1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tari Eason to have season-ending surgery, out 4 months

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2024.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

In THIS particular case, I think they were trying to protect the value of one of their more desired/tradeable asset. The majority of teams are somewhat hesitant when they hear of a player that has had surgery with metal pins attached to their name. Like I/others have said, surgery should be the last option. They tried rest and they didn't get the results that they were looking for, now it's time to come clean and hope for the best!

I'm staying positive! There is no reason for me to think that Tari won't come back to his pre-injury form!! I think the one thing that might remain will be a cool nickname....(PINS)! ;)

Go Rockets!!!

daywalker02 and 1 other person like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the Knicks fans and Knicks were after him even when rumors were circulating.....he will have value and the Rockets are not going to trade him any time soon, unless they know for certain he does not come back 100% and is damaged good ....then the Knicks are on the clock.

BamBam likes this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I doubt he would have passed a physical post trade. There's got to be some NBA rules on disclosure of prior injuries, and diagnosis. There's also no reason why Tari would be motivated to not disclose that he has pain there, and that it's not brand new.

I don't think other team doctors will advise against trading for Tari after he's proven that he has fully rehabilitated the injury. Where this could be an issue is if in theory a team was looking to trade for Tari let's say this Summer or Fall, their team doctors would be much more concerned with the swelling, and pain from the surgery than they would from the bone. Nowadays they use more of like carbon fiber plates that are very light, and actually will make that bone stronger. If the bone was broken, or there was a growth at a joint then it would be a much different story from a "broken goods" perspective. My understanding is it's his shin area of his Tibia correct? If it was his Tibia plateau then he's most likely done playing in the NBA at least for a few years. Tibia in the shin area... that's a bone that heals faster than you'd think.

So regardless I don't see Tari being involved in trade talks at all until at least he's been playing for a few months so the doctors can see how his leg handles the increase in stress. As I mentioned before the swelling is the main issue as that usually lasts in some capacity for a full year because of the trauma of the actual surgery.

daywalker02 and BamBam like this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I just hope he won't get an infection like I did. That was hell. And I was young and healthy, too. The issue is that because the bone won't have healed together yet, you cannot take out the rod. But the staph infection was linked to the rod. So I had to take these crazy strong antibiotics for an entire year. Messed up my stomach badly. I think I also had to switch from one strong antibiotic to an even stronger one when the first one stopped working.

As soon as the rod was taken out, the infection also went away.

We need Tari back, fully healthy. I wish him the best. Seems like a great guy. Sorry he has to go through this.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I don't know why, but without the absence of even a few players playing with a rod in their leg, it just worries me....that he might be done.

DD

#85 DaDakota, Mar 4, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This might be the greatest arrangement of clauses and A-Rod ever attempted in the english language.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ah, you were the guy with the rod. Good to hear you healed up.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Maybe they can promote new bone growth using stem cells, but some court would say he can't because a baby might grow in his leg.

Or even A-rod:

[​IMG]

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It was 25 years ago.

I was born with an (unlucky) congenital deformation of one of my legs, so I spent half of my childhood on crutches, getting LOTS of surgeries. Missed almost an entire year in elementary school, lying at home with a cast, being immobilized (nowadays that would not be done anymore). They took some callus from my hip when I was like 7 or 8 and broke my leg and put that in there, the thought was it would help it to heal faster or whatever. So many stupid surgeries I should probably never have had.

When I was born, the doctors told my parents that I would never be able to walk. After all the surgeries, when I was 19, my "bad" leg was more than 2 inches shorter than the "normal" leg, so another doctor broke the "bad" leg again and put a fixateur externe in to extend it to the same length as the other leg. That was painful and took over a year, but it worked. Then, a few years later, I think they took some old screws and a plate out and one of the screws broke and they messed too much with it and the "bad" leg broke again spontaneously (only time that ever happened). That's when they put the rod in. I was like 27 or so, already on Clutchfans...might have been clutchcity.net at the time. And a short while after that was in, I started getting very high fevers and it turned out to be from that staph infection on the rod.

Anyway, eventually the rod came out and I haven't had any issues since. The doctors predicted that I would get arthrosis/arthritis whatever. I would certainly never have been able to be a competitive athlete because of all the issues with my leg, but at least I can still play tennis today.

It's just when I heard he is getting a rod, it made me remember that tough year with all the antibiotics. Really hope he won't have any such issues whatsoever.

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Sounds rough - glad you persevered through it. Got a good friend who is a coworker in surgery today actually addressing similar complications from surgeries over the course of his life to deal with a congenital deformation. it's really eye opening when you realize just how much we don't really understand about the human body despite the tech.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I will say it takes a very brave individual to decide to have surgery when they feel relatively HEALTHY.

He is voluntarily going under the knife in a "HOPE" that this fixes a very minor issue that he could live with if he weren't a professional athlete...he is pain free walking about, but gets in pain when under exertion.

He is brave or taking this step in the HOPE that it fixes the issue.

DD

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Get well soon, Tari.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yowza . . . that's quite an experience. glad it sounds like you're pain-free now

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yeah, now he is just a pain in everyone else's ass !

;)

DD

AroundTheWorld and Os Trigonum like this.
  15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That was a hard read. Glad you eventually ended up with good health and mobility.

Fortunately for Tari, it's 2024.