1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teddy Bridgewater

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Old Man Rock, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remii

Remii Member

Just because some don't think that Teddy shouldn't be drafted with the #1 overall pick doesn't mean they are naysayers. Some of us just have a difference of opinion on what the Texans should do with the #1 pick.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Exactly it's everyone's opinion. Yet everyone keeps attacking each other as if they're defending for or against their mother.

Some people think he is worth a top overall pick others don't, we should be able to leave it at that without bad mouthing each other the way the last Teddy thread ended.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Boom. head shot.

So basically there are some on here that want to draft a Louisville QB with a worse QB rating than Brian Brohm and Stefan Lefors. Amazing logic, gentlemen. I guess if we see another 200 gifs and youtube vids of Ted carving up AAC defenses it will come true.

4. Remii

Remii Member

This...

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Those Tech Qbs and Houston Qbs put up huge numbers, that doesnt make them better than Andrew Luck who put up less numbers

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Non sequitur. They aren't comparing Tech QB's to Louisville QB's or Tech QB's to Stanford QB's, they are comparing Louisville QB's to Louisville QB's.

7. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

So we are comparing qbs who happened to play for the same school under different coaches and different passing systems...whole lotta being applied here lol

I guess being a bridgewater i could compare him to johnny unitas then, both were louisville qbs and both have 5 syallable names, i guess they match.

8. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Tell me why Jason White who was a heisman winner didnt have a career in the NFL while Sam Bradford did. Similar stats and same team.

Debunked

#sit

9. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Irregardless the comparisons are asinine and foolish at best

10. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i didnt watch any of those qbs play so im not gonna sit here, look at the numbers and act like they tell the entire story but what we can see is that brohm never came close to teddys peak qb rating. brohm played a year in c-usa and only threw for 1000 more yards than teddy with an extra year. even with teddys poor qb rating his first year the difference in their avg is miniscule. bridgewater is the only qb to only play 3 years of all those guys and everyone before brohm was in the c-usa. give teddy a 4th year and he separates himself from all these qbs no question. lol hes already separated himself from all these guys regardless..

11. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Its an argument devoid of thought or reason. I am actually people have the ability to put together complete sentences would use that a tool of rational.

You can make that argument for every qb to ever come out in the draft

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Comparing Teddy B to those mid rd scrubs is ridiculous. Teddy has a top 5 grade. None of those qbs come close to that. Its like comparing Johnny to Bucky Richardson.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The anti-Bridgewater arguments are mind numbingly stupid and lack critical thinking and context.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Don't be ridiculous, they have a lot in common even if you don't want to believe that. They both were pro style college QB's at the same school who played against the same weak competition and were of similar body size and were touted for being smart, accurate QB's.

Never say "irregardless" if you want to be taken seriously. Ever.

You don't get to criticize anyone after saying "irregardless".

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Brian Brohm had a top 5 grade at one point as well, the difference? He went back for his senior year and had an injury while in college. They are very similar QB's.

16. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can totally understand the argument for Clowney over Bridgewater.

I cannot understand why someone would want Manziel or Bortles over Bridgewater.

For me it's:
    1A. Bridgewater
    1B. Clowney
    LARGE, HUGE GAP
    2. Everyone else

1 person likes this.
  17. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

You should have never replied back, for your to cosign to such asinine and ridiculous critiques reflects poorly on your cognitive thought processes.

If you actually watched brohm play you would know why he failed instead of resorting to generic scouting reports.in an attempt to strike a correlation

18. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

No they arent, brohm was pro style version of blaine gabbert. No pocket presence and no toughness

19. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

It will be that way once draft day hits

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

1. Again, you said "irregardless" so you don't get to comment on anyone's "cognitive thought processes"

2. Did you watch Brohm play? I highly doubt it, you are just upset that someone is questioning Bridgewater.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.