1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team Trump's attempt to control the news coverage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 30, 2017.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Whether it will or won't help the democrats win in the future is irrelevant. I don't give a ____ about that honestly. Because I know Conservatives really truly deeply don't care about that. If they had their way, they'd swing the country as far right as they can. Some of them are so extreme that they'd kick out liberals if it were up to them. The whole fake concern of saving the Democratic party is exactly that, fake concern.

As far as it being nothing impeachable, correct. It's just sad that many people defend whatever he does no matter what, like a cult.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

As a "Democrat", curious which Democrat policies and positions you like best about Trump, the "winner"?

3. conquistador#11

Instead of naming 5 actors that can criticize the president. How about naming 5 entertainers that should run for president. I have clint eastwood for my rightie comrades and matt damon for the lefties. They'd both do a better job. No way in the gates of hell Mr. Eastwood blows putin! We would have a defcon 1 before that happens. Trump runs the presidency like he is running the apprentice on nbc. Why should people respect the presidency when trump even doesn't?

It's a shame for the likes of Jeb bush(only bush I like and George p) who have placed years of hard work in ugly business of politics.
    What happened to superstar ted cruise? I'd rather have that pale munster than trump. definitely agree that the left, the media and even the republicans running against trump underestimated him. It's still bizzare to me. Merica'.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What policies did Mrs Clinton have.

But more important you are missing the point

None of this will help next election. Democrats have no message other than omg look at Trump

Time to move forward

Here was my policy. Don't run an empty vessel like Mrs Clinton

She has no economic beliefs in an economy focused election

I agree with Trump on maybe twenty percent of issues

Lastly I came in this thread to talk about the stupid reaction to the stupid attempt at humor in the wrestling tweet

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is the type of vapid rhetoric that goes no where. You seriously think a policy wonk like Hillary had no policies?

See this is a trick that trolls do. Make a easy and short statement that is objectively false but unfortunately requires a lengthier time to show how false it is thus most don't have the patience to respond with the lengthy explanation of all her policies thus it is often left unrebutted besides someone saying 'you are an idiot' and thus the troll's supporters are like "I told you don't have anything!".

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Jumping jack with many wrong assumptions, or inability to see more than one posters?

7. NewRoxFan

It was a pretty simple question. You claimed to be a Democrat, and that you like "winners" like Trump. The simple question, which Democrat policies and positions does Trump have that you like? I didn't ask about Hillary Clinton. Hillary lost, and won't run again.

Your response is very similar to republican/conservatives that claim they didn't vote for Trump... and try to blame Democrats for Trump winning. At the same time, they continually defend Trump on everything.

So again, as a "Democrat" there must be a number of Trump positions that you like that also align with your Democrat principles. I'd expect them to be more than the "20%" you mention... but even curious as to the "two in ten" ideas of Trump that aligns with your Democrat thinking?

You post all over the D&D, and you seem to be a big Trump supporter. So share the reasons why you... a Democrat, support him?

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Winning

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hate to tell you this, pgabriel, but as a Democrat of decades standing, one who has gone to precinct meetings and county conventions, I feel it's my duty to inform you that if you support trump, and I assume you voted for him, you are NOT a Democrat. Sorry. Call yourself whatever you like, of course, it is still a free country at the moment, but you aren't a member of the Democratic Party. I know a lot of Democrats and I don't know one that supports trump. Not now, not today. A few voted for him and have said they were duped. That if they had it to do over again, they would have voted for a dog catcher first (one said that to me, and another said he felt duped), before voting for this disaster who is occupying the Oval Office, when he can fit being President into his schedule. With all due respect.

10. dmoneybangbang

Some people just don't support those with the temperament of a 13 year old girl and there are some that don't mind.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, honestly I felt like I should have rebutted that whole "Hillary had no policy" nonsense but then thought "Do I really want to waste the time to respond to this?" The answer was no.

With his latest response it seems 'winning' is the only thing that matters. So much for policy.

Deckard likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I hate to tell you I'm trying to get Democrats to stop focusing on Trump and focus on the reason someone so despicable beat them

Act like grown ups and deal with improving yourselves and stop whining about something that is a done deal and won't change no matter how much you whine

Democrats are not moving forward and when the midterms come around it will be too late

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

that was one of the most insincere, half-assed apologies ive ever heard...believe me. he said he was sorry then tried to excuse it saying it was just "locker room talk" and then he went off on the clintons. then he sent his wife out to say billy bush egged him on and it was billy bushs fault and boys will be boys or whatever. if that is the best you got thats pretty weak. sad.

also comrade, the main person hurting trump is trump...not the media.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That isn't what you are doing here. I hate to tell you, but what you are doing is taking every opportunity to defend trump. You say he is despicable, but that isn't at all how you are posting in D&D. Frankly, it disappoints me and, I suspect, it disappoints many others here. I've always liked you, and still do in the other forums, but what you have taken on as a "mission," defending trump, is truly bizarre. You saying that you are a Democrat makes it even more so, with all due respect.

Have an appointment with a doctor, so I'll check in later.

15. NewRoxFan

That was the answer I was expecting. I certainly didn't expect you to be able to answer the question, since that have required an honest response. Since you pretend to be a Democrat, I figured that wouldn't be possible. Sure don't know why so many happy Trump supporters feel it so embarrassing to identify as a Trump supporter...

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You aren't arguing about policy

This is another Trump value judgment

In a long list of them

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Trump's policy of racism is enough to turn most African Americans off, and hispanics too, but for some reason there are contrarians that just want to see government burn, and who cares if it is an Alt Right aligned Racist like Trump.

DD

18. fchowd0311

K..

How about then policy of a travel ban with no merit behind it?

How about leaving the Paris Climate Accord? What about his ridiculous urge to artificially inflate a dying industry(coal energy) that harms our environment?

How about celebrating passing a bill at the rose garden partying it up with those who passed it and than a week later calling the bill 'mean' which it is since it drops 22 million people from health insurance? Now he wants it to pass again even with the 22 million?

How about all the bungles he did meeting foreign world leaders with little preparation and embarrassing himself?

What about maintaining the status quo of enabling Saudi with a massive weapons deal?
    What about his support for strong arm dictators such as Erdogen and Duterte?

What about him making off the cuff remarks about 3 milling illegal immigrants citing with no evidence and then to cover his ass create this **** storm of a witch hunt forcing states to release all their voter rolls just to appease his narcissism?

19. NewRoxFan

Interesting... now you are focusing on Trump's "policies". What policy would you include "winning" under?

20. fchowd0311

His policies are harder to defend than his demenor.

At least with his behavior, a Trump acolyte can use vague assertions that we are 'snowflakes'. But his policies... Good luck defending that.