1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teague to Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tmactoyao, Jul 10, 2013.

1. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The Rockets don't need more offense. It's good to have players that can thrive without the ball in their hands. Lin will never be the best he can be playing next to Harden. Also, Harden is a below average defender so the Rockets could use a defensive presence at the point. Just because I don't think Lin fits in with what is best for the Rockets doesn't mean I think he is a bad player.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Why does every *****in thread turn into a Lin discussion, what the f*** is wrong with you guys???!!! This is getting so annoying, every thread gets derailed by you guys.

3. basketballholic

I'm hoping Atlanta matches and Milwaukee is left looking for a starting point guard. The ideal trade for Lin in my mind is Lin and TJones for Ilyasoa and possibly Udoh's expiring. Nice, clean, sweet. All assets that can be used and traded later in a megatrade for the 3rd superstar.

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Do you think Atlanta should match?

5. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

guys.. Lin is better than teague. lol

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This is a basketball forum, why wouldn't we discuss basketball? Lin and Teague are almost identical in every way, same age, stats and now contracts. Since Lin has been pounded on CF about his contract, its only fair to compare them and debate whether Lin is overpaid.

7. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

You also have to consider that the Bucks are likely paying the "I hope they don't match this RFA offer sheet" premium. The Rockets also had to pay this premium when signing Lin to his offer sheet in order to preclude the Knicks from matching. It's tough to get fair value for free agents these days with the league talent diluted as it is and the lack of a hard cap. It's not surprising that both of them are overpaid given the circumstances of their contracts.

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Question wasn't posed to me, but I've followed the Hawks closely for many years so I'll answer: yes

I don't think the Hawks can afford not to.

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Put me in this camp as well. Followed the Hawks closely for many years and know their PG tribulations and missteps. This is one they shouldnt eff up but I think they will. (Plus, I guess he doesn't want the Hawks to match).

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>With tonight's deadline looming, I'm still hearing Hawks won't match Bucks' offer sheet for Teague.</p>&mdash; Gery Woelfel (@GeryWoelfel) <a href="https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/statuses/356161162599071745">July 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>RT <a href="https://twitter.com/ajchawks">@ajchawks</a>: Hawks will match the offer sheet to Jeff Teague. Back in Atlanta. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23ATLHawks&amp;src=hash">#ATLHawks</a></p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/356177359575060481">July 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Bucks' relationship with Jennings just got more strained/awkward.

13. nono

nono Member

All this hoopla about Lin's contract and we find out today that he's not even overpaid. This is the going rate for a starting point guard.

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Absolutely.

The bottom line, unfortunately, is that everything gets framed through the lens of the big boys. Dwight leaving the Lakers is the latest example, but Lin's departure from New York is another. The Knicks fed the media the line of how Lin's contract would hurt them and "journalists" took it hook, line and sinker. The reality that it doesn't work that way for other teams... that's too complicated (and only involves little old Houston) to sum up in 140 characters. So most don't acknowledge it.

(And yes, I understand that Lin will actually be paid $14.9 million next season, but unless you're the personal accountant for an owner, it doesn't matter.)

15. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Jennings will probably be pissed now knowing that he's plan B. Given the dried up PG FA, I hope the Bucks aren't dumb enough to give Jennings a 4 yr/44 mil contract just to get him to stay. I'd rather just tank.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I said it earlier: He should sign the qualifying offer, prove himself worth a dime and be unrestricted next summer.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd do Asik, Lin, Jones or Motiejunas and picks for Jennings and Ilyasova.

Jennings/Beverley
    Harden/Garcia
    Parsons/Garcia
    Ilyasova/Jones(Motiejunas)
    Howard/Smith

Would be one hell of a team

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I would be ecstatic if I were a Bucks fan. At least management swallowed its pride and pretty much admitted what a horrendous player Brandon Jennings is. Not worth more than Jeff Teague IMO. It's too bad they will probably be stuck with him though.

19. splendidchen

splendidchen Member

That's just too bad of a trade.

Jennings is no better than Lin, and he's asking for more than Lin is making.
    While Ilyasova is a great fit, Asik is more valuable than him. You can trade the two straight up any day if you really want.
    No to mention giving up Jones or DMo and picks for nothing.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well IMO Jennings is just a little better then Lin. He's a year younger, but most importantly a much better fit for our team. He's a good 3pt shooter, spot up shooter and PnR scorer. He plays with the ball in his hands a lot but in our system i'm sure his role will be reduced to catch and shoot player, which is great because that's what he's best at. He would really thrive playing with Harden and Howard.

Ersan Ilyasova would also thrive playing with Harden and Howard with his great shooting, 3pt shooting, spot up shooting and ability to play completely off the ball, both Ilyasova and Jennings are glove fits with the team.

Lin and now Asik do not fit with our team, if you think they're more valuable then Jennings and Ilyasova that's your opinion but to me we would probably have to throw in Jones or Motiejunas and picks.

Lol just a made up trade idea though