1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

team offseaon trade suggestion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bingfei236, Jun 20, 2008.

1. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

To clear one thing at the front, at this monment, Houston is not built for “get out the first round team", we need to build “champion team". we can't wait another 5 years to wait another new star to become mature. That is dead circle (tmac at his prime, yao still learning. yao at his prime, someone still learning...)

So base on recent championship teams success, here is my summary:

1. Three stars

Here is key, we knew under salary cap, it is hard for the team to get a good 17+ third star, but if we have to trade one of super stars, we better think someone who can replace first, i like Tmac to Piston trade. if we somehow get the Redd from Bucks, it would be nice

2. Defense and chemistry

lucky for rockets , we are good at this part. There is only one to clear up, i know some in this forum says we need to trade Battier for a good offense player (god, i love Gay), but when look at how important Posey to Boston, you will never do it. There’re no many good perimeter defender out there we can shot the 3 (Brown, too old), good fit for the team chemistry (Prince, can't shot 3) and willing to shot only 10 times a game ( Artest will not do whatsoever).

3. Dominated inside force ( at least, one side of floor) and perimeter scorer

Yes, we have, but we certainly are not sure duo is the right one.

4. 3 point shooter and PG

Here is why love Piston trade, Billups will give us huge lift on PG and he can shoot the 3, plus there is very good chance Battier, Refer and Hays package to get a good SG and nice 3 point shooter. Plus , believe or not, Hays has great value to the champion contender, say laker for example.

I love Tmac, however, it has been 4 years, as rocket fan, I think it is time to let him go when he has great value. It is easy to find a excuse in NBA, since injuries occur so often. Sometime it is what it is, you have to admit, Tmac will never achieve some to match his talents. True is always sad. I have to say, it will be great to watch if next rocket starting lineup are: Yao, Prince, Scola, Billups and Redd

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

No.

Look and see if NJ will give up VC for expirings and picks.

Rafer
    McGrady
    Carter
    Yao
    Scola

Bench
    Battier
    Landry
    Brooks
    Hayes