1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tari Eason is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Dec 13, 2023.

1. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Has there ever been a better vibes player than Tari Eason? I like to think if Eric Gordon was still on the team this year he would be having fun.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Boban

3. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

I like Tari, but everyone jumping on his bandwagon so quick just like yall jumping off the Jalen Green bandwagon this year.
    Putting things in perspective, opposing teams' game plans are to shut down Sengun and Jalen Green.
    If their game plan was to shutdown Tari then these recent stats of 20/14 wouldn't exist.
    Tari's motor is A+, but his playmaking skills, shot creation off the dribble is subpar which limits his ceiling of being a future Star.
    Someone mentioned a poor man Kawhi/S. Marion - like I said in another post, Tari or Brooks packaged with Jalen will be used to trade for a Superstar who can greatly take our team to the next level!
    Right now, I would say Sengun is the only untouchable player on our roster as of now

ramotadab likes this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I have been on the Tari bandwagon since day 1, nor have jumped off the Jalen bandwagon either. Not quite anyway.
    If you dont believe me, go back and look at my posts.

#64 jim1961, Dec 14, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2023
  5. j@amc

j@amc Member

It would be foolish, as a GM, to entertain offers for Jalen + Tari/Brooks; I don't care what "superstar" someone might dangle in front of our eyes.
    And if you bought a superstar for the low price of Jalen +Tari/Brooks would be hated by your fan base.

Let's keep building with what we have because we still have a lot to figure out. Let's see what we've got in Amen (big club minutes) and Cam (Viper minutes).

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't think Gordon would like warming the bench.

ramotadab likes this.
  7. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

If Tari continues to develop at the pace he's at now, Dillon Brooks will become expendable...you can easily package Jalen/Brooks to upgrade our SG position if a Superstar at the position becomes available. These are just hypotheticals

ramotadab likes this.
  8. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I don't think Tari's ascension makes Brooks expendable. In this league, you can't have too many wings.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Easily?

10. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Haha, yeah. That term struck me too. What "superstar" SG would even be available? Booker, Ant, Brown, and Maxey are likely untouchable. Guys like Lavine aren't worth it. So, who's left? That seems nowhere near enough for a Mitchell trade, assuming the Cavs want to move him. Maybe the Hawks want to recoup some of what they sent out for Dejounte Murray? I don't know.

ramotadab likes this.
  11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

…good luck NBA. Tari the man.

Hakeemtheking and ramotadab like this.
  12. invocux

invocux Member

He is not a franchise player material. He can be Ariza and that's it which is good i like Ariza.

saleem and shakes05 like this.
  13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Similar build but he's far more versatile than Ariza ever was.

matchesmalone and ramotadab like this.
  15. invocux

invocux Member

Ariza could guard many positions and was very reliable from 3pt line even before GSW dynasty became a thing. He was very versatile. If he is far more versatile than Ariza ever was then we have an all star in our hands and i don't think he will ever be an all star. I think he is a much better rebounder than Ariza was more athletic too but Ariza i think had better handles and higher bbiq i don't see too much gap between them talentwise.

saleem likes this.
  16. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

WRONG

Hakeemtheking and Plowman like this.
  17. invocux

invocux Member

I'm right

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't really see it on offense. He hasn't shown much finishing ability outside of dunks, has an okay handle but nothing spectacular, and he can shoot the three ball but I haven't seen him take and hit very many contested jumpers.

He can put up points in the flow of the offense as we've seen, but there's a limit to how far that can take you.

That said, his defense, hustle, and instincts on the boards could carry him into the all-star reserves at some point on sort of "elite roleplayer" status. Guys like Dennis Rodman and Ben Wallace made multiple all-star games and the HoF, after all.

19. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Donovan Mitchell is the player to watch if he decides not to sign an extension with the Cavs. Our assets are more attractive than what the media is reporting the Knicks or any other team has that expressed interest in trading for him

saleem, joshuaao and persian hoopa like this.
  20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

some of us never called Tari a role player and always thought he has Kwahi level potential.