1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Targets for our TPE, MLE and BAE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrjohn, Jul 16, 2014.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I have to admit, you don't give up.

How would we outbid another team for Kevin Love? And please: none of the "we give them 4 future first rounders and give them rights to exchange four other first rounders, plus we take Martin off their hands".

But you need real ammunition to go after Kevin Love.

Cleveland will come calling with players like Tristan T. and Bennett and Dion Waiters. (And Minnesota will insist on Wiggins.)

We have....Tjones, Capela, Nick J., a 2015 probable late-lottery pick, Dmo, and the willingness to fold KevMart into our Trade Exception.

Anything less than James Harden won't cut it; and isn't Morey hanging on to Harden in hopes of landing Durant in two years?

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

that list is ugly

3. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

That all is very true, but I still think dragic could be had. Dragic is most likely gonna opt out after next year, and make probably 10-12 million per year.

I would tend to believe more towards 12, meaning you would be paying 19 mil and a probable max contract for 3 players that can't play at the same time.

Once again I agree with your logic but it does seem that dragic COULD be had for the right price.

4. basketballholic

Minnesota wants a couple ballers for Love. A couple ballers. That's what's keeping the Warriors deal from going down. It's not picks. It's ballers. We've got to find a way to leverage guys like Jones, DMo, Capella, and the Pelies pick....and possibly even Pat Beverley into ballers. Of course if the Love drama stretches into the season then all our free agent signed guys become possibilities as well on December 15th.

Right now.....I think we should start expecting a trade of Jones plus non-guaranteeds for some type of baller. Perhaps even Jones and DMo and non-guaranteeds for a baller. Jones/DMo plus expirings may be enough to tip the scales on a Monroe sign-and-trade. Perhaps not Jones and DMo going to Detroit directly but perhaps one or both of them going elsewhere for players to send to Detroit for Monroe. Detroit needs shooters and a true point guard. Hate to say it and hate to give this guy up because he's going to be very, very good...but Canaan may be the piece we need to send to Detroit along with Jones and non-guaranteeds to turn a Monroe deal.

You get a deal done like that...and then you've got the Pelies pick plus a trade exception to get the second baller. Monroe/Dragic to Minny for Love is more value than Thompson/Lee and I think it's more value than Thompson/Lee/Barnes.

I'm thinking a nice tandem of ballers for Minny would be Monroe signed to a fresh 4-year deal and possibly a guy like Dragic.

Not to mention a guy like Ilyasova...If we could get Milwaukee to move Ilyasova for nothing and attach a small asset...

#44 basketballholic, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Sure, he could probably be had for the right price, but that price is pretty steep. He's a fan favorite, a coach favorite and an organizational favorite. IF they were going to move him now they would want guaranteed impact players which we don't have to offer.

The problem with the Pelicans pick right now is it that it's too volatile. If the Pelicans are good but not great it's a last pick of the lottery type pick. If they are good then it is a pick that you might not get for awhile. I don't think that pick has a lot of value in the offseason personally.

Overrated Monroe and 1 year of Dragic is not more value (not even better players) than overrated David Lee and team controlled Klay Thompson.

6. houactuar

houactuar Member

I like Barea

7. houactuar

houactuar Member

It would be awesome to have JJ and if he burned up the Mavs scoring twice as much CP25

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

^Jopat...That sounds so far-fetched. :eek:

9. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

I'm a fan of Brandon Bass solely for rebounds and aggressiveness

10. houactuar

houactuar Member

Ariza shuts down CP25 and JJ blows up being guarded by Felton. I would laugh my azz off.

11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

He was saying give them pelican pick for dragic and something about fitting in our TPE, then PHX signs bledsoe and monroe, then later packages the pelican pick and monroe to Minny for love.. they would be keeping bledsoe

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I can see Ariza playing well against Parsons. I was referring to the crazy ideas that basketballholic posted.

13. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

The pelicans pick is volatile, but I do think it'll be in the lottery for sure. Spurs thunder clips blazers rockets warriors mavs grizzlies I think are all better than them meaning they're in the lottery.

On top of that, most of the pelicans too players are very injury prone. You can't count on injuries, but they could certainly come into play with that team.

14. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

You guys also have to remember that the Suns sign and traded for Isaiah Thomas. I think he signed a 24 million dollar contract. Their is no way that they are paying 3 PG over 60 Million dollars. That is just ridiculous. They are either going to let Bledsoe walk or they are trading Dragic.

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

IMHO a Bass/Rondo for Jones, DMo, NOP pick, etc trade may look enticing to Ainge when Rondo demands a trade around the deadline. Just need Jones to take another step forward and one of our other young guys to look promising.

That being said I would bet almost anything Morey just bides his time until the deadline and makes no more big moves. Jones and the NOP pick are already plus assets. Just need Capela, Johnson, Daniels, DMo, Cannan, or Pap to break out and impress. Then whichever star player like Love or Rondo is disgruntled that will be the target.

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i would much rather have dragic than rondo, but i'm sure he would opt out to get paid more

have bev come off as a solid 6th man

17. justtxyank

Dragic is their starting SG.

Thomas is their 6th man.

They are paying a 3 GUARD rotation 60 million, not 3 PGs.

None of that means they won't let Dragic go, but it's not going to be for spare parts or a pick that could be the last pick in the lottery.

1 person likes this.
  18. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I think the TPE is meant to absorb junk contracts from the Celtics or Wolves in the case of a Rondo or Love trade. I don't believe that we'll use it otherwise.

19. basketballholic

Tristan is right. You're refusing to see it. They're not paying that much money for 3 playmakers in the backcourt, especially when they are so short of talent up front.

Somebody is getting traded. Either Goran is getting traded. Or Bledsoe is getting sign-and-traded.

20. justtxyank

I already said someone might get traded. You're refusing to read it.

What I said was they won't be traded for spare parts.

You saying someone is "refusing to see it" is laughable considering your god-awful track record of "seeing it" when others don't.