1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teague to Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tmactoyao, Jul 10, 2013.

1. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Yes, if Lin was playing on most other teams he'd be a very productive guard and easily worth his contract dollars. On the Rockets his role is marginalised as it overlaps with Harden's game. However, he's still a valuable player to the team.

2. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

8 mil a year?! Damn boy.

3. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

ahhh the bucks...simmons and lowe said something interesting on their last podcast...their owner refuses to rebuild/tank...got to respect that in some ways...but it also explains their moves...see teague as a lateral move instead of jennings, but at least they save money

4. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Something about Aaron brooks.

Anyone but Jeremy.

And please keep Lin out of this thread....we don't need you guys polluting the NBA dish as well

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Not a chance Lin gets left out. Plenty of NBA dish threads have rockets tied in interest in mind.

Teague has always been considered a comparative to Lin and discussed in possible sign and trade scenarios with Atlanta. With the belief that Teague would get a little less and be fair "actual" value.

Maybe this is just the baseline rate of good starting point guards. Consider Jose Calderon as well (1.5 mil a year too much I think but this is the market rate)

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's the same as our situation but their GM sucks and ours is definitely top 5.

7. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

They have played against each other a total of 3 times and only once did Lin have a game that was much better than Teague's. Teague shot better from the field, 3pt line, and ft line last year while averaging more points and assists. Teague also had a better TS%, assist ratio, and turnover ratio. The only thing Lin did better than Teague last year was rebound. The two are close but almost every statistic and advanced statistic points to Teague being the slightly better player.

8. conquistador#11

8 mil a year is average for a 1000 pt, 500 ast not in their rookie contract. however, that fourth year, that kind of suspends the flexibility that a glorious man like maury seeks to have. You're only good as your flexibility. I like it for Millly-wauu-kee. It's better than paying 12 mil to Brandon jennings, who can't even shoot 40% from the field.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Aaron Brooks' Jumper

"I hope Lin develops to have ABJ."

10. BayAreaBaller

BayAreaBaller Member

Teague also did not have to play next to a ball-dominant wing player. Had they switched places last season, I'd bet a lot of money that Lin would have put up better numbers than Teague on similar (if not better) efficiency. It's all moot, obviously but you can't simply point to stats and say Teague is the "slightly better player." There are variables that affected the stat lines they put up.

11. ILoveWhiteGirls

Look at their head to head match-up from last year and then come back and talk to me, lol.

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Harden Howard Horford in H-Town

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Head to head matchups should be way below full year performance, which others in this thread have pointed out, Teague was better than Lin last year by almost every statistical measure.

However, fit should be considered. Lin is better when he's not next to a ball dominant wing scorer....

.... BUT he's definitely not good enough to be that ball dominant backcourt player, so on any good team he will likely be next to a better backcourt/wing player. In that sense, Lin needs to learn how to adjust his game even more to fit with that type of player... OR try and get traded to a perennial losing team.

As we just have twitter comments now, perhaps the 4th year in Teague's contract IS a team option.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Anybody But Jeremy.

Found this out a couple days ago... :rolleyes:

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

NBJs, "Yes!"

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Larry Drew trying to bring the Atlanta Hawks up north.

17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I hope the Hawks don't match and go full tank mode so they can trade us Horford. He would be an awesome PF next to Dwight at a modest contract. Our Big 3 can be called "Triple H"!

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

They only played against each other twice last year. During the first game they played at a similar level and then Lin outplayed Teague in the second game but that's not enough to say Lin is better than Teague. Go look at how Harden played against Paul George last year. Harden was terrible in both games and George dominated the first one. However, I still think Harden is the better player.

19. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Teague is better than Lin

20. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I don't doubt Lin's ability to play well in a situation where he can dominate the ball. However, I also don't think Lin is good enough to carry a team so if he can't be good off the ball that doesn't make him a very good player to me. Teague was similarly as efficient two years ago playing next to a ball dominate Joe Johnson. So while you say that Lin could have had similar efficiency playing in Teague's situation, I think Teague would have had even better efficiency playing on the Rockets last year and taking wide open 3 pointers like Lin was.