1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ted Lasso Best show on TV

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Sep 1, 2020.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sam about to become a main man. :eek:;)

GOOGOOMECHUCK likes this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

Oh my the last episode again proved the genius of this show, which I'm not going to lie was tested at times during this season. Aside from the great mix of comedy and drama, even more so than my favorite show Scrubs - also produced by Bill Lawrence - I think what really makes this the best comedy out there is the blend of American and English. It really is the best of both worlds. What other show also has an extended episode only 3/4th into the season that truly felt like it could've been a season ending one?! Truly great.

3. Roscoe Arbuckle

I don't want spoilers. I LOVE this show. So I went to subscribe...

Here was my final response after 6 weeks of trying to get this.

Your reply from Apple doesn't even format properly on my Gmail, so this should be fun to write.
    Tried to buy Apple TV + several weeks ago. Got fed up after 25 minutes of run around.
    A few weeks ago I tried again. Found out after another 25 minutes that I had to purchase it exclusively on an Apple product. Got Fed up and hung up.
    Finally found my iPad and tried to purchase it on there. After 10 minutes of figuring out my ID and password I finally found the correct one.
    Went through far too many prompts before getting to the CC screen. Needed to put in new card info. accidentally put in one wrong # on the card and was told card was invalid.
    Corrected the number on the card and resent. Was told again it was invalid.
    Backed out and tried again. Still invalid.
    Put in another credit card. Was told it too was invalid.
    Called the support line. Call diconnected before reaching anyone.
    Called again. After speaking to someone for less than a minute the call was disconnected. You can look that one up.
    Called again. Gave up after 10 minutes on hold. This time for good.
    Why would I ever want this experience again? Nothing about Apple looks professional anymore.
    Not one thing.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Try going on your phone (which I assume IS NOT an iPhone) and bring up a browser. Go to tv.apple.com and try from there.

5. heypartner

You don’t need an Apple device.

I subscribed on a Windows PC via a browser, just like Netflix, Amazon, Disney+

JW86 likes this.
  6. Roscoe Arbuckle

Tried with two people. They couldn't do it. Finally found my iPad which was stuck behind my bed and ran into the craziest issue ever to enter CC info.

I'm personally done. Jobs didn't want a mentor for a reason. And this is why I see Apple failing in ten years.

But Bobrek: if you have a child that wants an iPad? He's got mine. You were too cool.

As for William? Steady as he goes.

7. heypartner

Doesn’t matter if you did it with two ppl who were also confused. Sounds like y’all misread the site to think you needed the Apple TV+ App. You don’t. It’s also a standard web app in a browser on Windows, too.

you don’t need any Apple devices.

if you want to tell the world Apple sux now, I’m going to be right there saying it’s no different than signing in to Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, bc I’m not a fan of misinformation reviews made by ppl.

you sound like my sister last week complaining about entering a CC to get my mom flowers, when she actually kept typing wrong addresses, and got mad at me, for not being able to help her ... lulz

:p

#107 heypartner, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    tierre_brown and JW86 like this.
  8. heypartner

So, are you all fancy now, drinking tea?

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

incorrect. I went to their support twice. Then I was told I could only get Apple on a device. Finally found one and they told me three times my CC was invalid... 3 cards.

This company is absolute trash.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I watch Apple TV on my PlayStation.

GOOGOOMECHUCK likes this.
  11. JW86

JW86 Member

Yeah, it is what it is!

heypartner likes this.
  12. bobrek

You can only get the Apple TV app on certain devices. That is true. But.. the list of devices that support the app is pretty substantial:

https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-app/devices/

However, you can access Apple TV from a browser on any device. While I have plenty of Apple devices, when I am laying in bed, I watch Apple TV on my Android phone's browser. No app required.

And... thanks for the offer, but the grandkids all have their IPads.

#112 bobrek, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  13. heypartner

Are you telling me I did not subscribe via Chrome on a Windows PC and watch in Chrome.

dude...I did, and I am.

Sounds like you are confusing downloading the Apple TV+ App, with subscribing through a browser. If you asked their support how to get the App, then their answer was correct. If you stated you’re trying to watch on a PC, they should have informed you of the ability to do it all on a Windows PC in Chrome, like their website states. I mean, why would I lie to you?

==============================
    Just for a sanity check, I tested this again.
    • I just subscribed for a 2nd free trial
    • and even registered a brand new Apple account ... which didn't ask me for proof of an Apple device
    • all done on Windows PC in Chrome ...
    • in literally 3 minutes.
    Here is what the home page of tv.apple.com says

[​IMG]

Here is their support page for Windows PC users

[​IMG]

Here is me watching the Pilot again, after a 3 minute subscription process

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

241755841_375468034226574_341304618633527061_n.jpg

heypartner likes this.
  15. heypartner

Lulz, in my defense :), I get roped into tech support for my family (bc of my browser favorites, I suppose), so needed to do a sanity check in anticipation of a call from my sister, to see if Apple changed things

I think @Roscoe Arbuckle is beyond wanting advice and support here, but it gave me opportunity to help others :cool:

JW86 and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. Roscoe Arbuckle

I'm beyond wanting help. Company was doomed the day Jobs died, much like it festered in the 90's without him.

I'm no tech guy, but isn't apple supposed to be easy by design?

When you spend as much time as I did, both online & with Apple people. 4 times over two months. It's no longer me. It is them.

They will fail. Short that stock now. You'll be thanking me.

17. heypartner

You could have just done it thru a Windows browser, rather than your ancient iPad ... you literally did it the hardest way possible. Dude, you should have just called me. I have the same 713 number and live in Houston again. :cool:

hell, I’ll give you my new login to the tv.Apple.com streaming site. It’s got 6 more free days on it.

Hehe ... didn’t you start this thread too

Windows 10 update nightmare

:p

18. bobrek

My 10 year old grandson manages my iTunes account to where he distributes money for apps and in app purchases to his 8 and 6 year old sisters.

He and his 13 year old brother build Minecraft worlds and set up servers for multi player games on their ipads.

My almost 4 year old granddaughter can operate the Apple TV when she's at our house.

Shoot, my 65 year old sister was able to activate her free Apple TV offer on her ancient iPad and Apple TV without help from my brother or me.

19. Roscoe Arbuckle

I work on files from several outlets from my company. This IS an apple thing.

20. bobrek

And yet Apple is the company with the largest market capitalization in the world and the 3rd leading (first tech) company in revenue in the world.

I think they'll survive just fine regardless of whether or not some users can manage to subscribe to Apple TV.

rimbaud likes this.