1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Television] Mad Men

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OlajuwonFan81, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Who cares? Why are we debating about an 8 year old. You've got a set full of goozers, and we're spending 20min an episode on some little punk. Like that girl from the photograph in the wallet, where the hell is she? She had a set of goozers I can appreciate.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

masturbated on the coach in front of her friend...well, her friend was sleeping I suppose.

3. gah

gah Member

The new guy is either the killer (don't like the idea of that) or he just ****ed it up big time with that second shoe idea.

I forgot about that masturbation part (which was precocious and would have worried me) and were those anything more than sleeping pills?

All I am saying is that up until this point she has done great for her situation. For all we know she could have been doing drugs and having sex with creepy Ben on their secret place, they had a healthy friendship instead. And for what is worth, her Psychologist found nothing wrong with her but she did expose her mother for the child she is.

In another train of ideas, has anybody consciously stopped to think that Peggy has been doable for quite a while, I wouldn't have touched her with a 10 foot pole at the beguining of the series, the point I'm trying to make is that it kinda takes a while to take girls like her off the would-not-hit list. And Mr. Stardust, if all you want to watch is breast go watch p*rn instead of a tv drama. And to call them goozers? Smh.

Judging by the trailer, next episode will shake things up.

4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

no joke, that kid freaked me out. ugh :shivers:

5. heypartner

The killer is Richard Speck. And murdered the nurses in Chicago. Mad Men uses real events of the '60s in their stories.

I agree about Sally. I like her character mainly because she's an excellent little actress. But we could with a little less of her.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

She is a good actress, I'll give her that. But kids just aren't entertaining in general.

7. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I miss creepy Ben.

I think Meghan would do anything for Don, including cover up a murder.

8. gah

gah Member

Yep, forgot to clear the air with google. It was just my worst fear.
    like when Don was strangling that woman, the thought of them ruining the series with something like that made me uncomfortable, I was already in denial while watching that.

9. gah

gah Member

Do you think it could work? Scratch this if that's what really happened but I'm not sure I give them more than a season together. Which leads me to think on how to interpret the dream: A) Either means Don's not quitting on being the Don or B) Him killing her in the dream means he is done fooling around. I'll go with A atm. You could go with C) Neither, that's just bull****.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I think it's B, Don is killing his past. He's learned from the mistakes he made with Betty, fever induced dream was just a visualization of that.

11. heypartner

I agree with B. It's as much about Anna Draper dying as Don getting remarried. It is a bigger challenge for the writers to create a Don who kills his past. It would be too easy if he remains a philanderer.

But the big questions now are all about Joan.

12. gah

gah Member

Roger that, we'll see what happens.

13. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I wouldn't be disappointed with any of those directions but there would be a lot of fertile ground in developing C.

14. heypartner

What would 'C' mean? Less focus entirely on his relationships?

Whatever happens, I'd like to see more of the Mad Men at work creating ads for clients. There seems to be some friction with the new boy. One of my favorite Season 4 episodes was "The Chrysanthemum and the Sword" when they did the Honda account competition.

Get back to work, Don!!

15. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Yeah, once you know about the Speck thing you see how it framed a lot of the episode.

1 person likes this.
  16. yo

yo Contributing Member

Awesome episode. John Slattery needs to direct more.

17. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Great episode. Campbell is possibly the most ****ed up person in that office.

"Cooler heads should prevail, but am I the only one who actually wants to see this?" haha

1 person likes this.
  18. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Completely agree.....probably the best episode of the season so far. This is the type of quality program i expect from Mad Men.

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Have to agree, it was a classic for sure!

20. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Fantastic episode. never expected it to turn out into what it turned out to be. funny as hell!