1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Televised NFL Games...

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by countingcrow, Oct 4, 2003.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Noon (CST)

CBS: Tennessee Titans @ New England Patriots
    FOX: Arizona Cardinals @ Dallas Cowboys

3pm (CST)

FOX: Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles

Am I the only person here who is a little pissed off that CBS is going to show the Titans/Patriots in Houston instead of the Broncos/Chiefs?

Why?

Is it because the Titans were formerly the Oilers?

Big F*cking Deal!

While it may be a good game to watch, the Broncos/Chiefs is the marquee game this weekend.

And don't even get me started on the damn Dallas Cowboys games always being televised...it's really getting ridiculous.

I can't wait until Sunday Ticket is available on Time Warner...if it ever will be!

2. drapg

drapg Member

Titans are on TV in Houston?

SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in ****ing heaven!

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Sunday Ticket is the shizznit. And it will never be available on Time Warner.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ugh. You can't root for both. Pick one.

5. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

My favorite team is the Chiefs, and I'm getting screwed over on the television part because I don't have the money for Season Ticket or whatever. Seems the only Chiefs games I'll be able to see this season are night games and that game against the Texans. Even when the Texans have an offweek I get screwed over by alot of Houstonians liking the Titans.

Two undefeated teams or two average to above average teams, which would you rather watch?

Screw you CBS.

By the way, on 610 I heard them talking to someone at CBS and he had no clue which game really would be seen.

6. drapg

drapg Member

Actually I can.

But if I had to choose, well GO TITANS!

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Sure, you can. But that's like going for A&M and UT.

If you can live with yourself, then good for you.

8. drapg

drapg Member

That's just ludicrous.

Titans and Texans fans have no where near the same animosity nor rivalry as Texas and A&M fans.

9. Preston27

RAIDER POWER! HOOK'EM HORNS! GO AGGIES!

I can't see it.:)

By the way, choice 1 for me.

10. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Its really pretty simple....

go to hooters.
    drink a beer.
    eat some wings.
    see some boobs.
    watch the chiefs/broncos game.

11. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Probably better that you can't see the smackdown the Broncos are gonna lay on the Chiefs. ;)

Seriously though, I think both of these teams are overrated. Everyone rips the Broncos for not playing anyone (apparently the reigning AFC Champions don't count as a real team) but who have the Chiefs played?!? Neither team's defense is as good as teh numbers say.

However, next year, both teams could be scary.

12. Preston27

Both teams are scary THIS year. Just because they haven't played anyone great doesn't mean they won't play anyone good. I predict 12-14 wins for my Chiefs this year, you can quote that.

13. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Neither team has a defense worthy of winning anything important. And relying on Trent Green or Jake Plummer? Not a good idea. Both teams will be around 10-6 and get killed by a real team in the playoffs (Colts, Titans, etc.).

BTW, congrats on the win. I wasn't able to watch the game (damn work), but it sounds like the Chiefs just outplayed us.

14. Preston27

KC's defense is much improved this year.

Also, why the hell do people punt to Dante Hall? He's freaking amazing.

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

The Chiefs defense showed today that they can come up big when it is most important. Those last two drives by Denver were shut down by the defense. Right now the Chiefs are the best team in the NFL.

And having an all-pro QB is not that important in winning a super bowl. Green and Plummer would just have to be smart and not turn the ball over. Both of these teams are better than the Colts and Titans imo.