1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team USA Showcase

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by parksn306, Jul 26, 2013.

1. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I just caught the highlights of the Blue vs White game... did anyone actually watch the game? What type of defense was being played (if any)? It certainly could not have been playoff level... so was it regular season, preseason, or all-star game level?

3. lean

lean Member

i only saw the 4th quarter and parsons didn't play much, did he have some nice highlights early? and did he start?

4. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Played very subpar.

His only highlight was having a lob stolen in midair by Anthony Davis who proceeded to take it all the way down the court for a slam dunk,

Not making the 2014 roster, at any rate.

5. dragician

dragician Member

Irving is the real deal.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The D wasn't very good but it was better than all-star level. The announcers (Calabro and Zeke) kept making fun of how seriously Thibs was taking things.

Kyrie Irving was on a different level than everyone else. Anthony Davis will have a breakout year if he stays healthy. Harrison Barnes looked great. Andre Drummond may end up being a monster. His stats don't reflect much, but to me, Paul George looked large and in charge.

DeMar DeRozan and Dion Waiters looked like they had no business being out there.

7. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

He also had an airball and was booed. His shot was as flat as Greg Smith's free throws.

8. chandlerbang21

he was very over matched out there it was sad to see. All these twitter vacation picks and award show participation's, he needs to step his game up because he looked like he didn't belong on the team smh

9. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

I'm a little surprised at all these comments on Parsons. I wasn't able to watch the game but, I hope he picks it up. He shouldn't be scrubbing it out there with his talent level.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It wouldn't shock me if some of those coaches love Parsons well rounded game, he may stick as a glue guy.

11. akxninja

akxninja Member

Yea, but Granger is a better version of Parsons, he'd be the glue guy before Chandler.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Only reason people think Chandler has any shot because they have their Houston Rockets glasses on.

Based off that game he has no shot at making the team. Anything I can happen I guess.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He's good for a shoot first point guard, but name one ball dominant, shoot first point guard, that made it anywhere. BTW, Iverson played SG the year he went to the finals.

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Or maybes its just because they actually watched him play the last two seasons including a play-off series and noticed he was damn good.

15. Fefo

Fefo Member

do u know this guy who went to the finals last year and already won 3 championships... i think his name is Tony Parker.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

He is good still doesn't change the fact that he did nothing to catch anyone's attention during that game which I think is probably important.

Didn't read the reports from practice so not sure he performed in that. There are plenty of SF's that are damn good soooo

17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

he also had one alley oop dunk, but yea he looked lost out there

18. lean

lean Member

Thanks for the response, that's disappointing to hear. Hopefully he was just having an off day.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Granger is 30, has been injured & has a lot to prove going forward.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Merely an exhibition game my friend & Parsons is primed for a big year with two stars on the roster.:cool: