1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tari Eason too good to ignore

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

The no one will relieve us of Brooks contract is just hyperbole. Number one 2 years from now 20m will be the going rate for a defensive role player. Hell, the Net’s just paid Cam 104m who is a one trick pony. Number 2 the Rockets will be able to create max space easily as early as next year and FVV’s contract will be tradeable for a disgruntled star as early as next year. You guys really need to chill out.

Shroopy2, burlesk and Zen Tabak like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Why would FVV be disgruntled? His role is solidified for the next two years. He’s a guaranteed starter unless Amen miraculously develops a perimter shot.

4. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Or Maskeli Besler :)

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Don't tell to Rockets media. They might get a heart-attack.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

wat an elite list of names.

harold bingo likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

How come Sengun is not on that list? He had the 5th most offensive rebounds in the league.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

I love this kid. He hustles like crazy and has mad skills. A few rough edges, but he is definitely a keeper.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Completely agree .... the Brooks signing was crazy to me because of how well Tari played as a rookie - He was their best 3 point shooter (of any volume before someone says Garuba and his .4 attempts per game like it qualifies).
    Spending that ~16% of the cap on Brooks just didn't add up ....

Sure, they needed more veteran leadership than Just FVV but should have done it another position .... Center would have been the place to start - which apparently they did try with Lopez - there were several options I'd have preferred over Landale ..... who got the 3rd richest contract at the C spot in this years FA (WTF?).

Maybe Brooks is a tradable piece with the declining contract, in the final two seasons of his deal he will account for 13% & 11% of the cap total ..... that may be a bargain deal for a team needing wing help at the deadline in .... 2025 or 26. Ugh.

Drift Monkey and GotGame15 like this.
  11. Rokman

Rokman Member

All I know is, after summer league, Tari and Jabari have me wanting to watch every game this season. Those two look like they are ready to come in and win.

12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I’m super excited about our roster. Every day I think more and more about the hustle and grit we have in both players and coaches. The attitude is going to be infectious. Tari, Jabari, Brooks on the wing defending like hell. Alpi and FVV dishing dimes. Cam and Amen showing glimpses of an ever brighter future. Add in Green and KPJ improvements and seriously this team is set for the future.

Looking forward to this coming to fruition in about 88 days.

Losmi_34, clos4life, Mathloom and 5 others like this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I like Eason a lot, but he seems to me to be just a good hustle player, I don’t see him as more than that.

DD

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

No way. That guy has an inate feel for the game. He's one of those rare breeds that keeps the flow of the game at a high level and reads the floor instinctively.

15. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Really poor take. You can spout how KPJ is the most talented player on the Rockets while saying Tari is simply a hustle player? Tari in reality is the most well rounded player on this team. As much as I like Sengun, there really aren’t holes in his game, Tarsi’s game. He’s more likely to turn into Draymond than KPJ is to turn into…. (Insert whoever you feel he has potential to compare to).

#115 CVcrew, Jul 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2023
    Drift Monkey and Ankara1923 like this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Reverse DD curse.

Tari will be the next Kawhi!

17. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Tari is the second best player in this squad after Alperen Sengun.

Alp and Tari are the only untouchable players, all other young core (JGreen/Bari/Amen/Cam/TyTy comeback/Mayer/Hinton) are welcomed to stay as long as possible but not as important as Alp&Tari.

FVV and Dillon are salary fillers. will leave when our young core will be paid non-rookie contracts.

Drift Monkey and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is precisely the ignorance of NBA people ......that he is not getting better and expanding his game.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  19. MultipleSauces

Tari will be our starting 3 in 2 years

Drift Monkey and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Of course he can, the entire team can....he just seems like an uber complimentary player to me, and that is great....he is my favorite player on the team.

I just don't see star...but would love to be wrong here.....love his hustle and defense and rebounding.

DD