1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tell me how we're going to defend the Jazz

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Apr 11, 2019.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

It's possible that they caught us in a game or two in the series, but I feel they probably have one only one way to beat us (that is they have to play amazing on both ends of the floor), while we have multiple ways to beat them.

We had a glimpse of what they could do successfully in the 3rd quarter against us last night. They will need to pack the paint, be extra vigilant on our passes (like where and when) to force some turnovers and get easy buckets on the other end. They also have to rattle us to keep us on our heels so we don't execute any more on defense and offense. All of these have to happen for them to win. A pretty tall order.

Coach said one important thing is that Utah just does not have enough firepower to give us that kind of pressure all game long.

Now, the warriors is a different story.

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Went much as I predicted. Mitchell didn't go for big points though as he deferred a lot. I expect him to be more agressive as the series continues....but that takes away from opportunities of others. Still gets them to around 88 points as I stated.

Harden countered the man guarding his left hip by dribble towards the defender and instead of step "BACK" he did a step "SIDE" three point attempt. Truely un guardable. The floater was there all game as I expected.

Tip of the hat to D'Antoni for adding more off ball screens.

3. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Can you run a 5 center lineup? Maybe Thon Maker needs to be PG.

D-rock likes this.
  4. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

I’d be horribly disappointed if they got even one game. Much less two.

D-rock likes this.
  5. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Did he say this?

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

Nah, Qi is the Durant stopper according to him.

Actually excuse me, WAS*.

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

My mistake... 'holic was saying that Qi is to be used to defend Durant... not the Jazz... and Qi has potential to be defensive player of the year...

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...nd-of-the-season.285427/page-10#post-11355480

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/replacing-clint-capela.291391/page-5#post-11802622

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/zhou-qi.290664/page-11#post-11944297

#187 lnchan, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    LorneMalvo likes this.
  8. Nero

Nero Member

facepalm cringe

Man..

This guy 'basketballholic' is like a walking billboard for those people who say that you should really be careful what you put on the internet, because that stuff stays there *forever*..

Although, I think I finally understand something: think about it.. what is an alcoholic? A person who, as soon as any alcohol passes their lips, lose their minds, lose all rationality, black out and wake up half naked in an alley somewhere.

Pretty sure it's the same with a 'basketball 'hollic''.. as soon as he gets anywhere basketball, he loses his mind and all rationality, and no doubt also blacks out and ends up half naked in a locker room somewhere.

Explains a lot really..

Air Canada, FLASH21 and Voltik like this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Easier to defend the Jazz than your whack takes

Air Canada and Downtown Sniper like this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

To not defend like how your Beloved Rubio guarded our MVP last game. Literally no resistance whatsoever with that type of defense.

11. basketballholic

How would you defend the Jazz?

12. basketballholic

That's about their defense. This thread is about our defense against them.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I believe he was also once known under the handle of JC Denton on Clutchfans.

Which certainly would explain A LOT more.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No, that's another guy.

No matter my disagreements with @basketballholic regarding the Rockets this year, he'll forever be in my good graces since we were both early co-members of the Chuck Hayes fan club.

basketballholic likes this.
  15. basketballholic

Likewise, I respect you much. You used to do a lot of graphing for us here. I appreciated the work and the analysis. Always good conversing with you...even in disagreement. WIshed it was that way with everybody.

BigShasta likes this.
  16. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I guess the Rockets answered your question Sunday.

D-rock likes this.
  17. basketballholic

Somewhat.

This series may be an easy series if the Jazz coaches don't figure it out. I consider them to be good coaches. I'd think they're going to adjust their rotations to feed us more double big minutes. But if they don't...then it may be an easy series. And it may show their incompetence. In my opinion, there's no way they can look at game 1 and not see how they fared with two bigs in there and see their offensive advantages against our lack of size/length.

I still think this series could swing to them and they could possibly upset us. I don't think it will happen. But I'm not writing them off...yet. You guys have all bought the hot sauce the main stream media has fed you. You think we are as good or better than last year. We aint.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Ok, maybe I'm confusing him with someone else that was banned and reverted once he got back in Clutch's graces.

19. marky :)

marky :) Member

His old account was: jopatmc
    Wasn't banned though in his defense.

20. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

"Qi should be in the rotation, playing backup minutes, and ready to supplant Capela in the starting lineup. His 3-ball release is getting quicker simultaneous with increased accuracy. The combination of that 3-ball, his ability ro handle the rock a bit and finish with it, and his extreme length and defensive quickness and switchability is ideal for our system.

I can easily see a closing lineup of cp3, Harden, PJ, Melo, and Zhou with Gordon spicing it up, sliding in to spell those guys in the 4th. And I really believe Gordon and Capela are prime trade bait for another superstar at the 3 at the deadline with Zhou/Melo rounding out our top 6.

I only hope we don't trade Zhou unless it's a king's ransom type trade as part of a package for a guy like Portzingis."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BigMaloe likes this.