if he were playing with this group. Come to think we are missing an enforcer. Thicc is tough, but too nice.

lw17, Zboy and napalm06 like this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You are wrong.

coachbadlee and HP3 like this.
  3. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

The Rockets team does have a poor track record of handling pressure situation. However, if Durant is not injured, we have an even lower possibility of winning Game 6 and the series.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

IF we were saying it because of Paul's injury ... then they get to say it because of Durant. At the end of the day I dont care , also we would still have multiple rounds to play and win for us to be the champs.

Frankly, Curry or klay could get hot and make it so that even though we are better that we lose a game. Oh well , shouldn't have blown the last one.

IMO if we don't get past them it IS a failure.

No excuses .

CP3 has to play better
    Clint has to play better
    James even can play better ( he's that good ... legitimately the best player in the game)

Being favored is a sign of respect. Do you think that the nuggets or POR would be favored in the exact same situation ?

We have to earn that respect.

Obviously I want to beat them at full strength. But you play the hand you are dealt

joshuaao, smp, cdxiong and 2 others like this.
  5. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

This all comes down to whether MDA game plans correctly. Now is the time to double team and trap Curry because you know damn well he’s going to be really aggressive with Durant is out. Tucker no longer has to guard Durrant so you put him on the next best player. Perhaps Thompson, then you double Curry and force everyone else on their team to beat you. Oh, and you play Nene significant minutes, and if Faried can play you put him on Draymon Green. Force Green to guard someone that can score instead of hanging out in the paint to clog up the middle. That’s it. If MDA doesn’t make any changes then we’ll lose.

Rivaldo2181 likes this.
  6. Game7

Game7 Member

Did not read. Love ya Zboy. You are wrong. There. Are you happy?

joshuaao and HP3 like this.
  7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This is the best chance we have had at a title in years. I love where we are right now. Houston is winning tomorrow

8. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

I can't help but agree because this is the exact feeling I've been having, but I really REALLY hope I'm wrong. Maybe we'll see a side of Harden we've never seen before. This is our chance.

Zboy likes this.
  9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

This post really speaks to me.

Hakeemtheking and Zboy like this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Zoplicone likes this.
  11. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

If we win, we have to win in blowout fashions. I don't trust this team's decision making in the final minutes. MDA doesn't run any plays and Harden/CP3 are just as clueless as MDA. It's painful to watch. If it comes down to that, i will turn off the TV for my own health. I think people here should do the same.

lw17 and Zboy like this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

They’re going to **** the bed tomorrow. Harden, tucker, rivers , Gordon and nene are the only ones that came to play

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

F**k Oakland. F**k their team. The Rockets won’t wallow in self-pity and the bottomless pit of self-defeat. The fans must do the same. The Worriers are worrying right now. They should be worried. Our Rockets will beat them and beat them again. It is written.

lw17 and durvasa like this.
  14. csc177

csc177 Member

This has the making of an elimination: flooded Houston streets, heavy ran, no crowd support, no Durant - but the splash brothers show out and play big. Plus Paul Pierce picked is to win series to there’s that

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You are not right.

16. vick

vick Member

Rockets have to beat the Warriors. If not July will have Morey involved in about 10 possible trade rumor's. So win or many, many, rumor's like Melo, Butler, etc. If Rockets can't beat the Warriors, I am done with NBA until the next season starts.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Are we revisiting That Game or are we going to the next round?

I wish I felt better about it...

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This is why losing game 5 hurt so much. That was kind of a litmus test of the Rockets resolve.

I don't want to get too down on the Rockets chances, but I'm certainly not expecting them to win given the track record of the people involved. Part of me wants to say they've got this given how close the games have been even with KD playing at a high level, but low expectations are probably a good idea.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

I see. This is what “I don’t know. Every game is different. We figure it out what’s working during the game” do to you.

You just never know what the beep will happen with this team.

Thank god we have a defensive coordinator that is at least consistent.

Why the fxxk we keep doing this shiat for so long. First milk hair “we keep opponent guessing coz we don’t even know what we are doing” now this “you gotta apply ball pressure, ball pressure”

Run a fxxking play and call a fxxking time out for once.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I won't go the extreme to be a vegan. I'll just be a vegetarian.