1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teen killed in Bellaire Pizzeria

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Feb 23, 2016.

1. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

You do realize that you never provide evidence to support your side of the argument either right?

The problem is both, you might have a nice chicken and egg discussion about which came first but the answer is both cultural and socioeconomic. The longer it lasts the more cultural it will become which completes the cycle.

The first step towards sobriety is to admit there is a problem.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lou,

I didn't write that, the embedded post caused something to merge my video and Honey Bear's response.

I even got a message about that embed causing issues. My apologies.

3. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

Vernon Maxwell is a very bad example. And what about Kat Williams and Suge Knight?

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol! The mystical and mysterious "Black" Culture strikes again! Not sure what gang culture has to do with black culture. As a black person I'm very unawares of this culture myself.

We have the usual suspects as well!

Jcee, a clutchfans visitor directly from Stormfront. A guy who bragged that white slave masters would rape their female slaves and is proud to admit that he thinks white people are superior to all...despite always being tricked over and over and over again by the sneaky and tricky Jew...and apparently white people are going extinct.

and

Honeybear, a guy who used to troll the Hangout forums with his sexual escapades. People grew tired of it so now he's playing the role of a xenophobic racist just to get the attention he's so desperate for. Sometimes he would sneak into the basketball forums to make racist comments towards Jeremy Lin because he knew it'd get a rise out of a large portion of Clutchfans.

It's best to laugh at both of them unless you are bored I guess.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok cool - whew. I was really shocked tinny to see that and I thought - there's no way this guy could have posted that - didn't make sense and am so glad you didn't post that.

6. Nook

Nook Member

This is awesome and I am not sure why.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's pretty common knowledge that the poorer an area is the more likely there will be crime. Just look around the world and look through history.

When people say "Black" culture is the problem what you are really doing is saying that all black people are somehow responsible for this man's actions. You want to say it is a cultural problem, fine. Go to the area this man grew up in, look there first. Blame the AREA and you may have a point.

What some are doing is what any one can do. In fact I'll do it right now. Dylan Roof was a cultural problem. The fact that he decided to shoot up a black church is an issue with WHITE culture and shows the apparent racist ideas that white culture engages in and accepts.

You see how easy it is to do that? This man attached himself to gang culture, not black culture. There is not one all encompassing "Black" culture that spans the nation. Roof attached himself to the ideas of white nationalist. It makes no sense to then just blame 'White' culture.

You must ask yourself this, what is "Black" culture. What is the music of black culture, what are the ideals of this culture, the events, etc etc...

Then ask yourself this question for EVERY other race. "Asian" culture, "White" culture and so on and so on, then you realize how silly this idea is.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Yes, you should admit your problem now - if the below doesn't affect your thinking, you can just admit you are a racist ok?

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/badcomm.htm

9. tinman

Supporting Member

10. tinman

Supporting Member

I think the issue is Houston zoning, you don't have to drive far from Bellaire to hit the hood.

Growing up, my Fondren Southwest friends moved to neighborhoods where the property value wasn't declining because of projects built nearby their neighborhood.

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

WOW. Sister is guilty of some sort of crime for buying a gun for someone else... even a criminal. She's aware of this and spoke too much, now she's for sure to be involved. Good thing she's admitting these things. Judges will be accepting her admitting to those facts, now can't take them back. :eek:

Channel 13 news should update their report. Lots more is known after their late news and this article should reflect those new findings.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It shall prove interesting.
    What will be the lesson learned?
    If they throw the book at her . . . people will learn to ride that **** out and deny to the end.
    If they light hand her . .. . maybe more people will think about reporting the criminal

Rocket River

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I agree she did the wrong thing. But she didn't have to turn him in and incriminate herself either. Given that she could have kept silent and protected both him and herself - I hope they don't give her prison time.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

She subverted the laws all of the liberals here always say aren't enough and call me crazy when I say they are. It resulted in a freaking murder, yet no you hope for no prison time. Your logic is REALLY poor. Again.

15. Bandwagoner

She sold him a gun for money. She turned him in for money. She didn't think as deeply about it as you did. She is a fool who operates in her own self interests.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

"Keep silent"? :confused: "Protected"? She's guilty.

She's accepting her guilt, man. The judge will decide what that will help and I hope he's lenient but at the same time lets her and all of us know it was a bad thing.

Why not say when you've done something wrong? Why is that backwards thinking so popular? SAY things. DENOUNCE things. Come on, now, it's not that difficult. Less people would be committing crimes or doing things like she did if she comes out and urges everyone to do the good thing.

:( We can't let people get away with things like that.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Fine with her owning up and facing the music. I just hope she got a lawyer first.

18. Bandwagoner

I hope she gets the maximum punishment and people realize that these things are against the law and result in severe punishments. Then possibly reduce murders.

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I agree - people shouldn't paint with such a broad brush, especially highlighting this one guy as evidence.

...but I think you have to be honest with things to say that certain segments of black culture could stand improvement. The single moms, lack of focus on education, drugs, etc lead to a tragic cycle of crime and imprisonment. Certain segments, not "all things black".

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You know what the one word is that negates everything you said before it?