1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Tech Question] Multiple Remote Users

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ScriboErgoSum, May 28, 2009.

1. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I've got multiple remote users in different states at my company, all of whom need to run several pieces of software that have to run locally on the office network.

I've been handling it with remote desktop and VPN, but this requires a dedicated computer for each remote user we hire. I see this trend continuing, and I'm hoping to avoid having a server room full of dedicated client PC's.

Is there software or a way to support multiple remote desktop sessions with a single server?

2. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Yes. Windows Terminal Server is one solution. Citrix server is another. A third solution is virtualization of your client machines.

1 person likes this.
  3. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Thanks, bejezuz. I just started reading up on Windows Server 2003 to see if that can handle what I'm trying to do.