1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tari Eason to have surgery, out for season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 2, 2024.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's pretty stupid and shows how out of control some people are.

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Doesn’t matter if you play a sport or not, the Houston med center have experts for everything.He’ll get quality treatment

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t agree - chains are chains and they are all over Houston, NYC and Chicago. You are going to find more diverse and quality in Houston than shockingly even Chicago and Los Angeles. Houston is more spread out because it has more land and isn’t all in a dense downtown. I live in Chicago, and assure you there are a lot of bad local restaurants. The only real advantage Chicago has is its age - but the immigrants of the past and their food is quickly gone in Chicago.

backwardhead likes this.
  4. Amel

Amel Member

Wow...disnt expect this, but glad its benign

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Don't fret that one, the toxicity level that people treat each other daily here is higher than what PhD students encounter on daily basis.

Y'all get an A+ on the subject matter of condescension.

Doctors applauded ordinary people to acquire a common knowledge on their health and that of their dearly loved ones, at least from where I have been.

It's beyond the advanced 21st Century and you are still being crucified/burnt for wanting to know a little more than others.
    Or for speaking out.

#65 daywalker02, Mar 3, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

I’m gonna assume the medical folks did the best they could. I get that sometimes you need to see how an injury responds to rest before you consider surgery. I’m hopeful Tari will be fully recovered and ready to play early next season. Don’t bet against a full Tari comeback!

AroundTheWorld and daywalker02 like this.
  7. OkayAyeReloaded

Get well Tari. Take your time, work on your body, game, study film, and come back even better next season.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Has there ever been a case in sports like this????? What were the results? Any cases of guys/girls coming back and being fine and having a long career?

I don't trust their words at all.

Show me the data.....of any player man or woman with a rod in a similar situation where they remove bone, graft in some more and they came back the same or ok......

I don't believe for one second this will be only 4 months......and not linger.....

DD

*Edit* A quick Google search unearthed "Paul George" who had a much worse injury but does have a rod...that is decent news.

#68 DaDakota, Mar 3, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
    AroundTheWorld and Rocket River like this.
  9. BonziWellsGOAT

Imperial capital? Not sure if you realize but it hasn't been an empire in a while.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Get well Soon Tari!

Rocket River

11. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Damn, we're never going to win the ring this year now!!!!

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Benign growth? the ****? THE ****?!?!?!??!?!?

13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I was making the simplistic assumption that the benign growth began to grow at the location of the stress fracture. Is that not correct?

He is young, I don’t think there is any reason to fear, monger hear about the status of his career.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Let him play through it. What's the worst case, he needs surgery? He’ll have all summer to heal. He can play through it.

DD

:D

15. kubli9

kubli9 Member
    Supporting Member

If it’s a full tibial rod and removing enough bone to need a bone graft, this is a serious surgery. I’d expect that he misses time next season as well. It’s virtually the same as what happened with Paul George, minus the uncontrolled trauma and any other damage to the surrounding tissues.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, and when the rod eventually gets taken out, it will be another surgery that is not insignificant.

Wondering if they considered a fixateur externe instead. I had both, and the rod caused me a lot more problems (due to a staph infection).

kubli9 likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

And that is EXACTLY what the Rockets did, it was something he had already, had been playing with it for years, and it got irritated.....so nice try - but that is right on the money.

So many folks follow around trying to point fingers - this is why social media is not taken seriously......no one cares..

I wish the best for Tari - but the lack of info on others having something similar like anywhere is not encouraging.....and I don't know how many other than George play with a rod in their leg...he is the only one - and is not the same player now that he was....still good but not near as dynamic.

DD

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets say it's days, expect it to be weeks.
    If the Rockets say it's weeks, expect it to be months.
    If the Rockets say it's months...

:(

19. Buck Turgidson

Same thing the Astros say with "discomfort"...Texans also

I think every single fanbase in every sport hates their medical staff. I think every single fanbase in every sport has miniscule medical training.

Easy likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

I know that it was Constantinople...;) Turkish food is great!