1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Teacher Leaves Wife, Kids for High School Student

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmoney1101, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Classic

Classic Member

What an embarrassment to the wife and kids.

2. Vivid

Vivid Member

:confused:

3. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

WHY ARE THEY ALWAYS HOT!?!

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Big deal.

It won't last - she will leave him.

The wife is sour grapes.

5. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

no.

he has kid(s) they are his primary responsibility.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Do you really believe this:

Jordan met her teacher as a freshman, but both maintain nothing physical happened until she turned 18 this past September. Hooker claims he saw Powers as "just a student" and had no romantic feelings toward her at first, but when her most recent birthday came around, things changed.

He's lying through his teeth. The guy took advantage of a weak-minded student. Jordan has now stopped going to classes and is finishing out her senior year by doing an independent study. She has limited contact with her mom, now that she's living with her teacher, mom's worst nightmare. Fortunately, her mother will be there to pick up the pieces when this thing breaks off.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I will admit that I see that no law is broken, and no one is saying that there is, but... come on, now... you draw the line somewhere and think "these things shouldn't happen."

You think you're letting your kids go to school to a safe environment where teachers are respectful and do their job without getting involved this way with your kids... but... ARGH, this pisses me off. :mad:

Make "teachers" sign an affidavit before they sign in to teach at a school that they will NEVER be romantically involved with any of their students or their students' families before, while, or AFTER their tenure.

There are some limits out there and this should be one of them. :eek: I also think that he disrespected his own children... I can't put the words down to describe that, but... now way I would do that to my kids.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The daughter is 18 so the children are old enough, that is no point. The "stay together for your kids" argument is BS if one of the parents is unhappy with the relationship. I've seen the same with my parents and I applaude my mother for breaking up with my dad, because it led to her having a way better life and being happy again after years. You will never be happy if you stay in a broken relationship if you just do it for your kids. And trust me the kids will get over it and may feel better after some time, cause I guess the marriage the teacher and his wife had was not fulfilling.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And we can't assume the girl is being manipulated if we don't know better, there's a good chance she really has a clear mind and loves the guy.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Most girls are pretty fickle, but especially highschool girls. They can be in love with you one week and hate you the next. You can't really believe a word that comes out of their mouth.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

dude has a look of complete satisfaction. like a boss.

1 person likes this.
  12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ha-uagjJQ9k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

OoohhK! They are both consenting adults at this point and they both seem fine with the situation. It doesn't not appear he is acting as a sexual predator. (having a history and him willing to resign)

However, it is unlikely she will not regret this in the future.

14. Nero

Nero Member

It's an unusual situation, but why is the automatic response that the GUY pursued the GIRL?

Hello people. I would say there is at LEAST an even chance, if not higher, that it was the girl who pursued the guy. More and more over the last few years, younger women have been making it clear they prefer older men, and have no interest in guys their own age. It's still a tiny fraction, but it has been growing.

And if some reasonably attractive young girl swears she is attracted to some guy in his 40's (teacher or not), and swears she loves him and wants a future, then the victim may well turn out to be the man in this case; it could be an overwhelming sensation for the guy to feel young and wanted again like when he was that age. Or, maybe he NEVER got to feel that way when he was younger, maybe this was the first time in his entire life that a 'pretty young thing' has shown interest in him.

On top of that, notice the story does not mention the girl's father, only her mother. Ding ding ding. Broken home there too, is my guess. Little girl grows up with daddy issues. And then sits in classrooms for four years, exposed to this particular teacher in one capacity or another, in her mind, perhaps the daddy vacuum creates an infatuation, obsession, then eventually protestations of love and desire. It COULD be that way. But it is certainly doubtful that it will be a long-lasting relationship.

Or, especially with this being California, where the mentalities have become so twisted, it could be this girl's plan to marry this guy, stay a couple years, maybe have a child, and then leave, thus setting herself up basically for life with a guaranteed income, and still having whatever prospects she might have wanted for her future.

Now I am not saying this is the case here, or that I even suspect it (I did not watch the video), I am just saying, it makes no sense to just always assume that the guy is the predator in a case like this, without at least considering the possibility that it was the other way around.

Mr. Holland's Opus, anyone? ;)

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I agree that she will maybe regret it in the future, but we are not to judge them when we do not know their inner feelings. Hell yea it sounds strange that the girls wants to live with the 40+ year old teacher, but it may be true love and they could have a better relationship than other people.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

That chick will get tired of him in like 2 years at most.

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ As much as you're defending this, Yung, sounds like you're the guy... or even the girl... in the scenario. :(

Anyway:
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXdivQmKMTE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXdivQmKMTE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

LOL @ the top comments. Agreed.

I guess MATCH.com or eHARMONY.com didn't work for the dude... so he was eying young girls, waited for them to turn 18, and waited to see who bit the bait.

Would like to help the mom get all those records... to get a Jury to make the dude go to jail. :eek: There's gotta be a law somewhere.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    I'm a dude and only search for girls that are around my age and would never do that. But you can't assume something and want him to go to jail or say he's a pedophile automatically. I agree that in most of these cases the old person is probably a perv and abuses the young one, but that story here makes me believe both are serious about their relationship.

19. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

LMAOOO

20. esteban

esteban Member

Modesto CA officially becomes Molesto CA.