1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ted Johnson calls Vince Wilfork's wife "ugliest he's ever seen"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Antec, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Antec

Antec Member

BOSTON (CBS) — There are certain things that should always be off limits for conversations, especially in public forums, and former Patriots linebacker Ted Johnson is learning that today.

Johnson, now a sports radio host in Houston, was participating in a segment called “None Of Your Business.” Johnson was asked by a caller to say which of his former teammates had the “ugliest spouse.” The website Houston Media Watch captured the audio and posted the segment online.

“Oh, my gosh. All right, you know what? I got it. Yeah, I got it. This is a big, big man,” Johnson said. “He won’t hear this — Vince Wilfork.”

Well, Johnson’s presumption proved true, but only temporarily, as the audio clip made its way around Twitter on Friday morning. And apparently, Wilfork caught wind of the comments, because he tweeted out a warning shot.

“Let me apologize to my fans in advance of whatever I may say today,” Wilfork tweeted, “but I do not play when it comes to my family.”

Wilfork’s previous tweet was directed at @TedJ52, Johnson’s Twitter account, according to his bio on the Sports Radio 610 site.

“[You're] barking up the wrong tree,” Wilfork wrote to Johnson. “I hear and see everything [expletive].”
    Later, Wilfork posted a note he wrote on his iPhone to Twitter and directed it at Johnson. It read (edited for clarity):

“Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it is [messed] up when an ex-teammate that I actually looked up to and enjoyed playing with takes shots at my wife for whatever reasons. I love my wife and my family. She is my everything. I don’t care when this was said — no one should cross that line. The line has been crossed so it is what it is. All I wanna say is [expletive] you! You don’t want to [expletive] with me or my family. Take shots at me all day but not them. I have a great family life and [am] blessed to have them.”

Johnson tweeted out an apology later Friday morning.

“I just made a huge error in judgement and want to apologize to Vince and his wife for comments I made earlier today on a Houston radio show,” @TedJ52 tweeted. “Vince and his family are outstanding people who I have admired since they arrived in [New England]. I learned a big lesson today and feel terrible.”

Wilfork and Johnson were teammates in 2004, when Wilfork was a rookie and Johnson was in his final season in the NFL.

Wilfork met his wife, Bianca, when he was a freshman at the University of Miami.

2. Antec

Antec Member

[​IMG]

10/10 Would hit.

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That's ****ed up. You don't publicly take shots at another mans wife, especially if you know them personally. Really mean spirited.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I am going to guess this is the end of none of your business.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

She ain't even that bad.

Wilfork looks like Carl Winslow in that photo and she looks much better than Harriet, so Johnson doesn't know what he's talking about.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

610 being 610.
    Houston Media Watch, being little b****es with their little Geocities/Angelfire looking website.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

None of your business is lame anyways...

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would not want to make Vince upset.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If I'm not mistaken, Ted Johnson has pretty well-documented mental problems resulting from chronic head trauma/concussions so not really that surprising...

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Great and now he will take his frustrations on Houston Football and Matt Schaub when he comes to Houston..:(

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Maybe football players just all get hot chicks and Mrs. Wilfork, even if not that bad, ends up being around the bottom of the barrel by comparison because everybody else is pulling above average tail.

12. Raven

Raven Member

What an a-hole. Wilfork handled it better than Johnson deserves.

13. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Sports Radio 610...HAHA!:grin:

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

15. Anxiety Trooper

610 ... That's all anyone needs to know about this story. Why anyone listen's to that insufferable garbage is beyond me.

16. Anxiety Trooper

IB4 Another Brother defends his radio buddy Josh Innus

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Wilfork's response via twitter (NSFW language):
    [​IMG]

Further proof that SR610 is garbage for even allowing that to take place. They should have screened out the caller and dumped when it got to that. Pathetic radio.

1 person likes this.
  18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Its a segment called none of your business. Basically the caller asks a question to the host so they don't answer and say none of your business. So really it is all on ted. He should have just said none of your business.

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It is probably true, but that is a question you don't answer. You know any answer is going to be insulting.

Edit: Anybody else notice Wilfork never called his wife beautiful in his response?

20. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

I have listened in on that segment a few times and this one's all on Ted. As a former player he definitely broke the code going after a guys family like that.