1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team Trump's attempt to control the news coverage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 30, 2017.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

PGabriel was obviously drunk posting last night.

Saying "it's just a funny tweet and Trump isn't impacting your life" is the biggest lie of all man.

Just one example of that: Anyone getting an FHA loan now has to pay at least an extra 500 bucks a year because Trump thought it was so important that the big banks make more money that THE VERY FIRST thing he did on Inauguration Day was sign a bill that would increase the mortgage insurance at least 500 a year. Most people would see 1000+ increase.

That's real money and it shows everything you need to know about this President in one fail swoop behind the scenes. Take care of the big banks and billionaires, squeeze the middle class, and F the poor... all the while making a mockery of the office by turning it into trash reality TV.

It's a weird and semi depressing 4th of July... usually one of my favorite holidays. I still think this is a great country and worth fighting for. I think the 30 to 35% in the cult drinking the cool aid are still worth fight for as well. They aren't the enemy... they are Americans who went down a dark path and allowed their worst impulses to be exploited. To the 30 to 35% still struggling internally to realize what they have done.... it's time to wake up.

Happy 4th everyone and God Bless America

#121 dobro1229, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I typed exactly his lack of protocol doesn't affect your life

This is why I post so much cause I type something and then you say I wrote something different

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

If Trump is the "biggest liar in the world" and is CNN barely more trusted than Trump then that's not something to be proud of

In other news, CNN just doxxed the person who created that wrestling gif and forced him to apologize so who's really trying to control what?

#124 RocketsLegend, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    AntiSonic likes this.
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/04/politics/kfile-reddit-user-trump-tweet/index.html

"CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change."

Wow, CNN essentially threatened to expose his identity -- a guy who has been receiving death threats -- if he makes "offensive posts".

Obviously I don't care for Trump, but that is some bullshit right there. CNN sucks.

AntiSonic likes this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Very weak post, comrade! In America, we are all drinking and shooting off fireworks now! Pretend to celebrate and then restart your pro-Donald pro- Russia schtick tomorrow.

FranchiseBlade and Deckard like this.
  7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

that is weapons grade stupid by CNN, "reserves the right to publish his identity should that change" reads like blackmail

and by threatening to blackmail this guy, they basically just asked the 4chan/Reddit army to come after everyone at CNN

AntiSonic likes this.
  8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Lmao. CNN looks so childish in their retaliation of an Internet meme. Barbara Streisand effect in full force.

AntiSonic likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The angry adolescent gamer demographic really loves Trump for some reason.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They could have published his name and no one would have accused CNN of being horrible for ruining this person's life. I bet you most conservative sites would publish the name of a liberal troll even if they apologized.

I don't pay much attention to CNN but all things considered, they aren't the ones making racist remarks on the internet

11. fchowd0311

Also, let's be clear here. This person has posted FAR WORSE than the CNN WWE gif. I'll agree that gif is rather innocent and benign in the grand scheme of things coming from a random redditor but a president endorsing that type of rhetoric isn't healthy. I'm sure you would agree with that. I mean I'm pretty confident that posters like you have made ridiculous comments in regards to Obama 'creating division' because he had the audacity to comment on a couple of police brutality instances. So obviously you would believe that the president expressing approval of a metaphorical beat down of a major news network isn't healthy as I would say the same if Obama endorsed that type of rhetoric agaisnt Fox News.

12. Duncan McDonuts

The reddit user's post history is irrelevant. I agree with you that Trump reposting the meme is childish behavior and unbecoming of a world leader, but that's for CNN to take up with Trump. The reddit user is a private citizen, he/she is not in public office and doesn't deserve to be doxxed for creating a meme that the president happened to retweet.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

I would be against CNN doxxing a private citizen but at the same time would have little remorse for a private citizen who is willing to post the rhetoric that hanassholesolo posted about Jews, Muslims and other ethnicity/religious groups. It looks like CNN isn't doing it either.

Someone like haassolesolo knows how reprehensible his rhetoric was hence why he desires anonymity. Read the apology post he typed. Sounds like a man who has family and friends who would hate him if they knew the **** he said online.

14. Duncan McDonuts

I wouldn't shed a tear either if he ends up getting justice for being an *******, but there are certain boundaries that should be respected and being an ******* is one. He can say and feel whatever he wants, that's his right. When he acts on that to infringe on someone else is where I draw the line and he should face consequences.

Doxxing people for having an opinion that you don't agree with is dangerous and that type of society encourages mob rule.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

This is beyond ****ed up. I know I've bashed CNN on here a lot but even I couldn't imagine them going this low. Doxxing a 15 year old and basically holding him hostage for posting something they disapprove of. Even if the user posted something racist or vile, CNN has no place policing a private citizen.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

When Trump heard one of the president's jobs is the "bully pulpit", he must've psyched himself up in front of his circus mirror to be the best bully of all time.

Presidential.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You are wrong here, the journalist who could have exposed the guy who has been making anti-semetic , racist etc posts is the one receiving death threats. The guy who hasn't had his identity revealed can't be receiving threats directed at his real off-line self, get your story straight.

Journalist Who Exposed The Racist Creator Of Trump’s CNN Tweet Gets Death Threats
    “This environment is the creation of the man in the White House,” says Jared Yates Sexton.

By Chris D’Angelo

X

WASHINGTON — A journalist who revealed the racist, anti-Semitic internet troll behind the CNN beat-down video that President Donald Trump shared says he’s facing a barrage of death threats. And he warns that the president is fueling a violent, anti-media conversation online.

Jared Yates Sexton, a New York Times contributor and assistant professor of creative writing at Georgia Southern University, shared with HuffPost several threatening messages directed at him since he unmasked the troll Sunday. In one, a Reddit user warns of a looming “journocaust” — presumably a holocaust for journalists. In another, a Twitter user says there’s “a civil war coming” and that memes — specifically, the antisemitic one by the creator of the video that Trump shared — are “the least” of Sexton’s problems.

“There’s a fever pitch to this dialogue that is dangerous to everybody,” Sexton told HuffPost. “And it’s the people who are mentally ill, who are unhinged, who are unwell — they pick up on this stuff. And they are really, really moved to act by it.”

“If we keep this up, there’s going to be more consequences,” he added. “That’s just a fact.”

The GIF surfaced last week under the Reddit thread “Trump takes down fake news” and appears to have been created by user “HanAssholeSolo.” It is from a 2007 wrestling clip of then-reality TV star Trump tackling and punching WWE owner Vince McMahon. Superimposed over McMahon’s head in the GIF, however, is the logo of CNN, a news outlet Trump repeatedly attacks and refers to as “fake news.” Trump posted a slightly edited version of the clip to Twitter on Sunday morning, which the official @POTUS account retweeted.

The video has been widely viewed as the latest example of Trump endorsing violence against the media, which he has called “the enemy of the American people.”

#137 LosPollosHermanos, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    Deckard likes this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

No but he/she deserves to have the curtain of anonimity unveiled as they continue to post racist/ anti-semitic garbage.

You're right, hopefully they do the same to you and you can finally get grown up consequences for a change. If this is the stuff you post here, god knows what kind of garbage you post at reddit. Getting all riled up just like a "snowflake"...

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Modern Presidential

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Really you think the wrestling tweet is bullying CNN

CNN will be around long after Trump is dead let alone finished being President

CNN is 24 hour negative coverage of Trump since the beginning of the campaign