1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teams D'antoni Lost To In Playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by francis 4 prez, Sep 13, 2020.

1. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

61 win pop/kawhi/manu/parker spurs (spurs -300)
    durant/steph/klay/dray warriors (warriors -200)
    durant/steph/klay/dray warriors (warriors - 280)
    63 win lebron/AD lakers** (lakers -400)

**based on 82 games

fairly good teams

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Has the one of the worst second options(Westbrook) of all time and lost to the Lakers.

BallSoHarden, lnchan and pr0wler like this.
  3. Juxtaposed Jolt

This is a good thread. With all the hate on MDA, you'd think he was actually a terrible coach.

He's not. He just ran into better teams / better players.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmmmmmmm... ........I wonder if he did that during the Laker's series......I wonder if he also had trash defense and missed rotations.....nah Russ would never do that.

BallSoHarden and lnchan like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

*Without Kawhi/Tony
    *Without KD/Cousins
    *Curry/Green in foul trouble/scoreless

6. HP3

HP3 Member

One game, one game.........and ONE GAME.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. mastan

mastan Member

I think above is slightly misleading...Rockets lost to Spurs without Kawhi at home, lost to GS last year without Durant.
    On the contrary, during the tenure of MDA has Rockets beat any championship caliber team in playoffs? NO.

I acknowledge that Rockets were the best NBA team in the 2017-18 season and they would be champions if referees didn't blindly favor GS or Chris Paul didn't get injured.

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Now do it but this time: teams D’Antoni adjusted to during a series

htwnbandit and Caesar like this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol, agenda much in this tweet? I like how "missing players" are noted for the other teams but not for the Rockets, also lol at 2016 as some kind of missed opportunity.

The 8 seed, 42 win Bickerstaff Rockets should have taken out the 72 win Warriors once Curry went down? Lol, no. IIRC game 5 was the game where Harden scored 18 points in the 1st Period and the rest of the team combined for ...1 Dwight Howard FT.

BMoney, CCity Zero, topfive and 3 others like this.
  10. Juxtaposed Jolt

You're trying to be funny, but it would probably still be the same list of teams.

11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

That’s weird. What adjustment did we make against the Lakers.

Let’s just get an answer to that one before I ask the same question again for other series.

12. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

LOL right? I legit lol'd, almost spilled my coffee!

fckbandwagons and HP3 like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

If there were ever a series to blame Mike, this would be it....he got totally out coached by Vogel.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wouldn't want to be stuck with Westbrook either.

DD

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

My fault, I read your post wrong. I meant MDA (probably) didn't adjust to those teams, which is why we lost.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

but those are all 1 games that shoulda been gimmies - those are the easy ones... hell, if you dont win those what real chance do you have going forward?

Zoplicone and HP3 like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay do you think if we replay those series with Durant and Kawhi...out they beat us? Of course not. Things happen in the playoffs. It's not all on Mike either, Harden had a hand in that Spurs series. And the Warriors were still good without Durant. He's gone man, youll see now what happens when the grass is greener. And that grass being greener is a championship and nothing else.

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

The narrative goes further back, IMO. Days with Suns and Knicks. Mostly Suns as a 60+ win team.

19. francis 4 prez

so your argument is we got up 3-2 on the warriors due to our superior talent? or because steve kerr is so much worse than non-adjustment d'antoni that he couldn't figure out how to beat us even though we did nothing coaching-wise?

HP3 likes this.
  20. francis 4 prez

golden state without kevin durant is not a gimme. it's literally the core of a 73 win team you're playing. so we got 1 game out of 6 against a 73 win team. not much of a break. with no KD for the whole finals and klay missing just as much time as KD did in our series, the god kawhi leonard with master coach nick nurse still barely managed to edge them out in a hold-your-breath 6th game. how our own fans don't even appreciate our golden state series, when golden state went 32-5 against everyone else and only 8-5 against us (including the cp3 missed games), is beyond me.

waytookrzy079 and HP3 like this.