1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Ted Lasso Best show on TV

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Sep 1, 2020.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’m not crying, you are. I love this damn show.

DaDakota likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My issues with this season are the whole episode where the boss spends it on a boat in Amsterdam. I don't give a damn about any of that. It wasn't funny and pointless.

I don't care about Keeley and her PR firm. I don't mind her and the relationship with Roy or Jaime. But whether her business is going to make it or her friends who have no connection to the football club, just aren't interesting. The show is the best when it deals with Ted and the football club. I understand it's hard to keep focusing there, but so much of the expanding they did wasn't interesting or particularly funny.

It's still a great show and better than most of the other options, but it did drop a level.

3. Sajan

Sajan Member

Exactly my thoughts also. Just felt like filler content that are not really connected.

Keeley's PR firm. Yawn. Entire episode on a boat...yawn. Keeley dating her boss...yawn.

clos4life and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. mikol13

Supporting Member

Here is how I see the other episodes or stories that the last few posts here don’t like…

To me, the series isn’t about football/soccer. This series is about life. It’s about a series of moments or periods in the lives of these characters that help shape and mold who they are or become.

The episode on the boat, the PR firm or dating of a boss…These things affected these people and they have learned different lessons from it all. I get why you may want to see different storylines. Maybe you connect with different characters and/or said storylines. It’s fair, I get it.

On the flip, these characters are very much a part of the show and it’s how they chose to write in these periods of how they were being affected in their respective lives.

I’m good with it. So, now it’s all being tied back in.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Amsterdam episode was amazing......just chill and watch the story arcs come together.

DD

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I liked the Amsterdam ep, but i went through rejecting the subtle shift in focus the season before and just accepted how the show is structured.

It tries to humanize athletes and the sport but it's a tough balance to not make the show gimmicky. The writers definitely take some gambles in trying to reframe a hypermasculine culture into something more healthy, but it's still a comedy at the end of the day.

I'm fine with this season being it's last. The way they glossed over their win streak into setting up the finale for the championship is kinda anti climactic but not really what the show is about anymore, more slice of life moments where success isnt everything rather how you deal with challenges and failures

Ep 11 left some breadcrumbs...
    Lasso will probgo back to the us once this season ends
    Nasty nate fills in after his forgiveness tour, not sure which assistants stays or leaves
    As for ted...if they want a season 4, they'll leave his ending open ended

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is totally crazy but the only episode I missed was the Amsterdam episode, I was not sure what you guys were talking about, I think I skipped the 6th episode somehow due to not remembering to watch......

Oh Zlatan began his career at Ajax.... Totaal voetbal.

#307 daywalker02, May 29, 2023
    Last edited: May 29, 2023
    Sajan likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pep tried so hard to play himself, he came on so stiff.

DaDakota likes this.
  9. DaDakota

Final episode is out, and I am in tears after watching it, what a great TV show, and the last time I cared so much about characters on TV was MASH.

Just amazing writing, and character development....gonna miss this if it really is the end.

DD

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm only into the sixth episode of the first season. I'm special. ;)

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. Sajan

Sajan Member

The final few episodes made up for some of the mid season fillers.

great show overall.

12. mikol13

Supporting Member

I’d be surprised if there was another season with the way this ended.

Great show. I was moved throughout.

Invisible Fan and Sajan like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I enjoyed it.

The Actor who plays ****ing Roy Kent was heavily involved in "Shrinking" also on Apple TV and I have laughed out loud a number of times in every episode. I have 2 episodes left and i'm glad it was renewed for a second season.

Blake likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

Great show. Bill Lawrence is the other Ted Lasso/Shrinking creator and he's got this coming up: him + Apple + Carl Hiaasen has serious potential.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Monkey_(TV_series)

VooDooPope likes this.
  16. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member

What a great show! I don't know how it can be so heavy and still that funny. 10/10

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I accept the end but I don't agree with it.

DaDakota and mikol13 like this.
  18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Great finale. The show was the much-needed television upper during the pandemic and while it had a few not so amazing plot lines (Ted isn’t really even much of a featured character in Season 3), overall it was fantastic. Feel like the stuck they landing and gave it a proper send off. Season one is as close to perfect as a show can get.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Agreed... I thought moving away from Ted was a little intentional in a way to try and keep the series going without him... but its hard to deliver quality writing year after year and they certainly tied up all loose ends this season.

20. DaDakota

But he is, season 3 is about Ted sitting back and watching the growth of others. There is a scene in the final with Rebecca where he only says 8 words.....he listens, and reacts, giving others the chance to show their growth, I am sure it is on purpose, and wow.....how fricken cool.

I would love a MOVIE like Downton Abbey did......or a spin off........I can't imagine that Apple let's their most popular show and key to people signing up just go away.

Too much money still to be made, and too much interest in the setting/characters.....I am hopeful for something.

DD

mikol13, cmoak1982 and Xerobull like this.