1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Tarantino] Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 19, 2019.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Dude, that scene was too short!!! I wanted to see more Green Hornet behind the scene stuff like that, I love the Green hornet. When Pitt called him Kato, I literally was LOL hard.

mikol13, Nook and whiskeyred like this.
  2. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

B Lee scene start to finish was bliss

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Fantastic. Top 5 Tarantino movie for me.

whiskeyred likes this.
  4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but that’s the thing... Most of the shining moments were just bit parts, had very little to do with the story. They were cool parts though.

LC and Pitt were good, the writing just seemed to really be lacking. I was disappointed for sure.

I liked the payoff.

That said, I’ll see it again to see if it clicks more than it did the first time.

5. whiskeyred

I’m still in a dream state since leaving this film, smile on my face - windows down - soundtrack on repeat - just happy QT doesn’t play by anyone’s rules and does what he does warts and all.

travfrancis and J Sizzle like this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's like a lot of writers: once they notch a few successes, they think they don't need editors or really any external input. Probably true w QT, and that's one reason this is so damned long.

mikol13 likes this.
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

True artistry is admirable, but in todays the day and age, with the ability to control your original work ( the bram stoker version ), artists should be willing to let go of control and see what happens. The more people involved the better. Usually. And if the studio or editors f it up, you do it again your way. So while I understand the art, there's some do over freedom there that didn't exist before.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. MystikArkitect

How anyone **** on this movie these days is nuts to me. Especially critics of an industry that has devolved into half baked Disney remakes and a regurgitated superhero movie that gets told over and over again.

It was Tarantino. It was unapologetic and charming.

Dicaprio explaining the flamethrower at the end.....OMG. That was hilarious. That whole scene at the ranch was tense as hell as well.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Can someone explain the Bruce Lee scene. Was that a flashback or a day dreaming sequence for Pitt’s character?

10. VanityHalfBlack

QT's biggest opening ever at the box office, the king is back! Who here wants a Stuntman Mike and Cliff Booth movie? Kurt Russell is the goat and also the narrator which I thought was interesting. Did you guys see any easter eggs?

11. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah I'm not sure either. I probably need to see it again. The scene happen after Cliff was fixing the TV Antenna and the shot looked like he was day dreaming or maybe he really was on the set of The green Hornet?

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I really enjoyed it but I’ll say the story isn’t as strong as some of his other films. Still, it’s a hellva right with some great performances. Brad Pitt and LC are great, I really enjoyed both of them in especially their interplay when they were on screen together.

Some of the smaller cameos were great, a little hard not to think about how cool it would have been if it’d been Burt Reynolds as George Spah.

The Green Hornet sequence was just gold, same goes for the spaghetti western portion with Leo.

Ending was great but I could see some people being turned off by it, the title of the story is a bit wink that maybe what your seeing isn’t going to be based on actual facts throughout.

I thought it was a solid A- even though it was kind of unfocused.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  13. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

Red Apple Tobacco is in alot of his movies

The nazi movie seemed like a nod to IB when LC burned the nazis with the blowtorch

Antonio Margheriti is also from IB

14. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Did anyone else think, Man LDC might make a great Nick Fury? hahahah

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Worst thing about watching a Tarantino movie is knowing after it's over you've got 3-4 years of waiting for the next one.

The man is the best film maker of our generation.

whiskeyred likes this.
  16. VanityHalfBlack

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, sometimes I will see a movie or hear an album and I'll think, Why are the critics / fans so big on this? Good, but...

Then I'll see / hear it some time later and, This is awesome. (GoodFellas, Achtung Baby, Revolver.)

mikol13 likes this.
  18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He's actually floated out there that this might be his last feature movie.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

VanityHalfBlack and whiskeyred like this.
  20. whiskeyred