1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team USA Camp 2014

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Jul 28, 2014.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL Garcia balling?

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

DMC over their heads, Garcia the only player scoring.

3. chandlerbang21

Cisco talking trash

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Garcia plays better with lighter balls.

The death stare is in full effect! he stared down the entire USA bench!

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

No they didnt.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah, they really didn't. They kind of teased about the whole "I'm the best player alive" thing, but after that they said how good he was offensively. No big deal at all.

7. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Did Marv Albert say Cisco is meeting with the Rockets after this game? Possibly to sign his contract?

Wanna make sure I hear this correctly.

8. BonziWellsGOAT

Don't know if sarcastic or.....

To be fair it was more of making fun than blasting him but it was still ridiculous. They try and give him a half hearted compliment and the other broadcaster completely negates it and they all start laughing

9. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

They definitely did at one point. They talked about his stat line, mentioned he had 2 steals, and one of the announcers said he was playing good defense. Then another announcer mentioned that steals could be from gambling, not necessarily from playing great defense. At which point another announcer said "its definitely not from great defense."
    But idk. Maybe i didn't hear them correctly.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

no that's exactly how it went. I think it was Marv Albert? that said dismissed him being playing good D when the other announcer mentioned the effort Harden was showing on that end. Curry and Lillard can get **** on D and their won't be a peep.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I can't see how Harden can look so locked in on defense on USA and then come in this season and go back to not caring. I really think he's gonna bring it this season.

12. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Team USA has no defensive communication.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Can haters stop worrying about announcers and objectively talk about hardens play?

14. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Curry's man is always getting past him

15. Madano

Yeah, I thought it was Marv Albert that made the comment about it definitely not being good defense. I believe Grant Hill was trying to stick up for Harden, but after that comment by Marv they all started to laugh.

16. BonziWellsGOAT

How are we haters if we're sticking up for harden? Are we announcer haters? Anyway nobody thinks he's a elite defender but for team usa he has been a good defender and they completely dismiss that and clown him for bad defense when he's finally playing good d

17. Madano

I'm not exactly sure who you're referring to with "haters" but most of us are sticking up for Harden, defending him from the announcers. I personally think he is playing great, on both ends of the floor. He appears to be putting in almost the same amount of effort on defense as he is on offense. He's made some nice passes, tried the pick and roll with Davis multiple times, scored a large chunk of team USA's points, and even has a few steals.
    I'm not hating on Harden, i'm cheering him on. I can't wait to see if he can play like this for an entire season.

18. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Hardens playing great defense and gets lots of criticism every single mistake.

Curry is letting his man score at will. nobody bats an eye.

19. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Albert taking more shots at Harden after his interview smh

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I pretty much called this months ago.

A better commitment to defense would largely go unnoticed because any mistake will continue to be amplified. The smart writers will give him credit if he actually does it, but your average announcer will be slow to realize that things have changed.

He has no one to blame but himself, let's just hope he continues this effort and intensity into next season.