1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team Doubter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealAllpro, May 14, 2018.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The Rockets are winning a championship or getting Lebron.

We "Gucci."

hakeem94 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Yea that is probably true. Kind of ridiculous for the NBA overall but I'll take it

hakeem94 and sammy like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've grown to hate **** fans who rather be right rather than enjoy the ride and expect the unexpected.

topfive and tmoney1101 like this.
  4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

What 3 MVP’s do the Warriors have?

Are you throwing iggy in as a finals MVP?

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

You couldn't just stick this in the GDT or something? Had to make a new thread?

Interesting...

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he was probably referring to quin cook cause he was named the MVP of the 2017 D-League All-Star Game
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinn_Cook

ryano2009 likes this.
  7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

He’s taking about trophies. Curry 2 and KD 1.

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  8. tmoney1101

I agree. None gives a **** about your predictions. It’s time to live in the moment and hope for the best. This is what we’ve been waiting on all year. It’s time for unconditional support.

LUK3, YOLO and Invisible Fan like this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

GTFO

You're either with us or against us

tmoney1101, LUK3 and Invisible Fan like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol. OP thought it was would be great idea for some reason, to rally a "Team Doubter". a team usually consist of multiple.

once again **********************crickets******************

topfive and tmoney1101 like this.
  11. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Haha aww man yall killing him. I think he had good intentions but, c'mon man. You gotta come in here with the positive stuff, like we kicking they ass and ending their run. We will prove all the doubters wrong. We going to shock the world type sh*t! If we lose we lose, but don't try to soften it before we even play. Have faith young man, be a fan all the way. It's GAME TIME!

RudyTBag and tmoney1101 like this.
  12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I have faith I'm just nervous as hell. I don't want to see that rich little spoiled brat chewing on his mouthpiece beating on his little bony ass chest with fake as coat tail riding Durant giving a high five to sloth slow Thompson while Green runs around kicking people in the nuts. I hate them dudes. With the way they drafted the deserve some credit but there is a talent gap with their starting 5. They don't want to see us in depth though. I think it all depends on which Harden we get. We can do it but its a steep mountain to climb.

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Funny Stuff !!!!

He's a Cowboys fan too

ryano2009 likes this.
  14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

That's cool if that's how you view it. I'd rather and try and be objective. Sorry can't get down with this group think.

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

TRILL is only acceptable form of veracity.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I acknowledge what you say, but please shoo with your negative vibes on game day.

17. payaso

payaso Member

I'll have to step to the defense of OP on this one, addressing my own misgivings about what's going on:

1. What's love got to do with it, unless to say that love hurts as often as it uplifts? Love is a commitment, not a prepositional sentiment.
    2. I was local for the B2B trophy years; that '95 team had already won one and the core was mostly still together from the previous year. The 'murderer's row' they had to get through had, to a team, precisely ZERO NBA championships between them at that point.
    This group has been fun to watch for most of the season, until March rolled around and they seemed to start puckering up as the postseason approached. There are two (or three, depending on your respect for CC) big-time players who each had a breakout and/or stellar season, and have had individual moments in the playoff run to this point; there are ZERO players with a championship resume' on this team. WHEREAS:
    The opposition in the next round has two NBA titles in the past 3 seasons, and their core has been comparable, in terms of churn, to the '95 Rockets squad; that being said, they have no less than three (or four, depending on your respect for Green) big-time All-World players, two (or three) of whom have multiple championship rings.
    The last time the Rockets had a scenario like this in the Conference Finals, it was 1986; Magic had a lingering knee injury and John Lucas had been banned for nose candy, but otherwise, each team was at full strength. The Twin Towers lineup presented a challenge that the Lakers could not answer, and ultimately that was the difference.
    Conversely, this Rockets team was built to both emulate and counter the Warriors' offensive output; unfortunately they're still at least one player down. This was not as noticeable when the bench was still shooting lights-out from the 3, but since Ryno has diminished to a $20M towel boy and EGo is still nursing nagging injuries to shooting hand, etc., that leaves you with Gerald Green. If he's hot he can carry you; if he's not, they will bury you. Quinn Snyder, objectively speaking, won the coaching battle with MDA; does anyone think Kerr is the lesser between the two?
    Look, I know the Warriors have resembled Drama Camp at various points of the year but they were comfortable letting the Rockets expend considerable grind-it-out energy to get the overall 1 seed, and that's for a reason- they have less to lose than the Rockets do this year, and most still expect them to win. The Rockets must play 4-7 of the best games they will play all year and can look NOTHING like the team that ground its gears to finish out the last month of the season; otherwise OP is on to something. GSW does appear to have a fully-working 'on' switch; Rockets have dirty contact points and intermittent wiring in comparison, but can turn on the blowout machine if nothing interrupts the current.
    No interruptions FTW.

18. tmoney1101

It’s fine to be objective, that’s not the point. You don’t think every rockets fan on earth has some trepidation in the back of their minds heading into a series with arguably the best team of all time? This isn’t news. The point is, it’s the playoffs and this is the most important series the rockets have played in 23 years. As a die hard rockets fan it’s not time for objectivism, it’s time to rally the troops and show some support.

YOLO likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

someone forgot ariza's resume and even if that was a valid point, the entire team consists of guys who have plenty of playoff experience and been part of big games. the playoff resume here is irrelevant. the warriors had that empty "championship resume" before. You know how to fix that, you actually go out and get a championship

20. payaso

payaso Member

Heuristically you got me on that one... technically speaking. Ariza last won it 10 seasons ago, though, so some more recent experience playing the type of championship ball that is played now would be more helpful. Since you've mentioned him, it would also be helpful if Ariza could summon his inner Rodman for a series and get KD reeeeeeaaally pissed at him to the point KD reverts to Tin Man mode and starts chirping about the injustice of it all. Otherwise there's no answer for him and GSW is +1.