1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teddy Bridgewater or Bust

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Old Man Rock, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

IMO there is no question who we take with the first overall pick. People complain about his competition but just look what he did to 3rd ranked Florida in the Sugar Bowl. The same Florida defensive line that man handled Manziel. He showed everything you want to see from a NFL QB prospect.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i9GcKd1CkuA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The kid has size, arm strength, mobility and physicality and he will only get better. But more than that the kid is extremely coachable, mature and has football smarts.

I am a big Keenum fan but lets face it he is undersized and while he does have some mobility it's not Russ wilson mobility. Bridgewater already does some things better than Keenum and I'm not talking about running. He knows how to move around in the pocket and avoid sacks are when he is sacked he moves up so it's for less. And when he scrambles he is always looking to pass first. When he does run he is a gazelle.

These are all things Keenum has not mastered and that is not even talking about his pro qb size. Almost everything he does will immediately transfer to the NFL unlike Manziel. If we get the overall first pick Bridgewater it is. The kid has heart and will make us viable next year and with Keenum as backup or QB position is solidified.

2. smr6

smr6 Member

I wouldnt complain if we got him.

But I would also be happy if we were able to trade the pick and get a haul anywhere close to what the Rams got for the #2 pick a couple years ago.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Just curious.

Is one of the main reasons he is being overlooked by fans on this site because he's black?

Not trying to say anybody's racist, but with us seeing how running QBs such as VY, Cam Newton, RG III, and Mike Vick's of the league have struggled to create contenders I'm assuming people are painting him in that same mold without truly seeing his game.

I like the kid and their is no comparison between him and the aforementioned guys above.

4. htown1984

htown1984 Member

I like this guy as well.. I think he well be Great..

Who does he remind yall of? I think hes more like a taller Russell Wilson

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I agree completely OMR

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Because he's black and slow. If he was fast they'd love him. Well I don't know, half these guys assume he's fast because he's black.

Clear #1 QB available. But I'm not sure he's the best prospect. He's definitely not as enticing as Luck or RG3 were when they came out. Or Vick (since you mentioned him). But much more appealing than Newton & VY (since you mentioned them) were.

Bridgewater is the clear QB to take, no question, but you have two pass rushers on the board that might be better.

7. htown1984

htown1984 Member

I think he would we be better than Cam Newton- And Cam is very good..

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I don't get it either. But he does exactly what Kubiak is working so hard to teach Keenum. Not dogging Keenum he really has only been playing for 7 games and he is definitely improving with his pocket presence but Bridgewater already has it. And the thing is he can run like any of those other QB's you mentioned but he is smart enough to know when to do it. That is an amazing attribute that most of them did not possess coming in.

9. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

RG3 was an extremely highly rated prospect, more so than anyone in this draft. The Rams also had their franchise QB in place.

Teddy is the pick the Texans must make unless they are able to trade for QB in the offseason.

1 person likes this.
  10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Let's all hope and pray we lose to the Jags on Thursday.

11. mario_v

mario_v Member

After watching that video I am sold the Texans should get him. I loved his footwork and his pocket presence. Also, he goes through his progressions, doesnt just throw to his first option, he scans the whole field.

He's got a pretty good arm and he can run. After last nights Seahawks game, I feel much better that you can win with an undersized QB like Russell Wilson.

12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The Texans better not get cute with this - you don't win championships with pass rushers if you don't also have an upper echelon QB. I know absolutely nothing about any of these kids - but if there's a potential franchise QB in the draft, he has to be the pick.

And with the new rookie wage scale, you don't have to be so nervous. QB is as no-brainer, IMO.

13. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Let's grab people from Seattle's FO. They know how to draft players lol

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

See, I think Bridgewater is the clear QB favorite but I'm not sure he's going to be "elite" or deserve to be taken over a guy like Clowney who might end up being the next Julius Peppers. You don't have to right the ship in 1 season. If you can pair a young Julius Peppers locked into a rookie contract next to Watt or draft Ben Roethlisberger... which would you prefer?

15. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Can someoe post some videos of Teddy BridgeWater.. I have yet to watch a complete game of him...

will he play in any bowl this year against real competition? This could be the day

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You know who did all those things in college well? Tannehill. You're almost making me want Bridegwater less with those comments, ha.

17. htown1984

htown1984 Member

this would be the dream scenario.. Line up two monsters next to each other-
    and that your 1st pick in the 2nd Round is a big Ben type QB (or elite QB)
    but than if Jaguars draft Teddy and he becomes the next big thing (that would suck)

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Well, when you put it that way....

Ben = 2 Super Bowl rings
    Julius = 0

I'd probably still take Ben... no?

19. SevenMinuteAbs

He's not nearly as fast as those guys. He's fast but those guys are speedsters.

He's not even a similar player to them.

And personally him being black has absolutely nothing to do with not wanting him, I don't want him but I'd be happy if we got him. I just think we'd benefit more from a o or d lineman.

If famous Jameis was eligible though, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He reminds me a lot of Andrew Luck, maybe a bit slower but he's still mobile. We liked the wrong year to tank :/

20. Major

Major Member

An elite QB is not going to available in the 2nd round unless no one thinks he'll be an elite QB and you just get lucky that he develops into one. Why not take the QB with the best chance to be elite instead of the one with a tiny chance to be elite? You can always use your 2nd pick on a pass rusher you hope will be elite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.