1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tea party ideology, and what it will lead to

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rhadamanthus, Sep 27, 2011.

1. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Just a very obvious example.

Rand Paul blocks pipeline safety bill on "principle"

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rand Paul is one of the biggest asses in congress. Crap like this on top of his insane stance on civil rights is disgraceful.

3. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The Tea party is a joke, it is a bunch of old people who wish that blacks would still have to sit at the back of the bus and drink from a different fountain.

They will die off as that generation turns to worm food.

DD

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The screw government spending but don't touch my SS/medicare crowd bothers me the most.

6. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

You'd think the oil and gas industry would be against the bill. Funny.

7. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Ironically, if this bill is not passed they will be at the mercy of the Obama admin. Ergo, the support.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

This is what happens when people treat political ideology like dogma.

Dude needs to learn to think critically.

9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

His name's Rand for God's sake. Dude has no chance.

1 person likes this.
  10. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Interesting. With that in mind, I'd rather see new rules being drafted by industry experts working with the administration than Congress. As this demonstrates, Congress is very good at acting on political whims. Strangely enough, I have more confidence in the HMSA than I do in Congress.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I tried to find a comment from Rand Paul that explains his position, and specifically what he thinks should be done to address pipeline safety instead of government regulation. But, I can't find anything. I'd consider an argument if he had one.

Perhaps he wants the Obama Administration to take care of the safety and then he can sit in the back and criticize how it's being done for a talking point in the next election?

12. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Like any political party or movement its the loose coalition of random interests. But I think to stereotype the entire tea party as racists and religious nets is like calling all Democrats communists, vegans and homosexuals.

I think there is an ever-increasing power residing at the federal level, and people feel the government is continuing to encroach on virtually every facet of their lives and the markets, which is not what this country was founded on. Some elements of the tea party are a backlash against excessive government power and are trying to regulate that.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

gaaaa! More regulation! Even the Tea Party is trying to regulate people. Et tu, Brute? :mad:

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

indeed

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

What's worse is his name is actually Randall, but he chooses to go by "Rand".

16. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Regulation is getting worse and worse and worse. We've got Sarbanes Oxley, Dodd Frank and countless other continued regulations and healthcare costs that limit our companies and business' ability to get a clear view of what is happening.

The field keeps changing and so the jobs aren't coming back.

We've have 3 years of the policies you boys are parroting and I hate to break it to you but ITS NOT WORKING.

Unemployment is not getting better and thats a barometer of the failures of this administration.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

If you believe him, he says he wasn't named after Ayn Rand.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

so deregulation and tax cuts led to the biggest recession since the great depression and your solution is more deregulation.

do you even remember what led to sarbanes oxley?

19. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

The crazy thing is that the failures in Spain and these nations of governments providing much, much more than people actually create is type of belief's that many people here think we should go towards.

Strict government control over hiring and firing etc. will not have you keep you job but will have the unemployment rates rise and business will find a way around it and people will be hurt.

Thats not the direction we should be going in.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

"strict government control over hiring and firing"? what are you even talking about?