1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Tanks for the Memories Thread Starts Here

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jscmedia, Apr 7, 2012.

1. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

U funny.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Those that think we're 'stuck on a treadmill of mediocrity' or want us to tank.... should go become Kings fans! C'mon u get all your wishes comes true... 2 top 5 young draftees and you even get the benefit of a few former Rockets (TWil, Hayes, Greene).

Obviously, you're not happy with the direction the team has chosen - to do the best they can... so pease, don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya...

Oh, and btw, I can pretty much guarantee the Rox will return to the finals before the 'lottery built' Kings do... ;)

1 person likes this.
  3. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Do you think Morey would have used his top picks the same way the Kings did? I can pretty much guarantee that there is no way he takes Tyreke Evans over Rubio. I would be pretty psyched if the Rockets had both Cousins and Rubio right now and I'm betting Morey would too based on how hard he tried to get the both of them.

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

To be frank, anyone who still thinks that this team should/should have tanked is an idiot and not a real Rockets fan. Mostly an idiot.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You are missing out on a great season. This team has a million times more heart and smarts than the Francis-Cuttino era Rockets.

6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Lowry and Dragic are both better than Rubio, anyways. Cousins would be nice, but it's not like he would totally change the face of this team.

7. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

They might be better now but Rubio has more upside. Morey would trade Lowry AND Dragic for Rubio without giving it a second thought. Rubio and Cousins would change the face of the team and give us a much brighter future/direction than we currently have.

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

You are preoccupied with the moment. At the moment we have a slightly better and deeper team than last year. We could lose that if Dragics price gets too high to pay him with this playoff run or Moreys inability to keep him. That would mean your middle draft pick only barely replaces Dragic putting us back into that nearly endless cycle of middle to late playoff seed at best if not regress and rebuild year after year. While your pot of gold theory sounds smart? You failed to mention Durant, Shaq, Hakeem, Rose, Jordan, Ewing, and so many others that do not consider that the pot of gold theory and actual proven method for so many teams. Of course Morey could keep Dragic and find ways to retain and draft middle road players who play better? He has to keep them or trade them to get superstars unless one of them develops into one or the teams wins a Championship with a team work and good players on a deep roster with no stars. That only happened with the Detroit Pistons. Which means those chasing that scenario sir? Are the ones chasing the rainbow. Morey needs to be great to pull that off. Not just good at getting players and keeping them or signing others. Great at drafting in the middle or great at getting others to come here/stay.

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Now if @hadtodoitCF. Find that rainbow team who did not do it through the draft. Its the Lakers who lure players to come there or trade for Superstars in deals that strongly favor them. That is not us. Its either tank to get that team to a championship? Or Morey steps it up drafting and moving players through trades/luring signees in the offseason. Including our own back to the team and others teams. Morey is not proven in that yet.

10. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Dat's easy - Boston Celtics a couple years ago. The Heat did not do it through the draft but through free agency in 2006. Their current roster is again free agent based. Chicago and OKC are pipe dreams because they had obvious picks fall in to their laps that panned out. Relying on the 1 or 2 pick as any team not truly horrible (washington, charlotte, etc.) is spitting in to probability's face. Since we are naming teams, name the team drafting 3-7 who rebuilds to contender status via draft after 2-3 years. Even Dirk was taken 9th and traded for the tractor. It took many years for that to pay off. No matter what we do (tank or win), it will take a lot of luck or a lot of time. In the meantime, I'm cheering for wins and good ball.

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Oops, my bad, they'll have a mid-first round pick and come up with another bench player.

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Youa re still talking about desirable destinations where Trios gathered. A rainbow scenario where each wanted to play on the other team. and Boston and South Beach with Wade and Bosh. This is not the likely scenario ever gonna develop for Houston. It took drafting Wade for that Heat scenario to ever materialize is what you also forget and drafting Paul Peirce after being bad for that Boston scenario too. So still? Favors sucking and drafting high.

13. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

It's funny how mad protankers are. Bandwagon much?

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yay tank! Because watching your favorite team losing is sooo fun to watch! Those pro tankers act like they would enjoy watching that. They'd still be on this board, b****ing and moaning about how the Rockets are the worst team in the league and how The coach and GM don't know what they're doing.

I bet it hurts to see the rockets play so well. Waaaa Waaa Waaa we have no stars!!!! SHUT UPPP.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i've been a rockets fan probably longer than you've been breathing. i love the rockets...i'm not convinced that the sound and fury of this squad's run takes them past the first round. i'll be rooting for them, regardless. i still believe the long term is a lot better if they miss the playoffs this season rather than make them. that doesn't mean i don't root for them to win from night to night.

16. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I'm in favor of tanking, and I have season tickets. I was looking forward to seeing our 09 busts getting serious minutes, as well as trying out some D-League players. I said I would support the Rockets as long as they have a direction: Either tank like hell, or actually make the playoffs. They took the playoff route, and it looks like they'll get there. I will admit that there were moments during the season where it looked like they were destined for the 14th pick again, and that made me feel horrible.

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Wow! That's it? yikes!

Go Rockets! Go Bang!

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Things change quickly.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

On our way to the 14th pick again. :p

20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I hate to say it. No I wont. Things can change again. Right now its looking like the tankers have it right. Even if the Rockets barely squeek into the playoffs.