1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taxes 2017

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ubiquitin, Jan 8, 2017.

?

What are you using this year to file your taxes?

1. TurboTax

29 vote(s)
    59.2%
  2. TaxAct

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. H&R Block

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Pen and paper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

12 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Using TurboTax.

I'm a CPA.

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

So I am watching the news and much to my surprise, there were long lines outside the post offices like it was 1986. In this day and age why?

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

People probably trying to mail in extension payments on time. They need to be postmarked as of the 18th or it's considered late. Maybe some paper filings as well.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Used TurboTax. Have used it for many years. It keeps getting easier and easier and cuts down the time needed to do my return. Many years ago when I had my own business I used a CPA who died shortly after completing and submitting my return and I always worried what would happen if I was audited. So I started using TurboTax to better understand and control my returns. Then years later after relocating for work to Houston area I worried that my return would be very complicated due to relocation benefits so I went to a CPA in the area. I should have done a better job interviewing and deciding to choose him... he was big on battling the government and aggressively reducing tax liability. Unfortunately, too aggressive it turns out. the next year I was hit with an audit, and paid for his aggressiveness. Went back to TurboTax after that bad experience and been much happier ever since.

This past year my older daughter was struggling with what was a very simple return, so I tried out a free web version offered by HR Block. Much prefer TurboTax.

5. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I read "Texas 2017" leaving disappointed.