1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TD to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rajc17, Dec 10, 2002.

1. rajc17

rajc17 Member

As long as we are talking about bringin in a new Power Forward to Houston. The biggest free agent next season other than Jason Kidd is gonna be Timmy Duncan. Why not dump out MO T, Cat, and Kenny Thomas and even Eddie Griffin. And put another 7 footer next to the Dynasty and bring back the twin towers back to the H. And let Frachise work the backcourt.

Duncan got no body in SA after Robinson leaves, no one other than him can score. We already messed it up when we did not make the final push for Webber, so lets go get Duncan. Aint no one gonna be stopping the Rockets after that.

2. JLB

JLB Member

I got one word for you, MONEY.

You're going to be in some big trouble Mister. Never post a miss leading thread title. You should be ashamed of yourself.:mad:

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

Actually, money wouldnt be an issue here since any trade would have to involve similar amounts of money on both sides.

4. derrock

derrock Member

Why not get Jason Kidd too?? I mean, if we can get Duncan, we can probably get Kidd. Who cares if we have Stevie...if they're true professionals and want to win a championship, they'll work it out for at least one season. Hey...since everyone will probably sacrifice for us...get Elton Brand and Andre Miller too. Money problems?? Again, if they really wanted to win a championship, they'd sign for less money.

:rolleyes:

5. JLB

JLB Member

Why don't we just sign the Western All-Star team.:rolleyes:

I heard they're pretty good.:D

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Member

Shoot, why not go after McGrady while we're at it. After Kidd and Duncan come here, I'm sure he'd demand a trade. Garnett would then give up a chunk of his salary to play alonside them.

7. Holden

Holden Member

"Who throws a shoe??! ..Honestly!"
    -Austin Powers

8. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Member

But we wouldn't have sunk low enough to get Yao.;)

9. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

What does Terrell Davis have to do with the Rockets?

10. codell

codell Member

My take on this is pretty simple.

1) We will be at or over the cap at the end of the season, so we cant sign Duncan or Kidd.

2) Duncan or Kidd are not going to take the MCE when they can get $8 mil more per season somewhere else.

3) No way San Antonio is going to trade Duncan (sign and trade) to a team in their own division, much less their biggest rival.

After this season ends, free agent wise, I would look for the Rockets to try and shore up our backcourt depth. I really see that as our only real priority, depending on how our rotation at the 3 shapes up as the season progresses.

11. Bogey

Bogey Member

I keep reading all these stupid trade rumors/suggestions, what's wrong with letting this team grow together. Besides adding a few fillers, I think this team has almost everything it needs. Just give Eddie a little time (he is only 20 yrs old) he will grow into our PF of future. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: