1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team Trump's attempt to control the news coverage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Just to clarify, when you say "They.. would have used this opportunity"... you are referring to FoxNews right? Like saying that FoxNews is focused on the agenda first and foremost, and uncovering (and blackmailing) the redditor actually hurts their agenda? I can buy that... because FoxNews is very good at calculating their attacks where if they uncovered that the redditor was just a regular joe schmoe, its much less affective than painting a picture of Obama colluding with the deep dark underworld or whatever nonsense they try to peddle that their watchers lap up.

I agree that FoxNews is certainly more skilled at the court of public opinion in that regard. They are, by all accounts, a propaganda network driven by Rupert Murdoch who has direct ties to Trump and much of the GOP. They are very good at what they do, and are the driving force behind the great divide we now have in this country. That was all the craftwork of Murdoch and Bill O'Reilly when the network started years ago who took what Rush Limbaugh was already doing and modernized it, and normalized it for the everyday working class white folks to gobble up before they went to bed every night.

CNN.... I've been very critical of in the past, and in this regard, yeah... they do look petty, and look to have blackmailed a Trump fan who thought he was siting behind the comfort of his keyboard. A Trump fan would probably say "This is why Trump got elected... the big bad liberal media has it out for "US"". It absolutely hurts the Democratic party that FoxNews and Trump fans just assume that CNN is the mouthpiece for the Democratic party when I would argue they actually work against it in many many ways. They either need to just report the news, or go full Left/center left if that's what they want to appeal to. Stop it with the antics they pull, and in this case it would have been better for them to have NOT pursued reaching out to this poster, and instead paint a picture of Trump trafficking anti-Semitic posts from "The Proverbial Right". But no... CNN sucks at what they do of course.

But.... my point was that we are paying attention to the shape and structure of the baseball, and allowing the batter in the box to forget that there was a Pitcher who threw that baseball in the first place.... that pitcher being Donald Trump himself.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The story is over cause it was bs

If it really happened the press would still be talking about it

As far as the tape, I have no problem wit that being a story.

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

LOSRetardo wants me to be doxxed and have all my private information out to the public for having a different opinion. This moron would make a great authoritarian dictator.

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Please CNN doxx losretardo. He is racist scum and deserves it

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...-says-hell-kick-his-ass.273411/#post-10385320

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

While I know the overall topic of our government and the presidency is important, its still just a bunch of basketball fans tossing opinions back and forth. Not telling you to stop posting or anything, but maybe a short break, get out in the sunshine, look at clouds, etc... would be therapeutic.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

This is exactly what Trump haters on here should do

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sorry, but if you think everyone here is going to ignore the pathological liar in the White House who seems determined to ignore Russian interference in our democratic elections, as he works hard to destroy our relationships with our allies, then you are as mentally twisted as the man you worship, Mr. trump.

edwardc likes this.
  10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Deckard hates liars, but supported the Clinton political machine. Hypocrite, much?

11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@bigtexxx mercilessly mocked President Obama for golfing during his two-term presidency. Says nothing about President Trump's constant golfing and cost of protection. Hypocrite, much?

Deckard and edwardc like this.
  12. dobro1229

I can't tell if you and other Trump fans are trying to incite emotional responses with your posts, or if you are trying to suppress liberal voices.

One thing I do know is that you are not actively participating in productive conversations with folks that are different that you. You are doing nothing productive for the human race. If you ever wanted to actually have a normal human conversation, I'm sure any liberal would be happy to have a conversation. But you are a proven and blatant propaganda servant with an agenda against anyone opposed to Trump and his policies. The definition of a hack.

One thing you will not do here is change anyone's mind who believes in liberal democracy, and you sure as hell will never suppress our voices with your mongering and hate speech towards anyone who didn't vote for Trump.

So whatever your goal is here... you won't win if you do nothing but troll the internet.

Deckard likes this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Less than Trump golfs, I guess.

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

And you seem to keep backing this clown whom on multiple occasion have trash America and you back him as if he is good for America SMGDH.

Deckard likes this.
  15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

That's a lie. I want to talk policies and I've said that many times before but the other side is just fixating on the meaningless discussion about Trump on an emotional level and that is why I say Trump lives in your minds rent free. To you guys, it's all about what he tweets or what he says and my response is let's talk policies. Let's talk about the economy and our countries security while the other side just calls the president meaningless buzzwords. Just look at this forum and look at the title of threads about Trump. I'll tell you this, the same things kind of insults was spewed at Trump before the election on and we all know how that turned out so if you really want to change people's minds how about start acting like adults and talk policies instead of insulting the president and his supporters.

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Maybe if lunatics wouldn't threaten to kill the president 24/7 there wouldn't spend so much money protecting him. Ever thought of that?

17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not what I was talking about at all, but nice try. Nobody is questioning the necessity of the Secret Service.

18. dobro1229

All one has to do is scroll up about 5 posts to see you call another poster r****ded racist scum. Yeah... you just love to talk policy don't you?

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's a story and I have zero doubt he's sexually assaulted women and paid them off and attached a non-disclosure agreement, Trump's weapon of choice in hiding what a scumbag he is. Zero doubt. He's even trying to claim immunity from a lawsuit regarding defamation. Of course Trump never settles so we'll see a settlement soon.

Trump claims immunity from 'Apprentice' contestant's lawsuit

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said! It's interesting how this kid and some of the others who constantly defend trump claim they want to talk policy, and when you or I or several others here write paragraphs in an attempt to do just that, what do we get in reply 95% of the time? One line or two, typically with some insults tossed into a meager response. Hypocrisy writ large. That's what I see here everyday from trump's minions. Servants of the "rich man," who's afraid to show the American people just where his money is, whether he owes Russian banks tens or hundreds of millions, banks that work hand in clove with Putin, a murderous thug who hates the United States and our allies for winning the Cold War.