1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tatum Bell?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rezdawg, Oct 12, 2007.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Given our struggles running the ball, the on and off injuries of Green, and the 2.0 ypc from Ron Dayne...would you guys be interested in bringing in Tatum Bell? Plus, it could help he's been coached by Kubs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3060642

Upon learning that he will used be as a backup following his team's bye week, halfback Tatum Bell has informed the Detroit Lions through his agent that he wants to be traded.

Bell, acquired in a trade from the Broncos during the offseason, entered the regular season as the starter. But last year's starter Kevin Jones has gradually been getting more playing time in recent weeks, and Bell's carries diminished in the second half of last Sunday's loss at Washington.

Bell's agent, Jeffrey Griffin, talked to the Lions late this week and expressed his concerns about his client's future in Detroit. With the trading deadline set for next Tuesday and teams in need of running backs, Griffin suggested a trade, although the team informed him he was a valuable part of the offense.

After the season, Bell is a free agent and wants to use this year to enhance his value. He has 44 carries for 182 yards this season in five games.

2. tulexan

tulexan Member

Wouldn't surprise me. He is a former Bronco and did well under Kubiak.

3. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Don't see him coming here. Mike Shanahan didn't like him in Denver because he danced too much so I doubt Kubiak would like him. Besides Detriot would ask for a first day pick which the Texans wouldn't do. I rather go after Mewalde Moore.

4. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Also watch out for Adimchinobe Echemandu. If Gado and Dayne continue to struggle, he could get a chance is a perfect fit in this system.

5. Locke

Locke Member

Trades are extremely rare within the season. Note that the Bucs were starving for another RB and decided to dust off Zack Crockett instead of trading for Mwelde Moore.

6. johnrox

johnrox Member

i would, but not if the texans have to give up anything higher than a 5th rounder or so...

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Another thing to consider is that he is going to be a free agent after this season...therefore, I dont see any team spending higher than a 5th.

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I can't see Detroit asking for that high of a pick for Bell. Like others have said I could see the Texans using a 5th round pick on him.

I'd much rather see Green and Bell spliting carries then Green and Dayne.

9. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Why would the Lions trade him for a 5th with Kevin Jones being injury prone.

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

yeah, I don't see them trading him this season. KJ is injury prone and Tatum is a decent player

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

The Lions also picked up TJ Duckett during the offseason, but Bell is definitely the better RB.

Bell would be a nice pickup, but I wouldn't want to give up a 1st day pick for him.

12. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

Look at the shot caller! Gado out and Echemandu in.