1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tari Eason too good to ignore

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Oct 9, 2022.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Jock Landale is the backup C and Tate can be the backup PF. There's also the 2 ways Darius Days, Hudgins and the new dude they signed.

Rox already msxxed out as is imo.

2. invocux

invocux Member

We are not winning anything unless one of them develops into a superstar. I don't remember when was the last time a team w/o superstar won everything. I'd like us to be Kings first.

MystikArkitect and kspires999 like this.
  3. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

You’d probably have to go back to the 2004 Pistons. Although they didn’t have a “superstar”- Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, and Rasheed Wallace were very, very solid players and were all capable of hitting huge shots in big moments. That Piston team was also incredible fundamentally, defensively, and had amazing depth and was well coached. Tayshaun Prince and Ben Wallace were awesome players as well.

My 15 year old self was very very happy when they beat the Lakers with the ring chasing Karl Malone, Gary Payton… and pretty much ended the Shaq & Kobe era.

4. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

All of them will be superstar.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They will all combine to be one mega superstar. Like a megazoid

6. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He was arguably our best player last season. Want to see if he can continue that progress ina better situation and more suitable role

burlesk likes this.
  7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I been off the kpj primary pg experiment since Jalens rookie year when we acquired Schroder. Not because I wanted Schroeder but becsue it was pretty clear KPJ was never goin to be the type of floor general we need. I like KPJ being agressive on offense. He’s been our best scorer for two years.

I just want to see KPJ played to his strengths

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He was almost as good as Brooks last year as a rookie already which is why it frustrates me that he won't get as much of a chance to blossom with Brooks here.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Tari Eason is why we shouldn't have signed Dillon Brooks. Unnecessary move.

Easy, luckyman76 and Ren ason like this.
  10. Joerex Jamisola

Tari Eason is good defensively and can rebound but he is forcing shot on offensive end and no handles.

justinh likes this.
  11. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I keep forgetting we have Tate lol

Brooks and Jabari will likely start but Tari should back both of them up tbh

Amen should backup FVV
    KPJ should backup Green
    Bari may play a lot of small ball 5 this year which should create more minutes for Tari at the 4

justinh likes this.
  12. vince

vince Member

It’s interesting that right now it seems like an embarrassment of riches in terms of talent. There are so many guys who could be elite players with the talent they have. Green, Segune, Jabari, Amen, Whitmore, Tari…. All of those guys still have a lot of promising untapped talent.

KPJ, Tate, Brooks, and Fred VanVleet are veterans who have carved out a niche as legit players. I’m glad the KPJ at point guard experience is over, he’s a scorer with great passing as a scorer; I don’t think he’s a floor general. FYI, assist’s don’t make the floor generals that make the gears go!

Hopefully the group can gel and play as a team! Playground basketball isn’t winning anything in the NBA.

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Tari will most likely be traded before his rookie contract expires. Either Tari or Bari will Be traded before their rookie deals end . Cant pay all three of Brooks, and nobody will relieve us of Brooks to keep him. They’re goin to pay Jalen, and he’ll probably end up making at least 30 aav. Probabaly will pay Sengun. That means one of Tari or Jabari won’t make it to the next contract with the Rockets.

I came to that realization once I saw the final contract for Brooks. Hopefully Tari keeps building his stock up so we can sell High

14. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

He looks much better with both.

Truly think Tari is going to end up a killer.

Rox have a good nucleus of young dudes to grow and mold into a serious threat on both ends of the court. Will be interesting to see what Udoka's done by season end. How much will they progress?

15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Tari can probably become a similar player to Bridges. They both have the same limitations but Tari is more gifted physically

Ren ason likes this.
  16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Tari is the hardest pit in the litter

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

It'll be frustrating to see Tari come off the bench behind Brooks when he's clearly going to be the better player, but at least Brooks was talking about working with and developing Tari. At least Eason will be able to learn from an experienced vet as he grows. Sucks that Brooks' contract is four years.

Easy, Believe It! and mfastx like this.
  18. MystikArkitect

Can't win without a Top 5 player in the league typically. In probably the last 30-40 years the only team to have won a chip without a Top 5 player are the mid 2000s Pistons with their one title. It's why I'm low on building teams around middling athletes that can't pass. You can make it work with Luka, Paolo, Jokic and Harden. But to be a wing and be a Top 5 player you basically need to be Kobe (freak), Durant (freak), MJ (freak) or Kawhi (freak). Dirk is probably the lone example of a wing with bad defense that was the best player in the league at his peak but he was basically Game 6 Klay for an entire season and he was 7'-0". The extreme outlier.

19. cazyapma

cazyapma Member

Like Voltron?

Ankara1923, Dobbizzle and Ren ason like this.
  20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

My thought as well. If James Harden can get dealt for cash reasons, any "4th big contract" is at risk.

mac_got_this likes this.