1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teacher goes on racist rant, not realizing Zoom was on.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jiggyfly, Apr 9, 2021.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

LOL, at this point, I'm just amazed at how you keep trying and trying.

It's a National topic...YET
    You can't find state data YET...
    So much for "Find 3 states blacks have a better unemployemnt rates and I'll discuss" that was a lie. Maybe the teacher was right, black people DO lie, especially you.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't care about the state by state data that's your criteria. But YOU

You want me to address something not there that is your issue and talk **** about it?

In conclusion
    You brought up state by state
    I said that isn't how unemployment is addressed
    You b****ed and moaned
    I said ok give me 3 states
    You gave a bad source or a source you didn't understand
    I politely pointed out your mistake
    You still talking ****

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Be a man, honor your word.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

b**** please. It's not there. You already tried. I said it's not a topic.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@JayGoogle

I wrote pick states blacks have better rates. You haven't done that yet. Your source is wrong

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No it isn't. You're confused by dates is all lol.

[​IMG]

Last chance. Be a man pgabs, do what you said you'd do or else I stop giving you attention...

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It's still on you to choose 3 states where blacks have lower rates

I don't see a state or rate

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

My god, I did ALREADY. If you weren't so busy cussing me out you'd see that...Pictures now instead.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I wasn't confused by dates. I didn't understand how the site worked.

I don't know what's going on in New York. It's interesting but I will not speculate on specifics. Your information is not current. The other state differences are insignificant

The March 2021 unemployment rate for Hispanics is 8.2%.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t03.htm

The March 2021 unemployment rate for Blacks is 9.9%
    https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t02.htm

That is a difference of 1.7%. So if you want to argue Blacks aren't doing as well as overall but we got New York held down that's fine you can have that. You win New York.

You won New in the last 3 months of last year. You proved your point that blacks aren't in the worst condition everywhere just 49 states.

That is still only one metric. The household income difference is $11K a year. That's significant. The graduation rates aren't significant but slightly better. You're only trying to make us look good and only victims of racism. I'm trying to address black problems. Its only so much that can be done in regards to racism but that isn't giving up, that is saying the internal problems have to be addressed. You keep saying things like i want to criticize blacks. I hope by now you understand I'm black. If you have a problem holding yourself back you have to be honest about it. So no I didn't speculate differences in the states I guess I'm not a man of my word.

#491 pgabriel, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Once again, these are national numbers, not by state, but I digress.

My argument isn't that we win New York. My argument is that if you're making an overall cultural argument then it doesn't logically follow that a national culture would yield different results in different areas of the country, especially since you think the culture is so toxic.

My wild guess as to why states are different is because those states listed are very high in black population and thus likely have a stronger local political force that looks out for them. Just a wild guess though.

I proved another metric with graduation rates earlier. My only point with doing this was showing that your culture argument doesn't really hold true, it's not consistent although it should be, it's not. And since we were talking about education the graduation rates showed that. There is a reason why no one studying the wage gap seriously thinks its a 'culture' thing, because that's such a vague term that encompasses a lot of things and in the end...means nothing. It means nothing.

I didn't actually care if you discussed the differences in states, I wanted you to confront your theory and how it might be wrong. These are complicated issues, trying to boil it down to just one thing is silly, but my argument is that 'culture' has a minor to 0 effect on outcomes because most people discussing culture can't even define what it is. Culture exists, but relatively and regionally.

If I were to ask you what is black culture what would be your response? Next time someone brings that up, ask them. I guarantee you if they give you an answer at all they'll just rant and rave about rap music and gangs, as if THAT is black culture. Black culture is not any of the things you think it is. It's Christian, just like white and hispanic america, black people believe in the same family structure and same family ideals as white and hispanic people and Asian people.

In the end, promoting stereotypes literally never works. All we can do is change policy to make sure things are as equal and fair as possible, we can't legislate behavior. We can't force black women, for example, to marry and stay married. I don't know if you realize this but this has been a talking point for decades.

I think you, based on your posting history, are so scared of being labeled a 'victim' and thus 'weak' that you think being extremely critical makes you feel better...but the cycle of poverty is real and it's pretty damn bad in this country. Not just for blacks but anyone poor, it's very difficult for poor people to flip their circumstances without decades of work...and since black people started off behind and were held back from success not even 100 years ago, then it makes sense that more would be behind.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm not scared of looking like anything. I want to end the cycle of poverty. My comparison to Hispanics is to say they improve by not complaining about racism. They improve within the system as an it is because they appreciate this country.

We b**** about everything. Our history is tragic but it's time to move forward. To make public education work as it is for example we have to also do the work.

I don't talk about culture, I talk about inner city dysfunction

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@JayGoogle

I know they are national numbers. There is no purpose of breaking them down. You are the one worried about looks. You want to break them just to look positive somewhere. You are not focus on solving problems

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If you're not talking culture then what is the point? Inner-city dysfunction applies to EVERYONE that lives in poor conditions, why point out black people as if they operate differently from other people?

No, once again, I worry that people like you encourage negative stereotypes that black people are inherently inferior. These stereotypes we KNOW DO actually ruin lives. We see it literally every day. You cause more problems with your discourse than solve.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Because we are last. They aren't stereotypes.. You're worried about the wrong thing. Is the cycle of poverty a myth?

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Cycle of poverty isn't a myth I just said that, but black people operate no differently than white people or hispanic people going through it.

Unless you believe that black people just operate differently than others or something...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You keep saying black people as if I'm talking about black people. I'm not and I think you know that. Oprah Winfrey isn't the cycle of poverty. Neither are you